PDA

View Full Version : Give us SLI support

sblantipodi
10-26-2017, 10:10 PM
As title.
This game is too heavy even for a GTX1080 Ti on 4K.

Give us SLI support.

sblantipodi
10-27-2017, 06:42 PM
where is the SLI profile? this game does not even support DSR.

big fail!

sblantipodi
10-28-2017, 06:25 PM
I want some comment on this from Ubisoft

Funkengreuven
10-29-2017, 04:11 AM
Yes, please advise when this will be released! It's obvious we need it and it's causing driver crashes in certain configs without it! An SLI profile should be considered a "minimum requirement" for a game that boasts 4K and multi-monitor support.

sblantipodi
10-29-2017, 10:19 PM
Yes, please advise when this will be released! It's obvious we need it and it's causing driver crashes in certain configs without it! An SLI profile should be considered a "minimum requirement" for a game that boasts 4K and multi-monitor support.

this game does not even support DSR.
pretty disappointed. this is the last time I buy an Ubisoft game before they finished it.

Hothead432012
10-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Agreed! And please add some Crossfire support for us AMD folks as well. :)

sblantipodi
10-30-2017, 08:45 PM
a new driver has been released, no SLI and no DSR.

Akhilchauhan123
10-30-2017, 08:54 PM
All they said that it MIGHT come in a later update. Knowing ubisoft we probably wont be getting an SLI profile.

Razrback16
10-30-2017, 09:04 PM
All they said that it MIGHT come in a later update. Knowing ubisoft we probably wont be getting an SLI profile.

"It MIGHT come in a future update"
Just like...I "MIGHT" buy it down the road....
Ball's in your court Ubisoft. :)

On and by the way, remove the VMProtect crap in the current game that's eating 30-40% of people's CPU and directly impacting their performance.

R1-Fast
11-05-2017, 07:27 PM

Source?

sblantipodi
11-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Source?

a post on steam from a Ubisoft developer.
they act like a thirld world company

rtimmermann
11-07-2017, 10:15 AM
I wrote a support ticket to Ubisoft support asking about SLI profile. I got the same answer. That Nvidia had said nothing about a SLI profile, but it might come, down the road.
I know that Nvidia have to make the profile, but don't they need some cooperation from Ubisoft to accomplish a good SLI profile? idk.. :)

Jumpy-BL
11-07-2017, 12:57 PM
a new driver has been released, no SLI and no DSR.

Game has built-in downsampling. It's in video options. As for SLI, sell second card while it's worth something. Former 1080 SLI user here.

sblantipodi
11-07-2017, 08:49 PM
I wrote a support ticket to Ubisoft support asking about SLI profile. I got the same answer. That Nvidia had said nothing about a SLI profile, but it might come, down the road.
I know that Nvidia have to make the profile, but don't they need some cooperation from Ubisoft to accomplish a good SLI profile? idk.. :)

do they said it might come?

rtimmermann
11-07-2017, 10:35 PM
They kinda just threw the ball to Nvidia. The supporter just said that they have heard nothing of an SLI profile back then (5 days ago when i wrote the ticket) but "it might come some time later".. :)
- I say that is is a must! We need SLI support for this game! :)

sblantipodi
11-11-2017, 05:26 PM
where is the SLI support?

DeathStr0ke_DC
11-11-2017, 07:29 PM
SLI user here.
I'd give up for awhile, if it doesn't come then you can't really blame them.
SLI has been dying for years, when it's supported and works, it's amazing. 90% of the time it just sucks.
My 980TI isn't enough for 1440p, playable but I get way performance at 1080p. If you're not fussed about the resolution, drop down a bit or change the resolution scale. It sucks, but that's SLI/Crossfire in a nutshell.

Fi3RCE1
11-11-2017, 07:42 PM
FAIL on my part. I have NEVER bought a ubisoft title at game launch, since all games after a couple months see at least a 20% discount on steam.

I was so impressed by origins that I plunged. I guess I could dig out my old 1080p monitor, that's laying around somewhere, but come on ubisoft I shouldn't have to downgrade my monitor to get the graphics to look right!!

NEVER again will I buy a ubisoft game at launch, way to disrespect your customers that are most likely to pay a game day launch price, and disrespect those that won't hack your game and just get it free.

DeathStr0ke_DC
11-11-2017, 07:53 PM
But you need to look at the wider issue, it's not entirely Ubisoft's fault. We should all be looking towards NVIDIA and AMD for why SLI support is awful. Look at this post from a few months ago https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/6n6xgq/the_state_of_sli_on_the_games_of_2017/. If there are more SLI users here, do yourself a favour when you next upgrade, ditch SLI/Crossfire and stick to single card and tweaking graphics options.

Gator398
11-11-2017, 08:03 PM
I would like to know how many of those computers not benefiting from SLI, are a PCIe X16/X16 motherboard. Because yes, if you have a mobo with PCIe X16/X8, then you will only be using half of your second GPU potential, which translates to only a "40% gain" and maybe a 60% gain for 3way SLI with X16/X8/X8. I remember when I built my PC in early 2015, many people would not know what I was talking about when I would ask about X16/X16 on PCIe slots. I would not be surprised if this article is testing machines that are not even optimized for SLI gaming, thus trying to spread the toxic news that SLI is useless. I know what I see with my PC performance. Games with SLI look amazing. AC origins has blocky, 2010 era graphical glitches, the cats have square, untextured heads, that kind of small detail junk. This does not apply to 1080p gamers, 1080p on any video card probably does look amazing and won't see a difference with SLI, but for 4k it is a big difference.

DeathStr0ke_DC
11-11-2017, 08:07 PM
When SLI is supported its brilliant, nobody doubts that I agree with you on the technical side, but lack of support from NVIDIA, with SLI only being in selected games just sucks, and is a waste of money.

Jumpy-BL
11-11-2017, 08:34 PM
*snip*

Gator, I specifically bought a 6850k to have 40PCIe lanes for two 1080s. It doesn't matter. 2017 should be a wake up call that SLI is pretty much done. Sell your second card, don't buy two again. I don't miss my second 1080. Next gen cards will be designed for 4k at 60FPS on a single GPU, we're just not there yet.

sblantipodi
11-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Gator, I specifically bought a 6850k to have 40PCIe lanes for two 1080s. It doesn't matter. 2017 should be a wake up call that SLI is pretty much done. Sell your second card, don't buy two again. I don't miss my second 1080. Next gen cards will be designed for 4k at 60FPS on a single GPU, we're just not there yet.

gpu power are never enough, two will always be better than one

Jumpy-BL
11-11-2017, 10:24 PM
gpu power are never enough, two will always be better than one

Unless one of them is not used. In which case you're just wasting power and running top card hotter and at lower clocks due to heat. Engines are growing more and more complicated. SLI is done. DX12 mGPU could possibly be a more common thing in a year or two but I doubt it. There's just not enough of us to matter.

UbiSailorScout
11-12-2017, 01:14 AM
Hi there! As posted in this forum post (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1759689-PC-System-Specifications-FAQ), there is currently no SLI support for ACO. However, it may be coming in a future patch. We do not have an ETA for that. Please keep an eye on the website and forums for updates. Thanks!

UbiSailorScout
11-12-2017, 01:14 AM
Hi there! As posted in this forum post (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1759689-PC-System-Specifications-FAQ), there is currently no SLI support for ACO. However, it may be coming in a future patch. We do not have an ETA for that. Please keep an eye on the website and forums for updates. Thanks!

FuqUBic
11-12-2017, 02:38 AM

Thats great news, but it still doesn't tell us anything is it coming or is it not, some people are not playing due to the fact they can't play with less than 60fps,future update means nothing, Tomorrow, Next week, next month, next year, Never?? it can't just be speculation or if the devs feel like supporting sli.

LVNeptune
11-12-2017, 03:37 AM
Blame NVIDIA. They don't want to support SLi anymore. Haven't for years now.

sblantipodi
11-12-2017, 01:06 PM

Assassin's Creed saga always supported SLI with good from excellent scaling.
Can't understand why they have no SLI support at the moment. They are using even the same Syndicate engine.

Jumpy-BL
11-12-2017, 02:51 PM
Assassin's Creed saga always supported SLI with good from excellent scaling.
Can't understand why they have no SLI support at the moment. They are using even the same Syndicate engine.

There has been terrible scaling (negative in some cases) and various visual bugs with every AnvilNext 2.0 title (Unity, Syndicate, Siege, Origins, Wildlands, For Honor). I assume parts of engine have changed (lighting system, perhaps) over titles making SLI either too difficult to get working properly or simply incompatible.

sblantipodi
11-12-2017, 04:49 PM
There has been terrible scaling (negative in some cases) and various visual bugs with every AnvilNext 2.0 title (Unity, Syndicate, Siege, Origins, Wildlands, For Honor). I assume parts of engine have changed (lighting system, perhaps) over titles making SLI either too difficult to get working properly or simply incompatible.

nonsenses

Jumpy-BL
11-12-2017, 05:17 PM
nonsenses

Believe what you want. SLI support isn't dwindling simply because developers want to spite you for buying two cards.

FWIW, I do understand your frustration. I had been a SLI user since switching to green team when 6xx series came out all the way through 10xx series. 2017 has been a wake-up call. Got good money for my second 1080 and have been happier since selling it.

DeathStr0ke_DC
11-12-2017, 05:29 PM
nonsenses
You only have to look at the number of PC users that use 1440p and beyond, very minimal. All of the popular GPU's support 1080p and most at 1440p, with 1080p being the predominant resolution, its easy to see why SLI support is lacking at launch. The reality is we're the minority and NVIDIA + devs are obviously going to focus on performance at 1080p and not SLI.
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey?platform=pc
Primary Display Resolution (Windows) -
1080p 72.42%
1440p 3.32%
4K 0.52%

BARMYARMY8
11-13-2017, 01:39 AM

I have done various tests and NVIDIA is not at fault, I have tried various flags in NVIDIA Inspector - and even the simplest AFR crashes back to the desktop, SLI needs to be allowed through game engine, which is on UBI side

R1-Fast
11-13-2017, 03:40 AM
Basilcally every Ubisoft game in the last 5 years has hat $hit to no SLI support at launch, but within 2-3 months they implement it and usually to a very high degree of scaling. Take GRW for example. Stutter city even with SLI updates in a few patches, but eventually it scaled 95% and now is totally smooth.

It will come eventually, I'm sure. IMO this is by far the crowning achievement of the AC franchise and it would be a shame to never get to see it in true 4k ultra. Or at least not until Volta arrives.

R1-Fast
11-17-2017, 04:24 AM
PS - according to the 1.05 patch notes (yeah, 1.04 isn't even out for PC yet..lol):

[PC] Fixed several Ultra HD monitor, multi-monitor mode, and multi GPU mode issues

This is a very obscure reference but I wonder if this means multi-gpu support is coming....

sblantipodi
11-17-2017, 09:21 AM
You only have to look at the number of PC users that use 1440p and beyond, very minimal. All of the popular GPU's support 1080p and most at 1440p, with 1080p being the predominant resolution, its easy to see why SLI support is lacking at launch. The reality is we're the minority and NVIDIA + devs are obviously going to focus on performance at 1080p and not SLI.
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey?platform=pc
Primary Display Resolution (Windows) -
1080p 72.42%
1440p 3.32%
4K 0.52%

there are more chevvy than Ferrari.
this does not means that Ferrari is a non sense.

Placebo_PRS
11-17-2017, 10:34 AM
Far Cry Primal had superb SLI support, before I ditched my Nvidia cards it was one of the few games that got great performance out of combining my two GTX770's. The Division on the other hand had terrible SLI support, think that was the last Ubisoft game I tried SLI with, I definitely learned the lesson not to bother with SLI/Crossfire because AMD/NVIDIA seemingly have washed their hands with that technology and we'd never get our money's worth from buying two cards, seems they just want us to keep buying their newer cards.

timespaceon
11-17-2017, 12:52 PM
Well said!

Jumpy-BL
11-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Ya'll really need to hold Nvidia's feed to the fire on this SLI business. They're more than happy to enjoy record revenue and sell you 2 GPUs and $40 SLI bridges. Yet they clearly aren't providing enough/any incentives to devs and publishers to provide support for their tech. It's ******** and why I sold my second 1080.

Razrback16
11-18-2017, 01:27 AM
Ya'll really need to hold Nvidia's feed to the fire on this SLI business. They're more than happy to enjoy record revenue and sell you 2 GPUs and $40 SLI bridges. Yet they clearly aren't providing enough/any incentives to devs and publishers to provide support for their tech. It's ******** and why I sold my second 1080.

I'm on NVidia's forums quite a bit, and I honestly think they give a pretty good effort to release SLI profiles as quickly as possible but in cases like this where the developer is clearly not supporting SLI in the game engine at the moment, there really isn't anything they can do. The game itself has to be workable with SLI before NVidia can code it into the drivers. IMO this one's on Ubisoft. And that's why I haven't bought the game yet. :) Won't buy it until SLI & HDR are both actively implemented and working.

Jumpy-BL
11-18-2017, 01:55 AM
I'm on NVidia's forums quite a bit, and I honestly think they give a pretty good effort to release SLI profiles as quickly as possible but in cases like this where the developer is clearly not supporting SLI in the game engine at the moment, there really isn't anything they can do. The game itself has to be workable with SLI before NVidia can code it into the drivers. IMO this one's on Ubisoft. And that's why I haven't bought the game yet. :) Won't buy it until SLI & HDR are both actively implemented and working.

Nvidia works directly with developers to optimize for their hardware. Any time you see an Nvidia intro video they've paid for certain features (game works, etc) to be in the game for marketing purposes. Even when you don't see the logo they work together. Nvidia isn't a bystander in the whole process.

You're expecting developers to spend precious time (money) trying to get things working properly for a niche of what is already a niche segment of the market. Nvidia knows SLI is nearly done, given the complexity of modern game engines, which is why they don't advertise it, nor are they pushing very hard to get it supported in many AAA titles.

When's the last time you actually saw Nvidia comment in the SLI forum? lol

BARMYARMY8
11-18-2017, 01:56 AM
PS - according to the 1.05 patch notes (yeah, 1.04 isn't even out for PC yet..lol):

[PC] Fixed several Ultra HD monitor, multi-monitor mode, and multi GPU mode issues

This is a very obscure reference but I wonder if this means multi-gpu support is coming....

Source?

dangel666
11-18-2017, 11:37 AM
https://overclock3d.net/news/software/assassin_s_creed_origins_patch_1_05_is_set_to_impr ove_performance_and_stability_once_again/1

YazX_
11-18-2017, 01:27 PM
anyone tried to use AC:syndicate SLI bits for ACO using Nvidia Inspector?

might also worth trying Ghost recon wildlands SLI bits and follow this article:

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000026296/How-to-set-up-SLI-for-Ghost-Recon-Wildlands

its not guaranteed to work since its not officially supported but might worth a try.

DeathStr0ke_DC
11-18-2017, 02:26 PM
anyone tried to use AC:syndicate SLI bits for ACO using Nvidia Inspector?

might also worth trying Ghost recon wildlands SLI bits and follow this article:

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000026296/How-to-set-up-SLI-for-Ghost-Recon-Wildlands

its not guaranteed to work since its not officially supported but might worth a try.

Yes, this has been tried and tested, but results in flickering and doesn't load into either the benchmark or main game.

SandmanFTW
11-18-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm going to pause my gameplay until they fix the cpu & SLI support. It would be so much more enjoyable if SLI is supported.

RMBR
11-19-2017, 04:55 PM
I have not bought this game yet.
I'm waiting for sli support.
I finished all previous and unfortunately I am unable to play this AC Origins.
Sad.

Placebo_PRS
11-19-2017, 07:55 PM
I have not bought this game yet.
I'm waiting for sli support.
I finished all previous and unfortunately I am unable to play this AC Origins.
Sad.

Heartbreaking but beautifully written haiku!

R1-Fast
11-21-2017, 01:25 AM
Here's another:

Ubisoft sucks balls
Like giant grey donkey balls
Give us SLI

robbredman
11-21-2017, 04:19 PM
Why is this the only game in 5 years of using SLI (gtx480 to gtx1080) that I had to disable my SLI, to get it to work.
Even older games that have no SLI support, played with SLI enabled.
now I have to enable my SLI to play Rise of the Tomb raider, Dishonored 2, Witcher 3... or any other game out there.

GIVE US SLI

R1-Fast
11-22-2017, 05:25 PM

I think they just included this in the patch notes to confuse and piss people off. There is no Nvidia profile update, custom flags don't work, and thus this game still has absolutely zero support for anything but a single card.

WTF Ubisoft?

iGreek_GR
11-22-2017, 07:32 PM
Lol...we don't really know which one to blame more, Ubi or Nvidia, right? Guess what, there's not any PURE game ready driver for this game yet regardless the one that NVIDIA WAS ADVERTISING as "game ready" for this one...388.00 saying:
Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Destiny 2 and Assassin’s Creed Origins

so IMO Nvidia is the only one to blame now due to the lack of SLI profile and after we will have a profile THEN we will know if game's developers have or not written code for SLI and Crossfire support.

Anyway we are the victims for one more time, idiots who bought more than one gpu.

AL_CaPWN007
11-22-2017, 08:36 PM
Tried it using same profile as Syndicate and was able to get over 90% Utilization out of each GPU and went from 55-60 to 85-90 FPS in the swamp by alexandria. Was getting bad flickering though.

I think there's still hope but the ball is in Nvidia's court now for an official profile.

Razrback16
11-22-2017, 09:54 PM
The problem is on Ubisoft's side, not NVidia's. The game does not support SLI at this point in time. As soon as they release a patch enabling SLI / CrossfireX support, it will then be on NVidia / AMD to release corresponding driver updates.

BARMYARMY8
11-23-2017, 12:58 AM
Hey fellas, I do believe Ubi have enabled MultiGPU Support in game engine now, it is a matter of Nvidia adding a sli profile in next driver, why do I say this?

Well now when I add SLI flags using NVIDIA inspector I get very good scaling but horrendous screen flicker, before patch any change to force SLI resulted a crash back to desktop.

Finger crossed, I will however be working hard to find a compatible profile on my own, and will update here if I have any luck!! :)

Razrback16
11-23-2017, 01:53 AM
Hey fellas, I do believe Ubi have enabled MultiGPU Support in game engine now, it is a matter of Nvidia adding a sli profile in next driver, why do I say this?

Well now when I add SLI flags using NVIDIA inspector I get very good scaling but horrendous screen flicker, before patch any change to force SLI resulted a crash back to desktop.

Finger crossed, I will however be working hard to find a compatible profile on my own, and will update here if I have any luck!! :)

Would be great if you're correct - you'd think they'd let people know though and coordinate with NVidia & AMD to release functional multi-GPU support concurrently.

R1-Fast
11-24-2017, 09:29 PM

Are you adding flags to the ACO profile or adding the ACO.exe to another game profile?

Either way, which SLI flag(s) are you using to get these results? Would be great if you could share a screenshot.

BARMYARMY8
11-26-2017, 07:23 AM
Are you adding flags to the ACO profile or adding the ACO.exe to another game profile?

Either way, which SLI flag(s) are you using to get these results? Would be great if you could share a screenshot.

Only tried adding assassins creed flags, Assassins Creed Syndicate is is the only one that works with no slowdowns and good GPU scaling, two much screen flicker though

sblantipodi
11-26-2017, 09:38 PM
ubisoft where is the Multi GPU support?

RMBR
11-27-2017, 10:59 PM
Give us sli

sblantipodi
01-04-2018, 03:28 PM
the other thread has been closed. I hope that one thread will remain open untile the SLI support will be added.
before closing this thread, give us a thread where to talk about the lack of SLI support.

KmarkoPL
01-04-2018, 08:22 PM
There is nothing to talk about, No SLI, no complaining or begging, and especially not flooding forum with the same threads.

SLI will be released when ready, no sooner no later,

Till then shush !

sblantipodi
01-07-2018, 09:16 PM
There is nothing to talk about, No SLI no complaining or begging, and especially not flooding forum with the same threads.

SLI will be released when ready, no sooner no later,

Till then shush !

there is no official confirm that SLI support will be added.

KmarkoPL
01-07-2018, 09:25 PM
there is no official confirm that SLI support will be added.

Exactly .

shafee.saadman
01-08-2018, 07:43 AM
Please give us SLI support.

sblantipodi
01-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Exactly .

this means that we need a thread on this subject.
no official statement means that a thread is needed.

Staliger
01-12-2018, 07:59 PM
Give us SLI support please! I have 2 980, but I can't fully enjoy the game because only one of them is working!

Lilconner
01-13-2018, 12:48 PM
Having SLI would be nice. Thanks

Almoray187
01-15-2018, 07:30 AM
Waiting on some kind of information on this. We need SLI. Or the very least a yes or no. Christ why are game companies so damn terrible about communicating things to there customers?

chaank2014
01-16-2018, 04:56 PM
Please let the Developers focus their talent and resources in area's that are realistic and needed, not this nonsense, the truth is nobody owes you anything, you shouldered the cost, took the gamble, except the inevitable....time and common sense thankfully prevails. Be gracious and grateful and move on.

BadbadDad99
01-17-2018, 12:57 AM
Well, with this last patch coming out and still no SLI support I'm giving up on Ubi and uninstalling ACO as well as Uplay as I've nothing left to of theirs to play. I was looking forward to ACO over the winter. Guess I'll check back in a few months maybe after Far Cry 5 comes out.

SLI, was never a gamble before this last season. Every single game I have works regardless of whether it utilizes the second GPU. I never had a reason to think a modern AAA title would have an issue of being completely unplayable without one having to completely disable a video card (a complete pain with surround display btw). Is it not enough we're being ignored by Ubisoft but now we have to put up with being insulted by our peers for us having bought into what was a fine setup before? Shame on Ubisoft, Nvidia, and Negative Non Supportive Users.

chobi1
01-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Please let the Developers focus their talent and resources in area's that are realistic and needed, not this nonsense, the truth is nobody owes you anything, you shouldered the cost, took the gamble, except the inevitable....time and common sense thankfully prevails. Be gracious and grateful and move on.

Vulgar display of peasantry and resentment :rolleyes:

sblantipodi
01-18-2018, 11:26 PM
Patch 1.20 is out. And still no SLI.
Shame on Ubisoft and shame on Nvidia!

sblantipodi
01-29-2018, 08:59 PM
new driver released and what about SLI? try to bet!

KiIlBilI
02-05-2018, 07:21 PM
I was planning to buy the game. Then I read that SLI is not supported. Okay, I thought I'd wait a little longer!

4 months later Patch 1.21 is out and SLI still doesn't exist! Shame on you Ubisoft, shame on you Nvidia!

You won't get my money anymore!

KiIlBilI
02-05-2018, 08:15 PM
...I heard Denuvo is cracked? well...

sblantipodi
02-05-2018, 09:47 PM
...I heard Denuvo is cracked? well...

I hope that they will lose all the money they don't deserve.
They overwork developers, they sell unfinished products. They don't deserve our money.

sblantipodi
02-20-2018, 09:04 PM
new incredible patch released. 1.3...
still no SLI and no HDR.

on my PC Origins is a a big step backwards over previous assassins.

Dwarf_Noble
02-21-2018, 02:42 PM
Glad I haven't purchased the game. I will stand by my position, I will not buy or support this game if they don't add SLI. Please your customers if you want their business.

Previous AC games had great SLI performance, Origins should've improved on that, not regress.

Staliger
02-22-2018, 08:26 PM
Right, new patch, new drivers and still no SLI support. Now I will think twice and buy new ACs only after they will get this technology.

Razrback16
03-05-2018, 08:43 PM
Glad I haven't purchased the game. I will stand by my position, I will not buy or support this game if they don't add SLI. Please your customers if you want their business.

Previous AC games had great SLI performance, Origins should've improved on that, not regress.

Right there with ya. Not purchasing a personal license for this game without SLI support. As you mentioned every previous game supported SLI and supported it well. It's really sad they're going the direction they're going, but hey. We can't control what the developer decides to do, only whether or not we give them our money. :)

Right, new patch, new drivers and still no SLI support. Now I will think twice and buy new ACs only after they will get this technology.

Ya, you gotta learn at some point, no worries, we all go through it. I learned my lesson back in 2015 with Arkham Knight. Pre-ordered it with season pass and everything for like $100. SLI never came. So now I wait until SLI support is fully implemented and confirmed working by other forum members before I pull the trigger on purchasing new games.

sblantipodi
03-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Right there with ya. Not purchasing a personal license for this game without SLI support. As you mentioned every previous game supported SLI and supported it well. It's really sad they're going the direction they're going, but hey. We can't control what the developer decides to do, only whether or not we give them our money. :)

Ya, you gotta learn at some point, no worries, we all go through it. I learned my lesson back in 2015 with Arkham Knight. Pre-ordered it with season pass and everything for like $100. SLI never came. So now I wait until SLI support is fully implemented and confirmed working by other forum members before I pull the trigger on purchasing new games.

Please read here how cowardly they announced that SLI will not be supported.
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1843189-SLI-Crossfire-is-officially-not-supported-Last-thread-on-this-topic?goto=newpost

Staliger
03-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Please read here how cowardly they announced that SLI will not be supported.
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1843189-SLI-Crossfire-is-officially-not-supported-Last-thread-on-this-topic?goto=newpost

It is a real shame! After release they told us that they might include SLI in future updates (as they did for previous ACs), but now this...

KmarkoPL
03-10-2018, 07:09 PM
It is a real shame! After release they told us that they might include SLI in future updates (as they did for previous ACs), but now this...

All I have seen empty promises of moderators

I never seen any official response from Ubisoft about implementing SLI

Dwarf_Noble
04-02-2018, 11:00 AM
Any news on this? Still waiting for SLI before I purchase. This game desperately needs a good multi-gpu support. It'll be perfect!

Ubi, look at how great FC5's multi-gpu support was like from day 1! Please add SLI soon.

sblantipodi
04-02-2018, 11:49 AM
Any news on this? Still waiting for SLI before I purchase. This game desperately needs a good multi-gpu support. It'll be perfect!

Ubi, look at how great FC5's multi-gpu support was like from day 1! Please add SLI soon.

They officially stated that sli will not be added.
Simply don't buy this game. If you really care about it, buy it when it will cost 5$ and your GPU will be able to run it decently at the resolution you target.

Personally I played syndicate at 4k 60fps and I have no mean to play a newer game at lowere settings or frame rate.

Ubisoft is simply a software house that frauded his customer.
I bought the game launch day because I had some trust on them. Never again ;)

MnemonicSyntax
04-02-2018, 04:55 PM
Frauded what customers? They never once guaranteed SLI. They said it will.be looked into, and then it was found that it's not feasible for the team to implement.

Just because you didn't get your way doesn't mean it's fraud.

Fraud would be if you bought the game with the promise that SLI would be added later. There was no promises made.

Sure, it sucks. I have dual 1070s and would love SLI. But to call this fraud is objectively wrong.

sblantipodi
04-02-2018, 06:49 PM
Frauded what customers? They never once guaranteed SLI. They said it will.be looked into, and then it was found that it's not feasible for the team to implement.

Just because you didn't get your way doesn't mean it's fraud.

Fraud would be if you bought the game with the promise that SLI would be added later. There was no promises made.

Sure, it sucks. I have dual 1070s and would love SLI. But to call this fraud is objectively wrong.

They said that SLI would be added later.
IN the entire saga this is the first episode without SLI so no one tought that SLI would not be implemented.

This is not a fraud but a sort of.

MnemonicSyntax
04-02-2018, 08:51 PM
They said that SLI would be added later.
IN the entire saga this is the first episode without SLI so no one tought that SLI would not be implemented.

This is not a fraud but a sort of.

They never said it would be added later. They said they would look into adding it later.

One is a guarantee. The other is a statement used that doesn't guarantee anything except that the team will look into adding it. They did, it wasn't feasible.

Not anywhere near a fraudulent statement.

atomyb
04-05-2018, 02:49 PM
+1 For SLI ... come on UBI :)

MnemonicSyntax
04-05-2018, 04:07 PM
+1 For SLI ... come on UBI :)

It's already been confirmed it's not happening.

Dwarf_Noble
04-06-2018, 12:02 PM
It's already been confirmed it's not happening.

You probably mean well, but this reply doesn't help anyone. Thanks for the info but pls let us fans request what we want to see added to the game before we commit to purchase.

I add my voice to the many before me. Ubi pls add SLI to Origins soon. We're waiting.

MnemonicSyntax
04-06-2018, 12:38 PM
You probably mean well, but this reply doesn't help anyone. Thanks for the info but pls let us fans request what we want to see added to the game before we commit to purchase.

I add my voice to the many before me. Ubi pls add SLI to Origins soon. We're waiting.

It helps you in that continuing to ask is just wasting your time when it's already been confirmed by Ubisoft it's not happening.

It helps those that just post instead of actually reading the information provided, because not everyone does.

Origins is at End of Life. Time to move on.

Dwarf_Noble
04-06-2018, 12:52 PM
It helps you in that continuing to ask is just wasting your time when it's already been confirmed by Ubisoft it's not happening.

It helps those that just post instead of actually reading the information provided, because not everyone does.

Origins is at End of Life. Time to move on.

Thanks for your concern with how we manage our time. You said your piece, now pls let us request what we want from the game.

Ubi, a lot of us request SLI. pls add it soon.

Staliger
04-07-2018, 07:11 AM
Thanks for your concern with how we manage our time. You said your piece, now pls let us request what we want from the game.

Ubi, a lot of us request SLI. pls add it soon.

Right, but instead of adding such an important feature, developers prefer to implement stuff like New Game+ and Animus Control Panel...

Harbi-117
04-08-2018, 03:51 PM
Greetings,

I'm on the same boat.
Unfortunately, I held off my purchase. Hopefully they would add multi-gpu support soon, game looks great.

MnemonicSyntax
04-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Right, but instead of adding such an important feature, developers prefer to implement stuff like New Game+ and Animus Control Panel...

Your analogy is flawed, considering more people benefit from your two examples over SLI.

Greetings,

I'm on the same boat.
Unfortunately, I held off my purchase. Hopefully they would add multi-gpu support soon, game looks great.

In case you missed it, it's been confirmed it's not going to be implemented.

sblantipodi
04-27-2018, 06:31 PM
today I started uplay and I have seen this expensive 60 euros game in my collection.
I have started it only for benchmarks.

With a six core HEDT CPU 5930K and a GTX980 TI SLI, I can't play it decently at 4k because it doesn't support SLI so I will not play this game.

I hope that my 60€ will be used to pay the exit salary to the manager who decided not to implement multi gpu in this game.

CJ_Ragtag
04-30-2018, 02:23 PM
You're not using half power on an 8x slot over a 16x slot. That's just misinformation.

Tests on a single card 16x vs 8x
https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2488-pci-e-3-x8-vs-x16-performance-impact-on-gpus

SLI tests
https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3176-dual-titan-v-bandwidth-limit-test-x8-vs-x16

sblantipodi
04-30-2018, 02:32 PM
we are not talking about PCI express lanes but of the fact that origins doesn't support SLI at all.

Razrback16
06-25-2018, 12:15 AM
today I started uplay and I have seen this expensive 60 euros game in my collection.
I have started it only for benchmarks.

With a six core HEDT CPU 5930K and a GTX980 TI SLI, I can't play it decently at 4k because it doesn't support SLI so I will not play this game.

I hope that my 60 will be used to pay the exit salary to the manager who decided not to implement multi gpu in this game.

Honestly my friend you might as well play it since you payed for it. Ubisoft doesn't care if you play it or not but since you payed for it you might as well at least play it. Just learn from this experience - when Odyssey comes out, if it doesn't support SLI, that's where you have a choice to make and I'd recommend voting with your wallet in that instance.

I never pulled the trigger on Origins due to lack of SLI support and I'll do the same with Odyssey if need be. Voting with your wallet is the only vote you get that actually counts for anything or has the ability to influence decisions down the road from the developer.

TonyC44
06-28-2018, 02:33 PM
I finally gave in and started playing with the realization that SLI support is not coming. I decided to turn the FPS counter off and start to explore a bit. I am now 20 hours in and the game runs surprisingly well on a single GTX1080 and 7700k. Sure, the cities are a bit rough.. but most of the time I am too busy with missions to care. This game is really well done and I suggest you give it a shot!

tankhunter819
07-04-2018, 12:37 PM
I tried to play it with 2 108tis and the just the god challenges are playable.