PDA

View Full Version : Question Concerning Playable Objects in IL2

Arkangel_1
02-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Hello there

I understand that it is possible to fly all the planes in IL2, the only problem of course is that you dont get a cockpit with all of them.

If somebody had the knowledge, would it be possible to fool IL2 into thinking that a tank (for example) was a playable aircraft by adjusting the .ini files that IL2 appears to use to recognise object types?

I know of course that these .ini files seem to be hidden within SFS Files of which I am completly unable to open.

I think it would be so much fun if somebody did this, the idea of blasting your friends down playing as an AAA canon or maybe even going head to head in tanks, would be such a cool Mod for this game.

This is just my oppinion, Ive asked others though who also agree it would be an absolute laff

Arkangel_1
02-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Hello there

I understand that it is possible to fly all the planes in IL2, the only problem of course is that you dont get a cockpit with all of them.

If somebody had the knowledge, would it be possible to fool IL2 into thinking that a tank (for example) was a playable aircraft by adjusting the .ini files that IL2 appears to use to recognise object types?

I know of course that these .ini files seem to be hidden within SFS Files of which I am completly unable to open.

I think it would be so much fun if somebody did this, the idea of blasting your friends down playing as an AAA canon or maybe even going head to head in tanks, would be such a cool Mod for this game.

This is just my oppinion, Ive asked others though who also agree it would be an absolute laff