PDA

View Full Version : Lagg

Tum_Energia
10-22-2017, 08:44 PM
Still experiencing a lot of lag..

Loads of errors, losing connection and today a new one: game was finished (victory) and we just stood there. Nothing happened. Had to leave the game after 5 minutes.

Pretty waste cause I had a descent score of 12 - 1

Halvtand
10-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Personally I have experienced this several times and have a theory on why this is happening, That theory revolves around what has been known as connection manipulation. Basically lag-switching, bogging your connection down with heavy downloads or otherwise restricting your available outgoing and incoming connection. Sometimes these people will appear to flicker between green, yellow, red and disconnected during the game, other times they will appear to be fairly stable on one of these, which makes them hard to connect. The players always exhibit strange online behaviour though. Attacks that doesn't show up properly, hitting through walls, escape GBs mid-dash... Basically, doing stuff that is not supposed to be possible. To be fair this isn't really happening either, it's just how you tend to see it, as it is a product of the lag.

Anyway, some form of manipulation seems to make the game confused as to whether a game has ended or not and just keeps it going. Once the manipulator leaves the game it can properly end. I have yet to encounter a single game where the end freezes and does not unfreeze once the guy doing all the shady stuff quits.

RatedChaotic
10-23-2017, 12:36 PM
Many people warned them about this back in the alpha and betas.