PDA

View Full Version : Is the Casual population gone?

Makeshyft_Man
10-24-2017, 11:18 PM
I hopped on for a few games for the first time in a few months. Did my normal bot warm-up and jumped into Duel, then Brawl, then Dominion. Unfortunately, I got absolutely destroyed in nearly every game. While I don't claim to be anywhere near skilled at this game, getting 8 games in a row that are monstrously one sided seems to stem from one or two things:

1. The MMR system can get a little whack and throw you into "Brick Wall" teams.

OR

2. The casual population has diminished to the point skilled teams or hardcore players are the majority of the matchmaking population.

The first one I can deal with (I can always git gud) but would a more regular around these parts mind informing me on the second?

Cheers.

sand_nigg3r
10-24-2017, 11:28 PM
On pc atleast yes there's usually less than 2000 concurrent players. The only ones left are those who are completely addicted to the game and defend the massive flaws, or russian hackers like the entire Deusvult clan.

bmason1000
10-24-2017, 11:29 PM
Honestly? Kinda both. The majority are definitely dedicated players and because of this there's not enough lower mmr's to get matched together. I mean it happens, I've seen whole matches where i was the only player above rep 10 but its certainly uncommon.

gj4063
10-25-2017, 02:19 AM
I'm causal and above average, and I quit cuz of p2p servers, garbage netcode, and losses to red nat player lag induced instakills thanks to time snap removal. Why bother when there's more enjoyable entertainment out there. But I'm hopeful of a dedicated server fix in the 6-8 month time frame.

GunnyRed
10-25-2017, 09:59 PM
and then there are a number of us who just can't get pvp matches at all... infinite "searching for player" loops.