PDA

View Full Version : Rework or character move sets. (Nerf means nothing)

TommyMacpherson
10-24-2017, 10:59 PM
Can we get a rather large update that reworks the entire move set?? For every character. And I am going to be rather blunt about this. The move sets are spammable in every respect, half of the list by the vast majority of players are ignored.. And they use but a single combo.. Maybe two. I played a game with a warden and because the shoulder bash has a timer (set by the player as long as they hold a button) it is hard to fight against. And by the time I recover with law bringer he is at it again...i can see my character begin the dodge animation.. And stopped just as he has started.. (he moves like an inch) And because he can feint this too.. he guardbreaks.. in such a unpredictable manner, and my question is: what do I do??? Because he can dodge back and recover stamina if need be... No bother for him.. And I am slow, as a law bringer.. The centurion nerf has failed to solve the original problem (character can still spam the same combo) the player base is where a lot of the problems lay; and I don't understand why it has taken so long to understand That. I played a warden after a few messages were exchanged with the player, needless to say he just laughed. The main problem is; vast majority of players don't care, they can adjust a combo to fit around them and there is no incentive to use anything else; but they can't adjust using the rest of the move set??

THE MOVE SET encourages this play.. And the nerfs are appreciated, but like the centurion nerf.. it doesn't fix the original problem. The gameplay is boring and repetitive for the exact reasons as above.. And this game needs that change because if the player base uses a single combo.. or relies so heavily on a few moves.. And or guardbreaking.. then what is the point?? May as well limit the move set list to one combo.. a light and heavy attack button.. There are perfectly reasonable updates that can fix This even if the move sets were not reworked.. But still believe it is definitely one of the more important aspects of the game to change.

THE biggest thing about the cent nerf. You increase stamina consumption for cent... But it still has to be reasonable from a playing perspective. You can't nerf the stamina where he can't get the combo off.. But again because of this you fail to fix the fundamental problem... And this is my reason for not only the move set rework.. But this would be for every character. We got this game, with so many combos and ways to implement them??? With genuinely no real implementation of any... by a lot of the players... yet we want nerfs that actually fix this problem that the player base causes. And it gets nowhere.. that is my thoughts on this.

Bearing in mind that it is more of a question of if the player base wants to spend 10-20 minutes of their game learning the move set.. And applying it without unnecessary spam.. overall answer... is they don't.. And we sit and wait for a nerf that can't address that issue. Cheers.

TBH_Saeko_Irri
10-25-2017, 12:35 AM
Haven't you notice that there isn't anyone here who can answer you? They are only 2 forum moderators that only say in positive comments "on nice idea I'll talk to the dev team " or "oh nice good job" nothing more...for a AAA GAME SUPPORT SUCKS....

TommyMacpherson
10-25-2017, 01:26 AM
No I haven't realised that. But if I am honest the whole 'positive' threads do get the attention. May as well give up. Thanks though I was expecting some hate on this thread but what you say about the positive threads... yeah. Thanks though for slapping me in the face, the support does suck... who am I kidding with this thread 😂😂 good day to you sir!

Linnix1
10-25-2017, 03:23 AM
It's honestly amazing For Honor has the shortest move list of any fighter I have seen yet it somehow has it's playerbase useing less that 1/5 of a characters list

Tyrjo
10-25-2017, 09:38 AM
Do you realize how much work it is to rework every heroes move set? It's like a one year (if not more) project that may not even turn out great in the end. It's never going to happen. We will see continued rebalancing and that alone will be good enough.

DrExtrem
10-25-2017, 12:41 PM
Well.

I played the game again after a lot of time off.

I left when the season one heroes were wrecking faces.

The game still has the same problems on xbox (or better - console in general). The light spam is still an issue because of the input and screen lags, combined with 30fps. This game can not be taken seriously in any way.

The new heroes movesets are awful, because they have spammable unbockables. This indicates, that the core issue is not resolved yet and might never be. Look at the gladiators moveset. Several light chains and half of the moves are inblockable. The vanilla heroes who have unblockables, have to achieve something in order to hit with them or the unblockables are slow and avoidable.
Season one and two heroes are obviously tailored to PC settings and playstyles.

This game still needs an overhaul - not only the movesets.

FredEx919
10-25-2017, 04:44 PM
We have some similar changes coming for some of the original cast, but it's not a thing that will happen for every single character. Balancing is one thing, but reworks are a whole different beast. With that said, we still have a lot of changes coming to the game overall and not just specific characters. As we move into the next season, we'll be able to share more about these changes.

Fairemont
10-25-2017, 05:32 PM
Give Nobushi kick tracking and hyper armor like Shinobi kit and I'll forgive about 25% of the things gone wrong. >:3

ChampionRuby50g
10-26-2017, 12:00 AM
Give Nobushi kick tracking and hyper armor like Shinobi kit and I'll forgive about 25% of the things gone wrong. >:3

And then nerf her bleed/way of the shark.

TBH_Saeko_Irri
10-26-2017, 12:27 AM
We have some similar changes coming for some of the original cast, but it's not a thing that will happen for every single character. Balancing is one thing, but reworks are a whole different beast. With that said, we still have a lot of changes coming to the game overall and not just specific characters. As we move into the next season, we'll be able to share more about these changes.

Can you ppl promise that we have dedicated servers till the mid end of season 4? Or even in the end of season4 and don't do nothing else don't bother with cosmetics and move sets. Game is unfair as it is the popular mode dominion is became a mini zerg game so don't bother just do the servers.
P.s. change the war faction too of you want ppl to care and make it interesting..

TommyMacpherson
10-26-2017, 02:06 AM

"Balancing is one thing, but rework are a whole different beast.." oh yes I get that; but then again if you took the time to go through the characters it wouldn't be such a problem as it is. Centurion.. a blind man hearing about the centurion concept/character idea would understand how poorly designed the character is.. You combine stamina drain, with a player base that abuses the same combo.. And if you took the time, (because genuinely I don't think you took the time..) to think it over.. this could have been prevented.. now you have a character that.

1. You Can't remove... because players either invested money into steel to get the character.. (or players main Centurion!)

2. Your nerf overall doesn't do anything, it doesn't solve the problem... You increased stamina consumption.. But he still drains stamina... And he also can still use the same move over and over again.. which equates to my character on the ground.. And you Can't nerf his stamina into the ground either.. because the players that got so 'good' at spamming the combo would go up in arms about it.. And overall absolutely ruin the character.. there has to be cool downs on grabs.. the defensive meta needs scrapped.. because otherwise you whittle the move set list down to 2 combos that the vast majority of the players use...

WHICH

Destroys one of the enjoyable aspects of the game... mixing up some decent combos.. to use at the right intervals.. that very idea is gone.
😂😂 I mean Christ what did I buy the game For?? Because I genuinely don't know anymore.. the game is dead for a reason.. players can be patient through connectivity issues.. I have been.. But there isn't any substance to the game as it is, the same thing all day every day. And to date your biggest failure isn't even the connectivity issues (Which is a big factor) but the game doesn't hold onto players.. they lose patience with guard break fights, and spam. These aren't new issues Ubisoft, the spam was going to be a 'thing' the moment you were creating this ... whatever it is.. And yet you slip a character in that not only can spam in such a way; but drain stamina while it happens.?? How do you evade that when your stamina is 0??? You Can't.. You Can't even run either because your exhausted.. And dodging... is a means to an end.. cent still gets you..

Gladiator.. got so many unblockables... or am I just seeing a whole load of unblockables being used??? Again.. all the time.. dodge into a shield bash.. or a toe stab.. or.. trident to the chest.. whatever it is.. named three there and I haven't even unlocked this character to look at the move set..

Shinobi.. a lot of double dodges.. to kick... or to evade.. unless in a tight space... which genuinely is practically never.. And even then the players finds a way..
Now with a buff it is just even more of nuisance to counter.. And I am not saying I Can't dodge the kick.. I can.. But I end up dodging it well over 10 times.. And if I get a hit in anywhere before he flips back to start it again..

Highlander.. BIG Scottish and proud care bear.. couldn't hurt you if he tried.. (talking about the heavy attack) it seems to just do a nick of damage at times... not a single section (in my mind) is wrong in this post.. I pretty much nailed it. Cheers.

TommyMacpherson
10-26-2017, 02:11 AM
Well.

I played the game again after a lot of time off.

I left when the season one heroes were wrecking faces.

The game still has the same problems on xbox (or better - console in general). The light spam is still an issue because of the input and screen lags, combined with 30fps. This game can not be taken seriously in any way.

The new heroes movesets are awful, because they have spammable unbockables. This indicates, that the core issue is not resolved yet and might never be. Look at the gladiators moveset. Several light chains and half of the moves are inblockable. The vanilla heroes who have unblockables, have to achieve something in order to hit with them or the unblockables are slow and avoidable.
Season one and two heroes are obviously tailored to PC settings and playstyles.

This game still needs an overhaul - not only the movesets.

Right on point. Thank you!