PDA

View Full Version : Will for honor stop receiving support after the last heroes are released?

EyyupY95
10-23-2017, 03:29 AM
Will ubisoft stop supporting the game and create more character for For Honor or will they make a season 2 like rainbow six siege? What do you think?

Tyrjo
10-23-2017, 08:38 AM
Hard to say. Maybe the game will be revitalized and get a population boost when dedicated servers are released? Then maybe we will see more stuff coming.

Ubi-Swaguchi
10-23-2017, 09:03 AM
For now there are no plans to stop providing support for the game.

EyyupY95
10-23-2017, 09:12 AM

Thats good to hear i hope you guys are gonna provide more characters for us like R6 because for honor is a one of a kind game

Ulrichvonbek111
10-23-2017, 10:19 AM

When you look at word play the above statement is actually very alarming.I place no confidence in the response given..
We shall wait and see if all the micro transactions and valuable time given by the players shall just be wiped out.
Ubi have made their money so why should they save or care about something which is broken.
When they try to fix or jazz things up it ends up being a disaster.
We have now seen the gear stats bar revert back to season one.
Why was it changed in the first place.
The rewards for season one winners wasn't broken so why did they change it for season two.,Everyday I see Viking players adorning these ornaments won from season one and guess what I know what they represent...
Now back to the opening of my statement,,yes mark my words people,they are playing with words "For now" is a very clear warning that at anytime it'll be gone..
Now the brown nose and entourage brigade may fall upon me but imagine if this is all true how exactly shall you feel then and where did your brown nosing get you...?

I ask once again in preparation of your gathering of words
How deep can ones nose go?

EyyupY95
10-23-2017, 10:48 AM
When you look at word play the above statement is actually very alarming.I place no confidence in the response given..
We shall wait and see if all the micro transactions and valuable time given by the players shall just be wiped out.
Ubi have made their money so why should they save or care about something which is broken.
The rewards for season one winners wasn't broken so why did they change it for season two.,Everyday I see Viking players adorning these ornaments won from season one and guess what I know what they represent...
Now back to the opening of my statement,,yes mark my words people,they are playing with words "For now" is a very clear warning that at anytime it'll be gone..
Now the brown nose and entourage brigade may fall upon me but imagine if this is all true how exactly shall you feel then and where did your brown nosing get you...?

I ask once again in preparation of your gathering of words
How deep can ones nose go?

It would suck if they stopped because the game is good when you look past all the negatives

Ulrichvonbek111
10-23-2017, 11:08 AM
It would suck if they stopped because the game is good when you look past all the negatives

Yes the game is unique in so many ways but.....

Ubi-Swaguchi
10-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Let me try an alleviate any concerns you may have,

My initial response wasn't meant to alarm anyone. If anything it was meant to reassure you guys and gals.

There are a lot of plans in place for the future of For Honor which at the moment we can't reveal as they are still in early phases and last thing I'd want to do is give unrealistic expectations for whats coming as well as dates which aren't in place yet.

Due to the nature of games, its safe to say if a game stops being played and the player base declines massively, then support for that game would cease in order reallocate resources to other games to help support those. For Honor isn't in this state so the immediate future is bright :)

Vakris_One
10-23-2017, 12:24 PM
What do they represent?

It's really not a warning. It's a standard operating procedure used by all gaming studios that run an online-only multiplayer game. If player numbers dwindle away to a very low number the company reserves the right to shut down their servers and stop future support for the game. It's nothing new. All online multiplayer games can come under the chopping block if they can no longer maintain a consistent playerbase above a certain number. That's the difference between multiplayer games and single player games. SP games can be played forever whereas MP games have a finite lifespan.

P2P multiplayer games actually have an advantage here because there are no worldwide servers to shut down in order to stop paying money for them and so P2P games usually get left open to access but all support is pulled.

Smuggler007
10-23-2017, 04:04 PM
@Ubi-Swaguchi

Yeah, they still haven't fixed that 'Unavailable Bug' with Unity. No support for that game which they broke earlier this year. So every one has every reason to believe the same will apply to this game despite what these devs think does not need to happen because 'we are doing well atm'.

When UbiSoft finally gives a damn about that Unity bug, then your words will have merit. [and fyi countless tickets were submitted]

CandleInTheDark
10-23-2017, 04:26 PM
The devs said during their roadmap that they have long term plans for the game and that this is why they were switching to dedicated servers.

We know they want ranked 4v4,we know ranked 1v1 is considered beta, I am pretty sure I have seen a rep say there are more characters in the works. Speaking of characters they have spoken a few times of doing new animations for older ones.

While things can change and while as said above if the player base dwindles too far that will make this infeasible, what the devs have been saying suggests that they want this game to be going a good while yet and that they want to keep improving it.

Knight_Raime
10-23-2017, 06:49 PM
@Ubi-Swaguchi

Yeah, they still haven't fixed that 'Unavailable Bug' with Unity. No support for that game which they broke earlier this year. So every one has every reason to believe the same will apply to this game despite what these devs think does not need to happen because 'we are doing well atm'.

When UbiSoft finally gives a damn about that Unity bug, then your words will have merit. [and fyi countless tickets were submitted]

Unity stopped getting support because they stopped believing it would be a fruitful task to gain any kind of money from. For honor is a game that is still very cared about and has much more play potential. Unity bombed. For honor despite getting constant flak is still very popular. Not really comparable.

Knight_Raime
10-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Considering they are still working on ranked mode improvements, switching to servers, getting the defensive meta patch dropped with the character roster rebalance patch right behind it I doubt season 4 means the end of support. I believe the big wigs have already decided to invest in another year of content. But we will see.

Tyrjo
10-24-2017, 11:22 AM
Considering they are still working on ranked mode improvements, switching to servers, getting the defensive meta patch dropped with the character roster rebalance patch right behind it I doubt season 4 means the end of support. I believe the big wigs have already decided to invest in another year of content. But we will see.

I sure hope so, because if there is a new season pass...I have cash in hand. :o

CandleInTheDark
10-24-2017, 12:06 PM
I sure hope so, because if there is a new season pass...I have cash in hand. :o

I've always felt this season pass has been good, so I would certainly renew it also.

thornh
10-24-2017, 01:09 PM
I am confident there will be another year of content. Maybe not another 2 characters every three months but who knows. Too much hard work has gone into improving this game to just give up after season 4. The players that have played this game since day 1 aren't going any where. We've been through so much and stuck with it because we have a passion for the game. Despite the toxicity we have developed a strong bond with the development team. We are a perfectly functioning dysfunctional family and I would like that to continue for a while.

I only want one thing from Ubisoft. When the game does come to a natural end (everything ends) and the servers are turned off please, please allow us to continue to play PvAI without having to be online. I will always want the opportunity to be able to play just one more match.

Tyrjo
10-24-2017, 01:14 PM
I only want one thing from Ubisoft. When the game does come to a natural end (everything ends) and the servers are turned off please, please allow us to continue to play PvAI without having to be online. I will always want the opportunity to be able to play just one more match.

In that case a developed peer-to-peer network infrastructure will be golden to fall back on. A matchmaking server would still be needed I guess, but micro transactions would probably be able to fund it.

Smuggler007
10-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Think what you want. UbiSoft can take what the devs what to continue to do and put it in a sequel at any time. They stand to earn a cash boon with each release of a popular franchise than simply adding new content to an existing one which relies on players to spend their money at its respective store. How many of you actually buy steel to get whatever in-game? I haven't. I just grind away at it like most players.

Will not bother me the day they decide to do For Honor II. Already expect it to come. Any support and [remaining] new content for this game will be enough to herd the majority of us to play the sequel. Dedicated servers insure matchmaking stability and gameplay for the few who remain playing For Honor. Hopefully, they won't revert to p2p network with its sequel. That would be so backward.

Smuggler007
10-25-2017, 02:40 PM
*UbiSoft can take what the devs want

If only this forum allowed its posters to edit their posts...

CandleInTheDark
10-25-2017, 03:10 PM
*UbiSoft can take what the devs want

If only this forum allowed its posters to edit their posts...

It does, you need to press the + button next to reply.

bmason1000
10-25-2017, 05:58 PM
It does, you need to press the + button next to reply.Just a heads up for those who may not know, doesn't work on mobile. The option to edit shows up but no matter what you do it just deletes your message. I only view the forums on mobile... the struggle is real.

FredEx919
10-25-2017, 06:07 PM
For Honor wont be going anywhere, anytime soon http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/smile.png

TBH_Saeko_Irri
10-25-2017, 10:27 PM
Will ubisoft stop supporting the game and create more character for For Honor or will they make a season 2 like rainbow six siege? What do you think?

I thought they all ready stop providing support to the game.

Netcode_err_404
10-26-2017, 03:52 AM
Question is, was this game really supported ? Still unplayable. After almost 1 full year.

Still inconsistent, with some game mechanics beeing completely bypassed under certain circumstances

Still p2p lag fest
Still filled with errors

PC version is AIDS.

Console version is AIDS

Errors

Errors

Easy anti cheat kick

Errors

Matchamking not ready

Errors.

This is a typpical gaming session on this broken mess.

TommyMacpherson
10-26-2017, 05:32 AM
Don't know about any other platforms. I play ps4. But dependant on the platform (Xbox one) there is already players and or threads outlining the dwindling numbers.. so in that respect the game has already dwindled in numbers.. "For now" to gain those players back, something big needs to happen. Call me a pessimist. But nothing big will happen to gain those players Back.. I may be surprised, but I doubt it. Yes the numbers have dwindled and are absolutely in that stage now... I respect the input ubi has made to the thread. But I ain't buying it personally... when I see the words "For now" I think.. the games numbers (dependant on the platform) are just enough to prompt some support and action at the moment.. nothing more and nothing less. Be wary of the platform your on.. I would not be surprised if the PC platform was mentioned when stating the stability of the Player base. As what I have heard regarding console has not been good. Cheers.

ChampionRuby50g
10-26-2017, 06:25 AM
Just a heads up for those who may not know, doesn't work on mobile. The option to edit shows up but no matter what you do it just deletes your message. I only view the forums on mobile... the struggle is real.

That's never happened to me before, and I mostly use mobile. You hit the pen, then scroll down to "Your message", then make the changes you want, then press "Save Changes"?