PDA

View Full Version : Do not purchase Assassin's Creed: Origins, if you are unable to install the game on C

LudoxJelly
10-27-2017, 12:28 PM
If you're unable to install the game on you main drive (C:), avoid buying the game. I've done this mistake multiple times with various Ubisoft games. If you dont do this, the game wont boot up, except showing a splash screen of the game. In Task Manager, it says the game is "opened" and running, but after waiting for 30 minutes, i kinda feel like it wont go any further. https://www.google.dk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjL8u-a2ZDXAhVGUlAKHffCD80QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fassassinscreed.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2 FAssassin%2527s_Creed%3A_Origins&psig=AOvVaw222IOi2pooRdZBU0tdPoTE&ust=1509190055753291
The support from Ubisoft is terrible, and the solutions will always be "please submit a ticket, and our developer team will take a look at it". INB4 they throw the ticket right in the bin.. :rolleyes:
ACO is not the only games unable to launch on an extern drive. ACU, ACBF, For Honor and Ghost Recon: Wildlands are all unable to do this. Therefore, if you have (like me) a (C:) drive only for booting up Windows, take a HUGE leap around Those games.

NetQvist
10-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Works fine without issues from a separate SSD for me, and so has every game you just listed there....

BerntBalchen
10-27-2017, 12:32 PM
I use D, works like a charm. :)

danijel.1983
10-27-2017, 12:33 PM
Good to know. But why won’t you install on drive C:? Not enough free space or something else is preventing you? If you have enough space just install in on drive C: it won’t mess up your windows.

SaintTmi
10-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Didn't work on my D, I had to remove stuff from my SSD to get the game on C, if it STILL doesn't work I'm out.

LudoxJelly
10-27-2017, 12:36 PM
I have no storage left on my C drive. it's only for all the Windows files

MonkeySeeker
10-27-2017, 02:55 PM
I'm running Origins on my E: drive and it starts fine. As does Unity and Black Flag.

RagingTabor
10-27-2017, 02:56 PM
Looks as if you have a potato Machine, I have zero issues with installing the game on a separate drive.

LC-Fats
10-27-2017, 02:59 PM
If you're unable to install the game on you main drive (C:), avoid buying the game. I've done this mistake multiple times with various Ubisoft games. If you dont do this, the game wont boot up, except showing a splash screen of the game. In Task Manager, it says the game is "opened" and running, but after waiting for 30 minutes, i kinda feel like it wont go any further. https://www.google.dk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjL8u-a2ZDXAhVGUlAKHffCD80QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fassassinscreed.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2 FAssassin%2527s_Creed%3A_Origins&psig=AOvVaw222IOi2pooRdZBU0tdPoTE&ust=1509190055753291
The support from Ubisoft is terrible, and the solutions will always be "please submit a ticket, and our developer team will take a look at it". INB4 they throw the ticket right in the bin.. :rolleyes:
ACO is not the only games unable to launch on an extern drive. ACU, ACBF, For Honor and Ghost Recon: Wildlands are all unable to do this. Therefore, if you have (like me) a (C:) drive only for booting up Windows, take a HUGE leap around Those games.

You should really stop taking random posts on a community forum as hard fact. I've played all of your previously mentioned titles, from a secondary drive, without issue. The tickets I've submitted for other issues have been resolved in a speedy and efficient manner. The threads in the Community forums I've participated in, have rarely - if ever - involved an actual solution.

Dethtool_74
10-27-2017, 03:07 PM
I've got all my AC titles installed on C:/ and they all run fine. Not sure what problem your having installing/running it on C:/.

MonkeySeeker
10-27-2017, 03:22 PM
I've got all my AC titles installed on C:/ and they all run fine. Not sure what problem your having installing/running it on C:/.

His problem is running an any drive OTHER than his C: drive. He says he can only run the game when it is installed on C: and it won't run when installed elsewhere.

LC-Fats
10-27-2017, 03:30 PM
His problem is running an any drive OTHER than his C: drive. He says he can only run the game when it is installed on C: and it won't run when installed elsewhere.

As I stated, I can run all of the titles mentioned off of a secondary drive, and have done so. The whole, "CANT LAUNCH UNLESS ON C:" bit was picked up from another post by a Community member, it's not an official resolution/solution.

abanev
10-27-2017, 03:35 PM
I am using Uplay Version and have it installed on E. No Problems (except for some sound issues)