PDA

View Full Version : Heroes in gank fights

rabidpikachu527
10-27-2017, 01:46 AM
Heroes have completely different interactions when ganking. Lawbringer has too many stun locks and damage in a gank, and don't even mention the running pin. If he lands it, you're dead. The revenge buffs need to roll out.

sand_nigg3r
10-27-2017, 01:51 AM
The revenge rework also requires the removal of the feat that allows revenge gain while attacking. There is zero reason why a revenge build Nobushi should be able to apply a single bleed and gain an entire revenge bar in a1v1.

TSCDescon
10-27-2017, 02:58 AM
If the new revenge does make it, rework some characters.

brashtralas
10-27-2017, 03:22 AM
thereís no fixing it. Iíve come to this conclusion. Itís incredibly annoying and almost all of the characters are imbalanced in some way, and theyíre non-stop introducing characters that have insane amounts of unblockables.

Weíve reached a point where itís impossible to fix. Some characters can feint repeatedly nearly forever. Some characters just spam unblockables from neutral forever, feinting even that.

Itís bad design.

Then you have the abysmal inconsistencies. You can do the same thing twice and get two different results. Throw a guy off a cliff only for him to hit an invisible wall, recover abnormally fast, and throw you off.

Throw a guy 10 feet, then throw him 2.

I actually think the whole game is degrading at an alarming rate(on Xbox). Iíd say it started with timesnap removal and has advanced severely since. I get hit by light attacks from assassins that land at the same moment the indicator appears.

Then thereís the defensive meta patch that will trade tanky blocking for a plethora of dodgy assassins. A symptom of balancing around pc, Iíd say.

Iím becoming disenchanted with this game.

Sorry, I went off the rails there, but this game is pushing my buttons lately.

Helnekromancer
10-27-2017, 04:15 AM
The revenge rework also requires the removal of the feat that allows revenge gain while attacking. There is zero reason why a revenge build Nobushi should be able to apply a single bleed and gain an entire revenge bar in a1v1.

It doesn't take 1 bleed for Nobushi to get revenge from a revenge build with Revenge Attacks. Even with 2 people attacking me I need to land atleast 8-9 strikes and parry once. Attacks only increase the bar little by little parries is what trigger the revenge most of the time since it scales with how many people are ganking you even in a 1v1 situation its a good boost,blocking too but it takes a little bit longer.

So if you want to remove anything from revenge its how much you revenge you get from parrying, but then you are just punishing good players who are making the best of a bad situation who are defending themselves from multiple opponents.

All players have access to bulding Revenge Gained, but not everyone has Revenge Attacks.

Only Nobushi, Orochi, Peacekeeper, Berserker, Shinobi, and Gladiator can use Revenge Attacks. Removing Revenge Attacks would just be a nerf to these Heroes in 4v4 game modes since these characters are very poor at defending themselves other than attacking thus Revenge Attacks comes into play, making sue of their fast lights. Where the best defense is offense

Even if they pop Revenge they are the same fighter they was without revenge all you have to do is bait out the revenge with a feint and if your feint doesnt work you could always throw them into a wall and feint your heavy and now that player is forced to use revenge or die. After that you just play defensive until his revenge wears off and kill him.

brashtralas
10-27-2017, 04:23 AM
It doesn't take 1 bleed for Nobushi to get revenge from a revenge build with Revenge Attacks. Even with 2 people attacking me I need to land atleast 8-9 strikes and parry once. Attacks only increase the bar little by little parries is what trigger the revenge most of the time since it scales with how many people are ganking you even in a 1v1 situation its a good boost,blocking too but it takes a little bit longer.

So if you want to remove anything from revenge its how much you revenge you get from parrying, but then you are just punishing good players who are making the best of a bad situation who are defending themselves from multiple opponents.

All players have access to bulding Revenge Gained, but not everyone has Revenge Attacks.

Only Nobushi, Orochi, Peacekeeper, Berserker, Shinobi, and Gladiator can use Revenge Attacks. Removing Revenge Attacks would just be a nerf to these Heroes in 4v4 game modes since these characters are very poor at defending themselves other than attacking thus Revenge Attacks comes into play, making sue of their fast lights. Where the best defense is offense

Even if they pop Revenge they are the same fighter they was without revenge all you have to do is bait out the revenge with a feint and if your feint doesnt work you could always throw them into a wall and feint your heavy and now that player is forced to use revenge or die. After that you just play defensive until his revenge wears off and kill him.

I disagree. Revenge is sooooo easy to trigger right now, and becoming completely uninterruptible is such a huge benefit that it actually makes one player better than two. Assassins even more so, because they do such extreme damage.

Gb through enemies attackó> heavy enemy almost dead.

Helnekromancer
10-27-2017, 04:35 AM
I disagree. Revenge is sooooo easy to trigger right now, and becoming completely uninterruptible is such a huge benefit that it actually makes one player better than two. Assassins even more so, because they do such extreme damage.

Gb through enemies attack—> heavy enemy almost dead.

I disagree ,

Like I already said, there are ways to counter Revenge if you use your head. In a 1v2 scenario if both players both understand

1. The player they are ganking is about to pop revenge
2. They are going to have to switch their fighting patterns once he pops revenge

The player in revenge mode won't do much damage to either player.

1 player gb and the other slide in hits even if the one gb-ing runs out of stamina he can still gb the Revenge Hero if he's not the one being targeted.

When a player enter revenge, they now play by different rules, unless you are new to the game you should know by now that when a player gets revenge they get super armor, meaning they can attack and gb through your attacks and gbs meaning the only way to properly fight them is to gb them and hit them or parry, gb and then hit them.

It's up to the gankers to decide how strong revenge is. With classes like Shugoki, and Lawbringer, and Raider running around in these 4v4 game modes where they are most seen in, they are more than enough to hold a Revenged Hero down while others attack them.

I've been on both receiving end and have been killed even when i hit Revenge because the fighters who were attacking me knew what to do to subdue me and killed multiple opponents who just kept on swinging.

Also even if the Assassin puts their gear into maxing Revenge mode attack it comes at a cost of losing significant base damage, or having -26% Revenge gained. So the only reasonable choice would be to go neutral on all 3 and have decent attack dmg, revenge gained and revenge mode attack.

Devils-_-legacy
10-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Lb running poke WL shield bash and conquers running shield bash just over powered in 1vx situation