PDA

View Full Version : The end is nigh and the knights have won

seaners95
10-25-2017, 02:50 AM
This is more of a contemplation kind of thing so i'll start by saying this.

season 3 is over. or at least it will be in less than 24 hours so lets discuss the changes to come.

feel free to note down anything i miss, and i'll probably miss much as i'm only focusing on the things that interest me currently, and discuss the pros and cons.

first and foremost: the promise of dedicated servers. last i checked Ubisoft stated that season 4 would be the one where dedicated servers are finally introduced. I feel like it sounds a little too good to be true, though i'm still hopeful. it'd be nice to play 10 games in a row without a single disconnect, or at the very very veeerrry least one or two.

what exactly will it change other than connectivity issues? (not a rhetorical question, i'm not technologically savvy in any way so if someone could elaborate on the plusses and minuses of that, thank you)

next being the new game mode Tribute. I've read a lot of complaints about it being a complicated capture the flag. I don't necessarily mind it, i've always liked capture the flag in any game. My only worry is that it won't take off like i anticipate it too. i'm excited for a new fresh game mode but i don't want to be hyped about it just for it to die like elimination did.

lets not forget new heroes. Ronin and Huntress i think. I'm all for a viking character but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't stoked about a dual sword wielding samurai. definitely giving him a go right out the gate. Any speculation on what their new move sets will bring to the game? Some fresh new moves are always fun to play against and with although maybe we could chill on how many unblockables and stuns each hero gets? not that i mind but it'd be nice to see a little less *****ing on the forums.

and finally the new maps. really looking forward to these. hopefully there'll be some new cinematic openings or some interesting new tools like the ballistas. would not be surprised if it was a catapult of some kind or maybe even a a new kind of mechanized trap.

anywho, just my thoughts on all that. all are welcome to elaborate and discuss. what you'll love what you'll hate what you do and don't want to happen etc.

sand_nigg3r
10-25-2017, 03:11 AM
10 in a row? 70% of my matches end in a dc or EAC time out, would love to play the same game as you.

ChampionRuby50g
10-25-2017, 03:16 AM
1. Dedicated Servers. I had originally heard that these where coming around November 7th, to go with the release of Xbox One X, but have been told that isn't the case, and we might not get them till 2018. I'm praying that's not true, but any official word would be welcome. To me, servers is one of the last chances I have for this game. Connectivity needs to be solid green before the other issues are addressed. I'm not a tech whiz either, but other than connectivity I am not sure. Maybe time snap could return if there was a solid base of servers to go on.

2. A little disappointing that Tribute is just glorified CTF honestly. CTF was never a go to game mode for me in any game, and I can honestly see it dying after a few weeks. Because of poor XP gain, CTF in general was never as popular as other modes in games from my past. But hopefully it turns out to be really fun, and I am wrong. I thought a Siege mode would have been more welcome, as saw great threads that got a lot of traction detailing a Siege mode very early on in the games lifespan.

3. Huntress for life mate. Really excited to see what she looks like and how she plays.

4. They better have got the Viking map right too. Only time's I have seen Viking Village is in a custom, or when I come across it in Brawl. It is fully impossible to play Viking Village as you can't find Elim/Skirmish games in my region. Horrible oversight from the Devs IMO, and it should not happen again.

5. My addition to your list, new cosmetic gear. With the new season will be new gear to pimp our heroes out with, and I truly hope Ubisoft got it right. My LB will finally look like the God he is.

Claudius_Katt
10-25-2017, 03:23 AM
New maps are one of the things I知 looking forward to most of all.
The current map rotation is too small and I almost always end up playing Sanctuary Bridge, Citadel Gate or Overwatch over and over again,
Hopefully two new maps will freshen up the random maps so we get something different every once in a while and hopefully they値l both be Dominion compatible and neither will contain any ballista style elements,
Sentinel is just no fun thanks to the griefing A-Holes.

Secondly I知 really holding out hope that Huntress is a legitimate leak and I致e got my fingers crossed that shes a scottish lass to balance out Highlander,
The knights have two romans so why not two scots for the Vikings,
If it is I値l probably have a new main so long as her reflex guard isnt as rubbish as Gladiator/Shinobi痴.
Also hoping that we get some fresh Highlander executions.

Lastly I知 looking forward to seeing the new armours, I知 really hoping we get some fresh unique looks for the heroes to bring some more variety to the battlefield.

Moondyne_MC
10-25-2017, 03:50 AM
1. Dedicated Servers. I had originally heard that these where coming around November 7th, to go with the release of Xbox One X, but have been told that isn't the case, and we might not get them till 2018. I'm praying that's not true, but any official word would be welcome. To me, servers is one of the last chances I have for this game. Connectivity needs to be solid green before the other issues are addressed. I'm not a tech whiz either, but other than connectivity I am not sure. Maybe time snap could return if there was a solid base of servers to go on.

2. A little disappointing that Tribute is just glorified CTF honestly. CTF was never a go to game mode for me in any game, and I can honestly see it dying after a few weeks. Because of poor XP gain, CTF in general was never as popular as other modes in games from my past. But hopefully it turns out to be really fun, and I am wrong. I thought a Siege mode would have been more welcome, as saw great threads that got a lot of traction detailing a Siege mode very early on in the games lifespan.

3. Huntress for life mate. Really excited to see what she looks like and how she plays.

4. They better have got the Viking map right too. Only time's I have seen Viking Village is in a custom, or when I come across it in Brawl. It is fully impossible to play Viking Village as you can't find Elim/Skirmish games in my region. Horrible oversight from the Devs IMO, and it should not happen again.

5. My addition to your list, new cosmetic gear. With the new season will be new gear to pimp our heroes out with, and I truly hope Ubisoft got it right. My LB will finally look like the God he is.

Bloody Viking Village haha, I was stoked for the rolling barrel of doom and have seen yet happen precisely one time ever in game, as that's how difficult it is to find Elim/Skirmish matches.

Do you play on PS4 Champ? I feel like I should have run in to you by now if so, since there only seem to be a handful of Aussies playing, haha.

stormbyte13
10-25-2017, 03:51 AM
"Secondly I知 really holding out hope that Huntress is a legitimate leak and I致e got my fingers crossed that shes a scottish lass to balance out Highlander,
The knights have two romans so why not two scots for the Vikings,"
I'm with you there, it makes sense to branch the factions into other groups that fit the theme, and a Pictish warrior of either gender would go pretty well against the Chieftan. But so would a Scot with a targe and basket hilted broadsword

ChampionRuby50g
10-25-2017, 04:09 AM
Bloody Viking Village haha, I was stoked for the rolling barrel of doom and have seen yet happen precisely one time ever in game, as that's how difficult it is to find Elim/Skirmish matches.

Do you play on PS4 Champ? I feel like I should have run in to you by now if so, since there only seem to be a handful of Aussies playing, haha.

I'm an Xbox player mate, but know exactly what you mean. Numbers are dwindling, i remember two weeks ago the FH AU club on Xbox had at least 15-30 people checking in daily, now it's sitting at 10-15 people daily. This is down from 30+, sometimes even 40+ people checking daily a month ago.

Very high activity my ***.

Helnekromancer
10-25-2017, 05:29 AM
I don't have a problem with games crashing, this happens to me maybe once or twice a day. Without those just being someone rage quitting from Dominion and crashing the lobby.

What I care most is the matchmaking, I honestly don't know what this game matchmaking is based off but with "Very High Activity" in Dominion constantly why am I always playing against the same sweaty pre-made team over and over again and getting random players who aren't properly equipped to fight this pre-made on my team? It's so bad that I have to switch to a different game mode just to have fun.

Hope the new samurai map is The Myre from the story mode. A large mossy wetland that feel more like a maze than anything else. If the devs are going to make 1 Dominion and 1 Skirmish/Elimination map. The Myre would make a great addition to skirmish and elimination.

There's alot of cool story maps that I can still remember playing in February when the game came out, that I wish were implemented into the multiplayer.

seaners95
10-25-2017, 11:52 PM
Great so far. Thanks guys for the input!

just thought of this but i wonder if they'll kick off season two with a double xp event?
it'll be in the november time frame right? so what if they'll extend it to last something around two weeks like up until thanks giving? that would be good. i still have a few characters i want to work on and it'd be nice to get that head start to see what kind of gear the new heroes have.