PDA

View Full Version : No Audio / Sound

AlphaHugo
10-26-2017, 11:44 PM
When i launch the game there is NO sound/audio

Not on the menu, movies or gameplay
All other games in Uplay work with sound

Any ideas or anyone else find the same issue?

KAZOO750
10-27-2017, 06:11 AM
I am having the same problem. There is no sound at all. I tried a headset, no sound, i tried changing sources, no sound. What is up with that?:mad:

Crymsonglacius
10-27-2017, 06:14 AM
I am getting partial audio, no voices during cut scenes but I do get some action audio and dialogue when not in cut scenes.,

LondonJack86
10-27-2017, 02:20 PM
Same here, sounds for everything but cut scenes..

Ubi-Keo
10-27-2017, 02:48 PM
There is currently a known issue with Logitech headsets. If you are using one of these please keep checking the known issues (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1774471-AC-Origins-Known-Issues-PC) post for updates.

However if you are not using a Logitech headset can you please confirm how you have your output audio setup.

Smok3y72
10-28-2017, 04:21 AM
It was working and the game crashed. Once I restarted the game, I lost all audio. Audio is working fine on everything else on my PC except AC:Origins. I'm using onboard audio with a Realtek HD Audio Driver. Don;t understand how one second it was working fine and now nothing.

kingnib
10-28-2017, 05:20 AM
I have the same audio drivers Smok3y. I have never had sound in AC:O at all, but it's fine on everything else on my computer.

tikerskat222
10-28-2017, 07:02 AM
I'm not using headsets... just speakers (5.1 logitech z906)

DreamAgainXI
10-28-2017, 07:49 AM
There is currently a known issue with Logitech headsets. If you are using one of these please keep checking the known issues (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1774471-AC-Origins-Known-Issues-PC) post for updates.

However if you are not using a Logitech headset can you please confirm how you have your output audio setup.
Omniblast Surround 5.1 decoding dolby digital live -> optical cable to receiver .. constant very loud static buzzing and no other audio.

Rev2004
10-28-2017, 08:14 AM
@ubi Team: you can add the Logitech G35 Headset to the list of Logitech Headsets with this problem :(

LondonJack86
10-28-2017, 12:58 PM
yes, please add the g35 also as having issues with sound.

KAZOO750
10-28-2017, 02:20 PM
When i launch the game there is NO sound/audio

Not on the menu, movies or gameplay
All other games in Uplay work with sound

Any ideas or anyone else find the same issue?

Have you found a solution. I am new to PC gaming. As a matter of fact, this is the first game I have purchased for PC. It is really frustrating. I could probably fix the audio except I loose control of the mouse as soon as I start the game. Any ideas how to fix this?

Whiskey-Foxtrot
10-28-2017, 02:38 PM
I've seen recommendations on disabling Dolby SS 7.1/5.1 and switching the speakers to Stereo, which is not an option for a $100 AAA game. SS works fine with ALL other games released in the last few days (or years for that matter). This needs to have an alternate fix.

Smok3y72
10-29-2017, 12:16 AM
It has nothing to do with surround sound or usb headsets. I'm using onboard audio with Realtek driver and speakers set to stereo and I have NO audio whatsoever.

real_lethality
10-29-2017, 01:23 AM
This has nothing to do with the device... speakers, headphones, whatever.

Look deeper, what sound hardware and drivers are your machines running?

I've got Realtek stuff and it disables sound across my entire machine while running AC:O. When I quit the game, it comes back.

Ozgiliath
10-29-2017, 01:30 AM

Hi Keo,

Not everyone has a logitech headset, this affects sound cards as well. My sound card Asus RAID DLX doesn't work with the game. When i start it up it crashed before i ever see the splash screen.

Again this isn't just headset in particular.

royjg2
10-29-2017, 03:25 PM
Same problem as first post : When i launch the game there is NO sound/audio

And yet I use audio output from monitor, on pc gtx-1080ti display port output for audio

Had same problem using Hyper X headphones

Only game that gives me this problem

EmoSkejt
10-29-2017, 07:45 PM
Hey!

If you have any other devices from Logitech (like camera or smthing) try disconnecting them.

I have Logitech c920 cam, and I had all this problems until i disconnected it.

You can also open your device manager (while in-game) and see if any driver disappears and reappears again. Then just deactivate it (or unplug).

Whiskey-Foxtrot
10-29-2017, 08:29 PM
Hey!

If you have any other devices from Logitech (like camera or smthing) try disconnecting them.

You can also open your device manager (while in-game) and see if any driver disappears and reappears again. Then just deactivate it (or unplug).

I have both the BRIO and C920 cam and removing those is not a solution - especially not for streamers! My hardware on multiple systems works fine with every other game released recently - we should not have to disable anything for just one game. I can see if it was some $10 indie game, but not an Ubisoft game. Hopefully they'll come up with a patch/solution - this game looks absolutely amazing and sounds great over all, but without dialog audio it really defeats the purpose and fun of the game.

royjg2
10-29-2017, 08:51 PM
Disabling "surround" in Windows 10 sound properties has helped, I now have sound

Whiskey-Foxtrot
10-29-2017, 09:55 PM
Hey!

I have both the BRIO and C920 cam and removing those is not a solution - especially not for streamers! My hardware on multiple systems works fine with every other game released recently - we should not have to disable anything for just one game. I can see if it was some $10 indie game, but not an Ubisoft game. Hopefully they'll come up with a patch/solution - this game looks absolutely amazing and sounds great over all, but without dialog audio it really defeats the purpose and fun of the game.

blackroseMD1
10-30-2017, 12:45 AM
I'm having the same issue using Creative speakers. Sound was working fine last night. Today, when I start up the game, I get sound on the intro screens, but once I go in game, no sound at all. I do have a Logitech headset, but don't use it with AC:O and also a Logitech mouse. Disconnecting the mouse isn't really an option considering I use it to play the game. I did try starting up the game with the wireless receiver unplugged, though, and it didn't fix the issue.

ArcangeloLV
10-30-2017, 12:53 AM
someone posted a temp fix for headset users, disable all sound devices except your headset, unplug it and plug it back in. Should be good.

blackroseMD1
10-30-2017, 01:04 AM
I guess my issue did have something to do with Logitech after all, even though I'm not using my headset for AC:O. Reverted to an older version of Logitech Gaming Software (v. 8.92.67) and sound works fine again, aside from the "pop" when the game starts up and that occasional buzzing/FPS drop.

real_lethality
10-30-2017, 01:17 AM
Everyone... stop suggesting that the issue is with a piece of hardware like a headset or speakers. It is not.

There is something very specifically AC:O is doing to cause this problem and they have to fix it.

Volumina2323
10-30-2017, 08:39 AM
I just wanted to add, that I got no Logitech Hardware, but a normal Sennheiser Gamingheadset -> same problem. I have nearly no sound in cutscenes, only sometimes very quiet in the backround. I guess that must be some problem with sorroundsound for the game. Buy the way: During the game I get normal sound, only if I am interacting with water (swimming, jump in it, etc.). Then I got the same problem..

Deadpoetic6
10-30-2017, 02:27 PM
I found a fix for the G35 Headset.

Set the surround switch OFF on the headset

Unplug and replug the usb plug a couple of time, until the sound if fixed (do it fast) About 3-5 times usually does it for me

Set the surround switch back ON on the headset

Voila! Full sound!

Master_Kard
10-30-2017, 03:25 PM
It's not a question of the headset/speakers we are using.

I paid 90 Euros so I can play this game on my settings, not some workaround cheap way. UBISOFT do your job, and do it fast. End of story.

Deadpoetic6
10-30-2017, 03:36 PM
I know it sucks. It was the same for The Witcher 3 when it came out. But while we wait for them to fix that, the temp fix I posted use works for G35s

Symtex
10-30-2017, 04:36 PM
G633 has the same issue. I had to switch to analogue headsest instead of a UBS one.

TinGoose2009
10-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Until Ubisoft come out with a patch or a fix....if you got a Bluetooth speaker lying around use it, then you have no problem hearing the sound full cover w/out skipping etc.
Had to do that on mine in the meantime ;)

AnoukCH
10-31-2017, 10:15 AM
I have a G633 and like many other gamers problems with the sound! plz give us the patch we need! now!

real_lethality
10-31-2017, 12:09 PM
I'm unfortunately at the point since i can't play the game without sound to request a refund.

Ra1dM4X
11-01-2017, 01:31 PM
this problem lies entirely on ubisofts side with them using monkeys to do the coding for audio instead of people knowing their craft...trying to blame this on certain hardware is just a weak excuse from you ubisoft...get your $hit together

Herdist
11-03-2017, 05:20 PM
I'm using a laptop to play the game (Asus GL752VW) and when i launch the game there is a weird beep sound and game has no sound after that. After I start the game my laptop completely has no sound in any application or interface. My audio driver is called Conexant SmartAudio HD. Can someone help please? I love the game.

hb98rml
11-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Sometimes when I start my game I can tell that the sound is missing. If the sound is missing there's no sound at all on my PC. I have to reboot the computer to get sound back on. It doesn't happen all the time but so far it has happened about 5 times in the 9 days the game has been out.

Jack777j
11-05-2017, 01:59 PM
I have the Logitech G35, and since the previous version of the game i canīt even play it at all because of the sound or the lack of it. The dialogs, footsteps and more are completely gone and the rest of the sounds are broken now, sounding nothing like before.

I was really enjoying it but now after the update is unplayable. Is there way to play on the previous version at least?

Whiskey-Foxtrot
11-13-2017, 08:01 PM
So this is pretty much an ignored topic now it seems. $100 down the drain.

EuRaven
11-14-2017, 12:19 AM
I am having the same problem. no have sound after install video driver Nvidia. using Asus ROG Laptop