PDA

View Full Version : CRITICAL BUG: Main story stuck after Civil War 2 battle

Jarls
10-22-2017, 04:28 PM
12 hours into the main story.
Mission: Civil War 2: Playtime is over

I did the fight, got the rewards from defeating the freedom pals - then reward screen exits to black screen (but auto-saves). Black screen remains unless i press inventory or game menu buttons - which then appear and functions as normal (game menu have proper game view background).
Exiting either screen returns me to black screen.

Exits game and reloads auto-save. I am now in a state where it says my next objective is to complete Civil war 2 mission (altho i do still have the rewards from that mission after the reload). I go to the playground where i am supposed to talk to coon & co - i do get the "talk to" prompt but nothing happens when i do the action.

I.e. i am stuck and unable to proceed ( i have no other saves before this point)

The game clearly thinks i have both completed this mission and need to complete the mission at the same time. Some mission state flags are messed up!

Jarls
10-22-2017, 04:30 PM
I should have pointed out that this is the PS4 version of the game running on a PS4 Pro.

gaco47
10-22-2017, 09:55 PM
I have the same bug - but after playground mission

qWhySoSerious
10-23-2017, 12:44 PM
I too am stuck at this same place finished the battle got a black screen and unknowingly saved and now cannot progress in the main mission

survive_t_r
10-23-2017, 08:19 PM
I'm experiencing the exact same bug as originally described, also on a PS4 pro.

heath600
10-25-2017, 01:23 AM
I almost have the same issue on PC. I don't believe this quest every shows up in my quest log but I can go to the fight and after the fight completes I get a black screen. I can save the game and load still but I have to keep repeating the fight doing this and never progress.

Carlose_Santos
11-20-2017, 03:00 PM
I have the same bug in a ps4, this bug have a solution?

MPHICH
11-22-2017, 06:41 PM
Has same issue as others on PC.
I received message from Timmy to go to playground, but saved and exited the game before going.
When I came back to the game, the mission was missing from my mission tray and there was no C.A.F icon on the map, by the playground.
Went to playground and won fight, screen went black and there was no way to progress further.

Solution: Walked by the Fast Pass location in front of Cartman's house and again got the message from Timmy to come to the playground. After fight completed cut scene played as expected and I got the PC Principal mission.

Ubi-Marx
12-04-2017, 09:56 PM
Same here, in my second playtrough (ps4) the story got stuck after the civil war 2 fight. Screen went black and when i got the screen back, coon and the rest just stood there and no new story missions.

Previous mentioned trick didn't work for me.

Please fix this

SephiTraxx
12-09-2017, 09:53 AM
My God, I just posted this same problem. I have 13 hours invested in the gamer, I am sure not going to restart.