PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft tell us what faction will win season 4 or

NinjaRonin85
10-25-2017, 06:56 PM
I think we the players should all just join the samurai faction like who cares what faction you fight for if it's rigged we should all just fight for 1 of them and see if we can beat ubisoft at there own game.

UbiJurassic
10-25-2017, 08:09 PM
Sounds like something a Samurai who wants to win Season 4 might say. Can't lose if there aren't any other factions. ;)

CandleInTheDark
10-25-2017, 08:11 PM
Pfft, I stayed a knight through not winning a round, stayed a knight through being pipped at the post, not moving on now.

Nice try guy with an obviously samurai inspired name :p

Fairemont
10-25-2017, 08:24 PM
Knights! Knights! Knights! Knights! Knights!

Knights will claim victory! Deus Vult!

Ulrichvonbek111
10-25-2017, 08:25 PM
Pfft, I stayed a knight through not winning a round, stayed a knight through being pipped at the post, not moving on now.

Nice try guy with an obviously samurai inspired name :p

Congratulations on your well awaited victory.

Vakris_One
10-25-2017, 08:45 PM
If we're going by the conspiracy theory then it'll be the Knights again cos Samurai and Vikings are both getting a new hero.

If we're going with the Faction War is a broken mess theory then it's going to be whoever waits to get cornered back into their end and then sneaks in a large push in the final 2 hours of the last round ftw.

Perhaps Bio will decide to change the Season ornament rewards without telling anyone again to spice things up.

thornh
10-25-2017, 08:46 PM
Congrats Knights.

Regarding Faction War rewards Ubi only has to do one, simple thing to make most people happy. The week before a season starts all Ubi has to do is tell us exactly what the rewards are going to be for first, second and third. Transparency and consistency. That's all we need.

UbiJurassic
10-25-2017, 09:53 PM
Congrats Knights.

Regarding Faction War rewards Ubi only has to do one, simple thing to make most people happy. The week before a season starts all Ubi has to do is tell us exactly what the rewards are going to be for first, second and third. Transparency and consistency. That's all we need.

The rewards are standard for every season. The winner of the Faction War receives ornaments for each hero available during that season, along with a gold emblem border and 5 crates. The second place winner receives a silver emblem border and 4 crates. The third place winner receives a bronze emblem border and 3 crates.

Diegis.
10-25-2017, 09:54 PM
im currently at the vikings faction, but im considering for the upcoming season to go with the knights... because obviously the knights seem to use the war banner more precise than the players who roll vikings or samurai.. and im gonna win season 4 with them.. but still... that deus vult thing sucks monkey balls, but hey, in this game they win seasons so why not go with them just for the special frame at the end of the season.

TBH_Saeko_Irri
10-25-2017, 10:14 PM
Holly **** a ubi guy here that is something I was starting to believe that I have more chances to see a unicorn than a guy from ubi this days. For the war faction who cares is a joke there is no reason to bother its better to all the 2-3k players are still in this game go in one faction and end this joke . the only way of ubi cares to do something for faction war to make it interesting is to make strict the choice of characters ( knights can fight in faction war only like knights, Vikings only as a Vikings and samurai as a samurai) atm is just a joke....

UbiJurassic
10-25-2017, 10:24 PM
Holly **** a ubi guy here that is something I was starting to believe that I have more chances to see a unicorn than a guy from ubi this days. For the war faction who cares is a joke there is no reason to bother its better to all the 2-3k players are still in this game go in one faction and end this joke . the only way of ubi cares to do something for faction war to make it interesting is to make strict the choice of characters ( knights can fight in faction war only like knights, Vikings only as a Vikings and samurai as a samurai) atm is just a joke....

I've been here for awhile. ;)

We've definitely seen the suggestion of having each faction only play as their set heroes and Damien, one of our game directors, does like the concept. It will never be implemented across all modes, but its something we could possibly turn into a playlist.

TBH_Saeko_Irri
10-25-2017, 11:05 PM
I've been here for awhile. ;)

We've definitely seen the suggestion of having each faction only play as their set heroes and Damien, one of our game directors, does like the concept. It will never be implemented across all modes, but its something we could possibly turn into a playlist.

There is the only way to save war faction otherwise what's the point to care for faction war you all ready know samurai have the most ppl Vikings have the less plenty of ppl don't play as much as used to be cuz of connectivity issue's

Moondyne_MC
10-25-2017, 11:18 PM
There is the only way to save war faction otherwise what's the point to care for faction war you all ready know samurai have the most ppl Vikings have the less plenty of ppl don't play as much as used to be cuz of connectivity issue's

Faction population has no bearing on war assets gain. The more players a faction has, the fewer war assets they gain, and vice versa.

Vakris_One
10-26-2017, 12:08 AM
The rewards are standard for every season. The winner of the Faction War receives ornaments for each hero available during that season, along with a gold emblem border and 5 crates. The second place winner receives a silver emblem border and 4 crates. The third place winner receives a bronze emblem border and 3 crates.
The ornament rewards are not really standard though. Season 1 gave the winner 12 unique ornaments, one for every character. Season 2 gave the winner 1 unique ornament and it was the same ornament for all the characters. And if what I hear is correct Season 3 has now given the winners 3 unique ornaments for each of the characters.

It's very inconsistent, unless I am mistaken about the S3 ornaments.

CandleInTheDark
10-26-2017, 01:23 AM

People in all factions can play all characters so why does any particular character in any particular faction skew numbers? The samurai have constantly had the highest population, didn't do much for them this season. On a practical note, while I play a bunch of characters in my faction and have three of them in top ranked gear, I have four I play outside of my faction and will likely rep one at least one of the new characters, so why should my time mean any less for those characters than it does for any other? Especially given that even if there is some slight skew that is weighted out in any case.

The ornament rewards are not really standard though. Season 1 gave the winner 12 unique ornaments, one for every character. Season 2 gave the winner 1 unique ornament and it was the same ornament for all the characters. And if what I hear is correct Season 3 has now given the winners 3 unique ornaments for each of the characters.

Yeah there is one ornament for each faction as there is when they have a new battle outfit. Honestly I wouldn't use any of them, I am very particular about ornaments but on a first glance each one fits the faction they are set for better. It is a better way of doing things and still has that I won season X feel, but my first thought when I saw them was oh my goodness, you have done it again and I am kind of disappointed that after the uproar last season they didn't communicate with us that this would be happening.

sand_nigg3r
10-26-2017, 01:47 AM
Don't want to start a new topic just for this but I'm a Viking player and received the rewards for second place despite my faction placing last.

Vakris_One
10-26-2017, 02:11 AM
Yeah there is one ornament for each faction as there is when they have a new battle outfit. Honestly I wouldn't use any of them, I am very particular about ornaments but on a first glance each one fits the faction they are set for better. It is a better way of doing things and still has that I won season X feel, but my first thought when I saw them was oh my goodness, you have done it again and I am kind of disappointed that after the uproar last season they didn't communicate with us that this would be happening.
Ah, so it is true then. Well to be perfectly honest that really sucks for us Samurai who seem to be nothing more that the guinea pigs that they tested their experiment on so it could come out nicer for the next winners. I mean that's great that it helped to improve the ornament reward for the S3 winners but it makes us look like a bunch of fools for winning S2 when instead we could have focused on S3 for a better reward. So now the winners got 2 extra ornaments thanks to the disgruntlement of the poor idiotic saps who were stupid enough to go to all the effort of clawing out a win in S2 for Bio's craptastic lack of communication and professional courtesy. Well dang, you'd think that shizzle could have been communicated properly beforehand... both times!

The devs have handled this really badly imo and although it wasn't their intention it none the less ends up feeling like a 100% maximum power F.U. to the S2 winners. The S1 winners had more unique ornament rewards and now the S3 winners also got more unique ornament rewards. Sams got the minimum effort phoned in reward just so Bio could see if her BS could pass under the radar. Brilliant stuff.

*slow clap*

This leaves such a bad taste in my mouth that I wish I could remove myself from contributing to the Faction War entirely as a statement of what I think of all of this. Just remove the FW map from my home screen and replace it with some artwork or something. Maybe put a video of Roman eating cereal through his clown mask there.

UbiJurassic
10-26-2017, 03:03 AM

The ornaments themselves changing from Season 1 to 2 was very unfortunate, and we were sorry to hear that many players were disappointed with the Season 2 rewards. This feedback however was greatly noted by the team, who will strive to ensure that future rewards meet player expectations.

Maybe put a video of Roman eating cereal through his clown mask there.

That was actually the original concept for the Halloween event, but initial testings showed that players were experiencing night terrors as a result.

CandleInTheDark
10-26-2017, 03:47 AM
The devs have handled this really badly imo and although it wasn't their intention it none the less ends up feeling like a 100% maximum power F.U. to the S2 winners. The S1 winners had more unique ornament rewards and now the S3 winners also got more unique ornament rewards. Sams got the minimum effort phoned in reward just so Bio could see if her BS could pass under the radar. Brilliant stuff.

I very much agree that it has been handled badly. One thing I will say, having looked at the customisation menu rather than the reward thumbnails is the centrepiece to the ornament is the same all around, the difference is how does this fit with the style of the helm whereas while I haven't seen season 2 rewards, the thumbnails on the den at season 2 end implied they were identical in all ways. Still bad in my view and they needed to make it clear they were doing this beforehand, though not as bad as I first thought.

Stahlrusse
10-26-2017, 08:21 AM
This is really a weird coincidence that every faction won a season.

+ Faction War depends on winning at the right time, which is of course a lottery then because you cannot consciously mobilize the whole player base of a faction at a specific time.

NinjaRonin85
10-26-2017, 08:56 AM
I picked the losing faction every season, I thought any faction could win at anytime so I pick the one I thought was going to win, how was I to know it's rigged.

Let's all just play as knights I really don't care what faction I play I just want to win :(

CandleInTheDark
10-26-2017, 09:40 AM
I picked the losing faction every season, I thought any faction could win at anytime so I pick the one I thought was going to win, how was I to know it's rigged.

Let's all just play as knights I really don't care what faction I play I just want to win :(

That's kind of on you, if you had stayed in one faction rather than chasing the win you'd have won a season by now.

Stahlrusse
10-26-2017, 10:10 AM

This is how lacking loyalty pays off. ;)

Tyrjo
10-26-2017, 11:17 AM
Since they printed T-shirts for every faction win. The knights victory was waited. :)

Smuggler007
10-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Wouldn't it be better to just do away with the Faction War after Season 4 and just establish leaderboard standings for tournament modes in place of the World Map? Being in a faction has really meant nothing thus far [considering how much the season rewards for the 2&3 winners are a joke] and could become something more practical if one was given certain bonuses for being locked-in to that faction for the season? Something so simple as to grant Knights more defense bonuses, Vikings more attack bonuses, while Samurais a balance of both? Not to be confused with gear stats of course. It is something the player would have by default for all their heroes. Turns and rounds are no more. Community Events and playlists are the norm instead, as are the Tournaments--which such Faction bonuses can make all the difference.

Would not matter who you play with or against anymore. Those Faction bonuses simply apply to you and your own heroes. Only difference are bots. They are locked into their bonuses by default. Meaning the Warden will always be in Knight Faction as a bot.

It's just an idea. Just like the other idea about the ratings we can give after each battle: Allow players to give a negative rating instead of leaving it blank, or giving only a +1 to +5 rating. Damien and others have openly stated how much they rely on their data gatherings to justify all sorts of changes they made with the game. I use to rate them. I'm sure most players have not bothered to at all. When left blank, how do the devs interpret that? Players don't care? If true, why allow players to rate after each battle? I rather see my winning hero in its place with the MvP label attached. Either do that, or let players rate something negative so it can add to your data collection repertoire.

Just an idea... or two... ;)

Vakris_One
10-26-2017, 04:01 PM
The ornaments themselves changing from Season 1 to 2 was very unfortunate, and we were sorry to hear that many players were disappointed with the Season 2 rewards. This feedback however was greatly noted by the team, who will strive to ensure that future rewards meet player expectations.
Well it seems the devs only listened to half of the feedback. Sure, they put more effort into the ornament rewards but they once again failed to communicate that the ornament rewards will now be 1 unique ornament per each faction for a total amount of 3 unique ornaments. It's the combination of playing switcheroo with the ornament rewards AND not communicating this to their community that is the problem.

They need to start showing us what ornaments we will be fighting for at the start of every Season. If they don't want to do that then the least they could do is to finally make a firm decision on how many unique ornaments they want to hand out and stick by that for every Season.

Please pass that feedback along to the relevant people. Thank you kindly.

That was actually the original concept for the Halloween event, but initial testings showed that players were experiencing night terrors as a result.
Bring it on. The management of the FW already gives me night terrors.

I very much agree that it has been handled badly. One thing I will say, having looked at the customisation menu rather than the reward thumbnails is the centrepiece to the ornament is the same all around, the difference is how does this fit with the style of the helm whereas while I haven't seen season 2 rewards, the thumbnails on the den at season 2 end implied they were identical in all ways. Still bad in my view and they needed to make it clear they were doing this beforehand, though not as bad as I first thought.
The S2 ornaments are indeed exactly the same ornament on every character.

AkenoKobayashi
10-29-2017, 03:35 AM
It's very un-Samurai to purpose something like this. It's not the win we seek, it's the glory of proving ourselves in combat. We Samurai know by now...that if we win...it was destined and not earned. All we can do is try to enjoy the fight, regardless of whether we win or lose.

ChampionRuby50g
10-29-2017, 06:02 AM
It's very un-Samurai to purpose something like this. It's not the win we seek, it's the glory of proving ourselves in combat. We Samurai know by now...that if we win...it was destined and not earned. All we can do is try to enjoy the fight, regardless of whether we win or lose.

If you're not fighting to win, you're fighting to lose. There's no glory in defeat, but there's plenty in victory. The Gods decided our paths long ago, and glory is earnt through honouring them with Victory. Valhalla awaits you Samurai next season then.

Maximum_Playa25
10-29-2017, 09:10 PM
For Honour has a lot more that 3k players. Also that idea wouldnt work becuase people would rage if they couldnt play multiple characters. Imagine if you were rep 32 with orochi and 23 with warden and now you cant play both because of faction restrictions.