PDA

View Full Version : Elimination is garbage now

gabe_woods
10-24-2017, 11:53 PM
I feel like I try to give Elimination a go every once in a while but every time it's the same deal. 1v1 for 30 seconds till the enemy's health gets low and runs away then I have to proceed to chase them down until they get a shield or run to their teammates to gank me and I don't mind the ganking and all it's just the constant running that draws the matches out that are extremely annoying to me

Tyrjo
10-25-2017, 09:49 AM
I can't say I've experienced this very often, but it does happen. What can you do about it? Laugh at how pathetic they look when they run? I think that's about it.

Halvtand
10-25-2017, 11:59 AM
I truly hate to be that guy, but Elimination and Skirmish have always been the worst modes in this game. While I can understand and appreciate the adiitions of dedicated deathmatch-modes (to hopefully draw that type of player away from the team-based king-of-the-hill that is Dominion) they are in my opinion not innately rewarding enough for players to be content with just doing their fights and moving on. For some reason the mere presence of team mates devalues the individual win or loss which is highly valued in duel and brawl. As each fight means less and less, so does the enjoyment of each fight and once it becomes tedious busywork to get to the end you kind of give up on the whole "play to have fun"-mentality and just do whatever. Trolling, exploiting, running, as long as you get to the end state faster it's a positive move.

If anything Dominion is also on the skinny side for keeping people occupied, which is why I love the event mode with tougher soldiers. They still need to be killed, but camping the battlefield is no longer an option, so there is more dynamic movement and more incentive to keep an eye on the bases even for players who are generally there to slay mooks.

TL;DR: We need more stuff to do to keep the game modes interesting for longer periods of time.

Diegis.
10-25-2017, 10:07 PM
well you dont camp much in elimonation and skirmish.. if they run you should do the same, but not chase them.. i mean you could help a teammate or smth.. if it would be a fight to the death, it would translate as a duel, and we got that mode already.. so if u end up against a running player, enjoy the sight, grin and run elsewhere.. if you chase, mostly you dig your own grave...
and skirmish seems like and everlasting cockfest chasing scattered enemies.. always have one lawbringer in the team. its made like this because thats what it is in fact... but the gamemodes seem to loose for the actual game mechanics and that gives a sense of lacking

UbiJurassic
10-25-2017, 10:41 PM
People will have varying experience from mode to mode. Personally, I enjoy Elimination because I like the concept of starting out a match like a duel, but with the added pressure to group with your team as soon as possible in order to assist them. We have been monitoring the sentiment for Elimination and Skirmish though and we may look to make changes, should we find they need any.