PDA

View Full Version : What is Honor?

CheekyKemosabe
10-23-2017, 02:59 AM
You all know me. You know that i've bee here since the beta testing.

i've been to every battlefield, seen every horror in war there is to imagine, witnessed the birth and death of many a great player. I've traversed the barren lands of salt and the lush terrain flooded with sweat. And all the while with every kill, every execution, every death and every minion slain i stood by a very strict code: "Respect the wishes of the players."

I've spent hours thinking and contemplating the etiquette of war. Should i use that ledge? should i use the terrain to my advantage? should i side with my team and bring simultaneous wrath upon our enemies? often times the answer was no. "A fair fight! that's what this will be."

you may ask me to define what fair is and to you i say this. He whoever should commit an act in battle shall see that act reciprocated in turn, as it is their tactic and shall feel it inflicted upon them as they inflict it upon others.

for a long time the answer was no. I thought to myself "Every hero deserves a chance to fight to their last moment and not a moment before." many times i've refused to ledge, refused to gank and refused to take advantage of my surroundings and all because i knew that my opponent had more to offer than that. Yes they put themselves in such a position and maybe they deserved that kind of death as a lesson, but i denied them such knowledge. Instead i chose to burden them with the task of facing me until my blades severed their heads from their bodies.

but now.....now the game has changed. Warriors, we've come a long way since the beginning. From the moment we first stepped onto the battlefield we've been evolving, learning, improving. Through determination and sheer will of force we've risen, ascended even, to a point where the only factor remaining is a question. The question that's been argued over for months.

not "Honor or dishonor?" but rather "Will honor help me win?"

I myself have come to a decision i hoped to avoid. However, i see now that it is the only answer.

honor isn't something to be displayed. it's not a show of mercy and it's not something earned through prowess in battle. instead it's the very thing we're fighting for. This bloody and terrible war is the result of a tyrant who sought to sick us all on one another like rabid dogs and we've fallen straight into that trap. Not that it matters anymore.

I've made my decision. With all the opportunities i've wasted and the only result being my own death, i've had enough.

There is no Honor in the fight. Think about it. These warriors are fighting for their lives. You think they'll allow decency to dictate whether or not they'll walk away alive? Not in the slightest. I've tried so hard to maintain some amount of honor but i'm all spent. Honor is for those who still hold onto the fantasies told in fairy tales. They'll find none with me.

Watch your backs honor crowd. Honor won't keep me from taking your lives in any way i can.

bmason1000
10-23-2017, 03:40 AM
Welcome, brother.

TSCDescon
10-23-2017, 04:03 AM
You come to this game with "honor", you're gonna get thrown off the ledge. XD

CoyoteXStarrk
10-23-2017, 04:32 AM
Honor died within weeks of launch.

I still remember those sweet first days in Dominion where people bowed before the fights and even waited for fights to finish before jumping in instead of 2v1. Then as it always does the scrubs and children outnumber the mature players and it all went to hell.

You can't even play Brawl anymore without ending up in a 2v1. Its pathetic.

ChampionRuby50g
10-23-2017, 10:21 AM
Honor died within weeks of launch.

I still remember those sweet first days in Dominion where people bowed before the fights and even waited for fights to finish before jumping in instead of 2v1. Then as it always does the scrubs and children outnumber the mature players and it all went to hell.

You can't even play Brawl anymore without ending up in a 2v1. Its pathetic.

I don't know about you, but in Dominion if all it was is just 1v1s as you described, it would be incredibly boring. Where would I get the opportunity to test my mettle against multiple opponents at once? It's called 4v4 for a reason.

And you're region must be shocking. Majority of the brawls I play are still honorable.

Ulrichvonbek111
10-23-2017, 10:28 AM

i've been to every battlefield, seen every horror in war there is to imagine, witnessed the birth and death of many a great player. I've traversed the barren lands of salt and the lush terrain flooded with sweat. And all the while with every kill, every execution, every death and every minion slain i stood by a very strict code: "Respect the wishes of the players."

I've spent hours thinking and contemplating the etiquette of war. Should i use that ledge? should i use the terrain to my advantage? should i side with my team and bring simultaneous wrath upon our enemies? often times the answer was no. "A fair fight! that's what this will be."

you may ask me to define what fair is and to you i say this. He whoever should commit an act in battle shall see that act reciprocated in turn, as it is their tactic and shall feel it inflicted upon them as they inflict it upon others.

for a long time the answer was no. I thought to myself "Every hero deserves a chance to fight to their last moment and not a moment before." many times i've refused to ledge, refused to gank and refused to take advantage of my surroundings and all because i knew that my opponent had more to offer than that. Yes they put themselves in such a position and maybe they deserved that kind of death as a lesson, but i denied them such knowledge. Instead i chose to burden them with the task of facing me until my blades severed their heads from their bodies.

but now.....now the game has changed. Warriors, we've come a long way since the beginning. From the moment we first stepped onto the battlefield we've been evolving, learning, improving. Through determination and sheer will of force we've risen, ascended even, to a point where the only factor remaining is a question. The question that's been argued over for months.

I myself have come to a decision i hoped to avoid. However, i see now that it is the only answer.

honor isn't something to be displayed. it's not a show of mercy and it's not something earned through prowess in battle. instead it's the very thing we're fighting for. This bloody and terrible war is the result of a tyrant who sought to sick us all on one another like rabid dogs and we've fallen straight into that trap. Not that it matters anymore.

I've made my decision. With all the opportunities i've wasted and the only result being my own death, i've had enough.

There is no Honor in the fight. Think about it. These warriors are fighting for their lives. You think they'll allow decency to dictate whether or not they'll walk away alive? Not in the slightest. I've tried so hard to maintain some amount of honor but i'm all spent. Honor is for those who still hold onto the fantasies told in fairy tales. They'll find none with me.

Watch your backs honor crowd. Honor won't keep me from taking your lives in any way i can.

Nicely written and very heart felt by many I'm sure.
Thank you.

Now Ubi/whoever put this as a sticky thread just the same as you did with the "Lore"...for this is a very original and beautifully written post. It puts the "lore" one in the shadows along with its composer.

Thank you once again for warming my heart.

Ubi-Swaguchi
10-23-2017, 11:43 AM
The lack of a U in "Honor" has always been a pet peeve for me :)

Jazz117Volkov
10-23-2017, 12:43 PM

Move to the UK.

Ubi-Swaguchi
10-23-2017, 12:59 PM
Move to the UK.

Even here in the UK the game is listed as "For Honor"

Halvtand
10-23-2017, 01:46 PM

Damn near poster of the year there.

Anyway. Seaners95, good for you mate. You should play the game like YOU wan to, and not like someone else tells you to. Follow your own creed. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Vakris_One
10-23-2017, 01:59 PM

So a long winded way of saying, "I'm not going to restrict myself to playing with 'honor' because it's making me lose more matches than I win."

To which I say: Ok. Fair enough.

Vakris_One
10-23-2017, 02:02 PM
Nicely written and very heart felt by many I'm sure.
Thank you.

Now Ubi/whoever put this as a sticky thread just the same as you did with the "Lore"...for this is a very original and beautifully written post. It puts the "lore" one in the shadows along with its composer.

Thank you once again for warming my heart.
LOL. You really hate Arco's thread huh?

Vakris_One
10-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Even here in the UK the game is listed as "For Honor"
Tell me about it. Everytime I see the following in chat, "Why u no honor?" I reply with, "I am play with Honour. Not Honor." ;)

Linnix1
10-23-2017, 03:46 PM
A stupid word people of old made up so the warriors can sleep at night despite all the screams of all the innocent people they pillaged, raped, murdered, ect. they had rattling in their heads