PDA

View Full Version : Remove the ballista's from dominion.

IQxJaeger
10-25-2017, 02:22 AM
Every game i play theres always 1-2 guys camping those things 24/7. Those guys rarerly ever move and never leave the ballista only if they get attacked,

gj4063
10-25-2017, 02:28 AM
Pfft. This game is delicately balanced around a 1v1 twitch combat ideal. Any idea that lolfactor one shot mechanics are in this game are just fake news. You should be ashamed to suggest anything of the sort.

Tyrjo
10-25-2017, 09:40 AM
The ballistas are OP. They shouldn't one shot because they steal time from the real game, melee combat.

Halvtand
10-25-2017, 12:03 PM
I completely disagree. While I believe that there are some details about the balistas that needs tweaking the over all point is sound. Their presence promotes situational awareness and more dynamic movement from the other players.

ChampionRuby50g
10-25-2017, 12:23 PM
I completely disagree. While I believe that there are some details about the balistas that needs tweaking the over all point is sound. Their presence promotes situational awareness and more dynamic movement from the other players.

What do you think should be done to the ballista? Doesn't sound major from just "tweaking". A damage reduction, or harder to aim? I've thought about it myself, and I'm curious to what you think should be done.

Corvy
10-25-2017, 12:31 PM
Is far more easy to just remove the renown points for ballista kills,
This would prevent players from abusing this mechanic,(since they do not gain anything besides kill someone) and would probably be use it more as an occasional asset.

Another easy soultion would give limited ammo to the heroes, and only can be earned by dying + respawn.

I said that, because, at least for me, is completly inmersion-breaking to shoot the balista, and see my PK victim like "it's just an scratch!" so i don't want to they lowered de damage of the balista.

Halvtand
10-25-2017, 12:44 PM
What do you think should be done to the ballista? Doesn't sound major from just "tweaking". A damage reduction, or harder to aim? I've thought about it myself, and I'm curious to what you think should be done.

I was thinking about the long time it takes to get into and out of the ballista interface. At least getting into it can sometimes take an eternity as the zoom feature is apparently locked for a few hundred milliseconds at the start. I also find the drop of the projectiles to be unpredictable, but that may be the result of iffy textures and lack of skill on my part.

If they should receive a damage reduction I would prefer it if it was done in such a way that only the heavier classes could survive one hit if they were at max hp when hit. I feel that the ballista as an instant-kill is important to the over all layout of the map, and removing it as one could mess up the whole system. With this said I find friendly fire to be at an acceptable level. Getting hit by a ballista should hurt.

Making it harder to aim, as in slower and perhaps "clunkier" (maybe moving in steps instead of analogue) could be a way to reduce the amount of salty deaths, while still keeping the ballista lethal.

I'm also not opposed to Corvy's suggestion to remove points for ballista kills (on heroes). That way you'll only really use it if you need to, as the points are too valuable.

SangLong524
10-25-2017, 02:30 PM
Then go get them, chicken! Why is it so wrong that ballistas have to be removed so u can go out of your hidey hole? Plenty of blind spots on the maps. Learn how to exploit them. They are legit, I am certain of it.