PDA

View Full Version : Optional goods consumption

stylisticsagi
10-25-2017, 08:58 AM
I have mentioned this in onther idea as well but i think this one could deserve it's own thread.

The idea is to have people consume more goods wich they don't neccesarly need wich can add complexity but only if you choose it to be.
If we take the example from 2070 with eco's and tycoons we had junk food and health food. If you would play with tycoons and you give them junk food they are happy and ready to advance. However it would be cool to have a feature wich made it so that if you can also supply them with health food they would consume both at half rate and give happiness (tax bonus). This could seriously boost trading and adding late game complexity.

If there would be no factions in 1800 it is still a cool idea to have a simular function with more goods but your people would not need all goods to start advancing but they still give the tax bonus + lower consumption if you do manage to give them both goods.
In this it would be cool to play multiplayer and see some production chains your opponent havving wich you do not necceserly need but buying his goods would actually turn into a profit if you give it to your people and there is 0.0 problems when the goods stopped comming.

iruet
10-25-2017, 08:53 PM
I like the idea, I only have the feeling it will be too hard to implement...

Olinater
10-25-2017, 10:49 PM
Nice idea! I don't think it is hard to implement. However, I’m afraid that unless there are multiple factions (which I really hope there will be) it won’t be implemented since I don't think it is considered important enough.

stylisticsagi
10-26-2017, 06:43 AM
True factions are something wich would make this work the best.
However they could also do this with raw resources.
If we look at the bread chain you start with wheat wich goes to flour and then to bread.
People use flour to perhaps you can get a bonus if you deliver flour as well as a bonus.

The main goal of this idea is to create early to mid diversity and boost trading overal in the game.
Anno always had a lot with you seling resources and much more seldom buying them. And when you look in the world at any givven time towns and cities always both bought and sold goods.