PDA

View Full Version : Tournament 1v1 beta

berserker7331
10-23-2017, 05:10 PM
Hi, i play on ps4, lately i could not get into playing tournament mode as there are no players playing it. I really wanted that orochi ornament, cent, lb and conqueror but no one seems to be playing it anymore. What to do?!

SplugeKing
10-23-2017, 05:38 PM
What do: wait until ubi gets dedicated servers because everyone is sick of playing a "ranked mode" in which lag is very present

Tyrjo
10-24-2017, 11:26 AM
It needs to get out of beta and offer the players what they want in order to be populated:

Hefty XP rewards
Hefty steel rewards
Cool customization rewards
Tournament orders
Tournament events
Ditch the taunting announcer

Else it will just die out.

bmason1000
10-24-2017, 12:13 PM
I dig the announcer. Favorite part of the tournaments.

Tyrjo
10-24-2017, 01:17 PM
I don't mind it, but 20% of the players will not like getting taunted after a loss and will never come back to the game mode.

Losing is hard as it is for many people, this is just more salt in the wound. Most modern games want the player to feel awesome (even though you ain't), since a happy customer is a paying customer. This is the exact opposite.

Helnekromancer
10-24-2017, 09:22 PM
I would gladly play tournament but there's way to many lag switchers in there. I play on Xbox and my games are just playing against people who will revert your damage done to them if you hit them too hard. Was in mid Execution and the guy reverted the animation back, got his life back and quickly shoulder bash two light me.

And the worse part is he can go do the same thing against other players and most players isnt going to sit there a be cheated so they just leave, then you get broken tournament lobbies in which you can be in finals and never get an opponent because either someone lefted and crash the lobby or the game system crashed and both players were booted.

So now you have to sit there and contemplate whether you want to leave or not only to leave the crashed tournament lobby after 40mins of "waiting for the match to end", get cheated out of a finals match, lose ranking, waste time, and get a leaver penalty.

https://i.imgur.com/KQH7S3J.png

RatedChaotic
10-24-2017, 09:35 PM
^This....My first and only tournament attempt ended with this screen. The guy winning all the matches was a Red Nat PK. I lost to the PKs lag badly and then waited for my next opponent. 2 others left and was I was pushed into the finals being 1-1. Then sat at ^that screen for well over an hour waiting on one or 2 matches to end. You cant have fair tournments with a P2P multiplayer this bad. They should just scrap it. In my opinion and put those employees where they are needed most....Like the Dedicated server team. Apparently they need the help more.

Tyrjo
10-25-2017, 09:52 AM
Just block red NATs from the tournament. They can play if they fix their connections. If they can't, then sorry. Either that or bunch them up in red NAT tournaments so they can see how fun it is playing someone like that.