PDA

View Full Version : Executing the game just causes a black screen, only audio works

Martinspire
10-27-2017, 10:39 AM
Just experienced a the game hanging on the first cinematic when you visit Siwa. After that I quit the game but when starting it just hang on startup. Just after the game launch image goes away.

It required me to restart my console in order to get it to work. Simply quitting the game didn't work.

On Xbox One btw. So holding the power button until it goes out and then press it to get it on.

Perhaps others experience this as well, so I'm posting it here.

SamLSwagson
10-27-2017, 11:45 AM
When I start the game I only get a blackscreen even though I can hear the audio and see the video part if I ALT+TAB out in the thumbnail. For some reason it just doesn't get rendered in fullscreen. I got a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and just installed the latest driver from 4 days ago. After some google research I've noticed that this was a problem with previous AC games as well. Any suggestions how to fix this?

skai027
10-27-2017, 06:23 PM
When I start the game I only get a blackscreen even though I can hear the audio and see the video part if I ALT+TAB out in the thumbnail. For some reason it just doesn't get rendered in fullscreen. I got a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and just installed the latest driver from 4 days ago. After some google research I've noticed that this was a problem with previous AC games as well. Any suggestions how to fix this?

I also have the same problem, and I'm running with GTX 1070.

JN-Jones
10-27-2017, 07:45 PM
Same issue here with GeForce GTX 1050. However I've noticed that switching the monitor preference (with windows+p) seems to reinitialize the graphics which either causes the game to crash (most of the time) or to show the graphics properly. Takes me usually around 30 minutes to get the game working but afterwards I can play for hours without any problems. Also though the driver update noted that compatibility with ACO was added, GeForce Experience doesn't seem to recognize the game so optimizing the settings isn't possible there.