PDA

View Full Version : AGAIN For Honor causing INTERNET OUTAGE

lazerg20555
10-22-2017, 09:17 PM
For those who are reading this again and are too thick to believe this is the case, I am going to repeat myself. This is what is happening while attempting to play For Honor.

1) I enter For Honor
2) I enter multiplayer, Dominion
3) I check NAT type is OPEN to make sure everything is in order
4) I find a game
5) I enter the game
6) One of two things happens here:

a) While finding game: I get disconnected from Ubisoft ERROR 7-00000004.....disconnected from Steam...and disconnected from the internet.
b) Found a game: Enter it, 2 mins later I get disconnected from Ubisoft ERROR 7-00000004.....disconnected from Steam...and disconnected from the internet.

7) I troubleshoot connection problems
8) Error found: The DNS server is not responding.

Yes, same error every time, connection-wide, throughout the entire house.

What in God's name....is this?

Tum_Energia
10-22-2017, 10:20 PM
same here

EyyupY95
10-23-2017, 04:21 AM
No one cares

Halvtand
10-23-2017, 10:20 AM
Spam. Bump your identical thread from two weeks ago instead of creating a new one.

DoctorMcBatman
10-23-2017, 04:13 PM
This guy's internet is literally being crippled by FH. I think he deserves the biweekly new thread until the devs fix whatever it was in the last patch that did this (actually, wasn't it two patches ago?).

Malyngo
10-23-2017, 05:07 PM
This is really baffling. What could the game do to be causing this? From what I still know from this networking stuff is that in order to play, the game will via UPnP open up ports on the router.
Could the router somehow be not happy with this, and crash? Could it be the internet provider that is a **** about that?

DoctorMcBatman
10-23-2017, 05:32 PM
This is really baffling. What could the game do to be causing this? From what I still know from this networking stuff is that in order to play, the game will via UPnP open up ports on the router.
Could the router somehow be not happy with this, and crash? Could it be the internet provider that is a **** about that?

My knowledge is also limited, but my guess is it has to do with the unique way FH's P2P system works. I don't know specifically what makes it unique, but the devs kept blasting about how it was unique and cutting edge during development (of course, those claims ceased shortly after release as rampant connection issues became apparent).

Is it probably the case that this only happens in certain scenarios with certain hardware/ISPs/countries/<insert variable here>? Yeah. But that doesn't mean it's not the game's fault. The game should account for the variety of network structures it will encounter. As all other games seem to do.

I'm very very skeptical of the "this is user error" claim for this issue, given all of the related connection issues and the frequency of reporting on this problem. I'd love to hear some official explanation/acknowledgement from staff, but the closest we've gotten is them pinning a user-submitted fix that sometimes works.