PDA

View Full Version : Where is my save?? Only NEW GAME avaiable?!!??

SatoriKorp
10-27-2017, 01:32 PM
I played ACO last night. Very happy with it. 5 hours session. Now when I launch the game my 3 saving slots says NEW GAME.

I checked my files on my computer there is a saved game.

I can see my progression in Uplay UI for my 5 hours of play.

Can't join technical support for 40mn now. Anyone has/had the same problem ?

Ubi-Keo
10-27-2017, 01:36 PM
Unfortunately it sounds as though your save file could be corrupt.

Can you please try the following:

1. Disable the cloud save in Uplay
2. Make a backup copy of your existing save file then delete it from the save folder
3. Launch the game and play for 5-10 minutes then save and exit
4. Enable the cloud save again in Uplay
5. Launch the game again and you will receive a message that there is a cloud save (if one is detected) and a local save, it will then prompt you which one you would like to use, select the cloud save and your previous data maybe recovered.

If this does not work then unfortunately your save data will be lost.

tye9797
10-27-2017, 01:47 PM
Clicked on play, will not start. restarted PC, closed everything, still nothing.

Idea's?

SatoriKorp
10-27-2017, 02:28 PM
I did exactly as you say,create a new game, playing 10 min, choosing saving from cloud but in fact uplay replace my current new game save by my new game save!
Uplay is totally unable to restore my save which tells me that the problem come from the cloud feature itself. I can see that in my file explorer in UbiSoftGameLauncher/savegames/(...)/3539 this is a mess of files out there. Brillant!!
Now i feel 5 hours wasted , 2 hours with this technical issue and i can't wait to do the tutorials again :D
Thanks for you answer but the real answer should be INSTALL YOUR GAME ON STEAM (never had an issue in 8 years with the cloud) and now i'm gonna save locally so your cloud won't mess up my save folder.
Regards

SatoriKorp
10-27-2017, 02:30 PM
Make a post on your own with more details :D