PDA

View Full Version : For Honor 2 - Suggestions + Ideas?

KingNP
10-22-2017, 12:13 PM
For Honor's single player is about restoring your hero's honor and afterwards you can move onto multiplayer to access the faction war. But where does the warrior go during season halftime? Why not back home..

Here's a few ideas I have for For Honor season two, be sure to leave your own suggestions in the comments.

° Non Combat content
- Crazy I know, considering this game is designed specifically for that, however I believe with this specific feature, it could turn FH into so much more and would allow for a lot of other updates and content. I'll be listing some of the note able suggestions which can come to play with this.

• Building/Faction Civilizations
- After or during season each faction is given a decent size map of their hometown away from the faction war. Just for example purposes we'll use the myre for the samurai. Members of the samurai faction could return to the Myre for specific activities based on the factions region and current state of the faction war.
- Each faction will be able to interact with each other in their mainlands as well as free roam. Buildings will also serve purpose and players would be able to design and creat schools to teach other players easier and give you a place to teach your unique styles.

Since activities will differ between the factions, here's a list of some of the things players can do.

°Samurai
• An agility course
-This would provide players with experience and would be a little activity to keep your reflexes sharp and earn little steel.
• Invite players to duel 1v1
-This way you can even duel a friend and still get XP. Also other players would be able to watch if they're invited.
• Clan battles
- fight other samurai clans in a type of ranked match.
• #1 and #2 ornament **
- This one might be hard to understand but its based off of Afro Samurai. Out of all of the Samurai, only one will have the #1 ornament. In order to get the ornament you need to have the #2 ornament to challenge him/her. Once #2 challenges #1, they'll duel and this'll go on UniSoft's weekly showcase as it'll occur once a week. You must be and stay active in order to compete and get the ornament and anybody can challenge #2.

° Knights
• Local forge
- the community's local forge would allow you to make 2 pieces of the best gear you can make (this scales with your level so basically a premium crate).
• Crusades
- Basically the Knight's version of the clan battles but would give it a more personal feel.
• Royalty
- Similar to the Samurai's ornament "game" but the reward is the title King or Queen depending on your gender, and only they can be challenged by the runner up.

° Vikings
• Hand to hand duels
- Only savages put down their weapons and defend their honor with their fists.
• Horde game mode
- Fight dozens of hordes of enemies.

Now here's a list of some things all of the factions will share in common.

•Trading
Trade resources and gear between players who have the required rep.
•Hunting and PvE
Delete this message sent 1 minute ago from offline
for steel and other resources
• Resource gathering
needed for building
• Clans and Guilds
official clans which will have their own guildhall
• Specific Faction themed combat oriented mini games.

Illyrian_King
10-22-2017, 08:39 PM
What I imagine as FH2 is the following:

Away from this medieval Tekken and more towards real mass-battles. Not like 40vs40, but maybe 6vs6 with bigger battlefields, more army stuff (you also can custumize), more Siege and impressive battles in general. Now it is all too plastic and generic ... in Dominion for example (why is the only bit of mass battle the game offers) you have an unrealistic clustch of soldiers in the middle and everything else is left alone all the time. Every Dominion match feels the same ... there is no mechanism for chaos. Now it feels all like a test environment :rolleyes:
I would imagine a FH2 far away from this weak-spot.

Give us massive Sieges with a guild system, where every guild can build and customize it's own keep.
Replace making pre-made maps with tools which allow every guild to build and fortificate it's own keep, which can be raided.
Also let raids be planed and organized by the attacking guild and offer soldier variations, siege tools, etc.

Also such totally pre-made classes you can't custumize even a bit is soooo much outdated!
It should better offer the possibility to decide the whole class just through the weapon, and then possibilities to use light, medium, heavy or very heavy (like Lawbringer) armour.
Of course two daggers with a LB-Suit wouldn't go together so it should just offer light and mid armour for example.
The you could go even deeper by saying that the armour type also adds or removes the one or other part of the moveset with that weapon set.
This way you would also have much more variation in armour and people would have more ways to make their own warrior they every wanted ^^
For example I main Lawbringer, but I would like him more with a bit lighter armour (in this case heavy and not very heavy).

The whole game we have now is too pre-made and offers no way of custimzation of anything at all!

There are still other things like having a market place in the centre of every faction instead of a boring customization menu we have now ... but the 2 other points above are way more important to me.

ThomHermans1
10-24-2017, 04:11 PM
I would like to see that a character has more fighting styles / weapons they can switch to in combat.
For example kensei can switch his no-dachi for a normal katana mid fight altering his moveset completely. Or the berserk that can switch form 2 axes to 1 axe, wich makes him more of a grappler with 1 axe. Raider would just put is axe on his back and start using his fists (knuckleduster) to fight.

I would also like to see ranged combat. The bow, crossbow and javelin feat should spawn as a weapon you can use in combat with limited ammo.

thornh
10-24-2017, 04:30 PM
For Honor is a wonderful template. For as much as I enjoy the game I still feel we are still playing a concept rather than a completed vision. If Ubisoft wants to take this all to the next level then there are many, many great ideas out there (see above for an example) that can be implemented to make this an incredible franchise. Look at what Ubi has done with the Assassin's Creed franchise. Despite multiple issues over the years it has become one of the industries biggest, and most influential, franchises. For Honor is like the first Assassin's Creed. It is a unique game. You could simply categorize it as a fighting game but it is the only fighting game of it's kind out there. It has so much potential but Ubi MUST ditch the current game economy. It is way too expensive and, though aesthetically pleasing, very limited in scope. As an example of expense I would like to be able to buy an effect that I like for 5k steel and have it available for any character and for emote, execution and idle. Currently, to get that effect for every character (including season 4 characters) and emote, execution and idle it would cost me 5k x 3 x 18 = 270,000 steel. For one effect! That type of stuff needs to be completely absent in a potential sequel.

Devils-_-legacy
10-24-2017, 04:33 PM
Why would you buy if for every hero

thornh
10-24-2017, 06:03 PM
Why would you buy if for every hero

Right now you can't buy something for every hero unless you are independently wealthy and can drop thousands of dollars to purchase steel. That's my point. If there is an effect I really like I would like to buy the effect and be able to apply it to any hero. See, I like playing as different heroes. Some people like only one or two heroes. Ubi based their game economy around people who only care about one or two heroes. I think they missed the fact that many of us like to play the whole available roster and the current game economy just does not allow one to do that and get stuff like executions or effects without spending a lot of real money or literally playing the game 24 hours a day. I'm currently an overall Rep 76. My "main" is a Rep 13. I do not have a character out of the 16 available that is below Rep 1. If you play 10 matches of Duel in a row with me you won't see me use the same hero twice. That's just how I play the game. I wish I could, at least, trade some of my 500k in salvage for some steel.

Devils-_-legacy
10-24-2017, 09:06 PM
I have every hero at rep one there cosmetics your don't need them gear is easy to grind for and there's a thread asking for the last bit I agree salvage is useless

Archeun
10-24-2017, 10:01 PM
I'm more concerned with them fixing the BETA version of a game we purchased.

iAlwaysL0se
10-24-2017, 11:58 PM
I wouldnt want another For Honor game from ubisoft because they'll likely **** it up just like this one as releasing betas at full price seems to be their new business model. I would rather see it or a clone like it come from another more reputable developer because the way Ubi has handled this game has been just sad. I've said it many times before but, the cash grab effect of this game is just sleezy and is so obvious to see in the game economy. If they wanted you to progress and collect all the things you want then your steel earnings wouldn't be so abysmally small and prices for items wouldn't be so high or at least it would balance out to be REASONABLE. I'm still pretty pissed off about what they're doing with the masks. costs as much as a mythic outfit (which is fair) and after the event will rise to 20k!? They are trying too hard to take peoples money with steal packs its like a repeat of PayDay 2.

Stahlrusse
10-25-2017, 12:55 AM
Right now you can't buy something for every hero unless you are independently wealthy and can drop thousands of dollars to purchase steel. That's my point. If there is an effect I really like I would like to buy the effect and be able to apply it to any hero. See, I like playing as different heroes. Some people like only one or two heroes. Ubi based their game economy around people who only care about one or two heroes. I think they missed the fact that many of us like to play the whole available roster and the current game economy just does not allow one to do that and get stuff like executions or effects without spending a lot of real money or literally playing the game 24 hours a day. I'm currently an overall Rep 76. My "main" is a Rep 13. I do not have a character out of the 16 available that is below Rep 1. If you play 10 matches of Duel in a row with me you won't see me use the same hero twice. That's just how I play the game. I wish I could, at least, trade some of my 500k in salvage for some steel.

They might as well give the effect out for free then. Because 5000 Steel is nothing.

If something is easily available for everyone then it loses its value.

Stahlrusse
10-25-2017, 12:57 AM
I wouldnt want another For Honor game from ubisoft because they'll likely **** it up just like this one as releasing betas at full price seems to be their new business model. I would rather see it or a clone like it come from another more reputable developer because the way Ubi has handled this game has been just sad. I've said it many times before but, the cash grab effect of this game is just sleezy and is so obvious to see in the game economy. If they wanted you to progress and collect all the things you want then your steel earnings wouldn't be so abysmally small and prices for items wouldn't be so high or at least it would balance out to be REASONABLE. I'm still pretty pissed off about what they're doing with the masks. costs as much as a mythic outfit (which is fair) and after the event will rise to 20k!? They are trying too hard to take peoples money with steal packs its like a repeat of PayDay 2.

You don't have to buy steel packs, you can grind. It is really that simple. Some people win the lottery, others have to work for money.

Deadly6amer
05-04-2018, 01:33 PM
There should be an interaction when two people attack in the same direction and at the same time in order to ingage a clash and you would have to spam a button or do a sequence of tasks in order to win the duel because I feel as if this game needs more interactive things or ways to win a fight.

Level_13
06-26-2018, 10:08 AM
How to save the game for honor.

To those who bought the game, a 20k retribution for the lost time that can not be recovered and a champion to choose the new and 5 exp tickets.
So we avoid many problems and people are happy and happy and do not feel that they lack respect, since everything is based on mutual respect.

Stop spamming skills. (It is solved with an extended period of time, if between attack and attack there are 10 seconds put 20 seconds of delay to reuse it.
People would learn to play without spamming skills and the quality of players would be more noticeable.

The minimum bugs like throwing an enemy into the fire and getting up quickly can be corrected.

Improved balance system. 1 rep. up to 10 rep. / 10 of rep to 20/20 of rep. up to 30 / And so on, in passing we avoid a big problem and in the process we make people enjoy the communication and experience when playing, since there would be no such abuse
like the rep56 + vs rep 1+ and a few bots); People would say that the pvp effect is fine and that it has an adequate balance at each level of reputation and not insulting by the opponent's game mode or abuse of armor and fighting techniques.

It is obvious that people who play with yostick have some advantage when fighting so the community that uses a PC console is frustrated or angry because the delay, between defense and ability, can not be spayed so fast.
one wants spam to be finished and to be more even, since the game is great and expects improvements from it. People who abuse the ability of the champion as the vanguard who stows 2 and puts a shoulder thrust, if you make that combo automatically you have to do another,
because this one you will not be able to do it again immediately with an autoperry or breaking guard. Since many players tend to do it, like the push of the conqueror or the stopping of orochi with the breakthrough and constantly spam that unique ability.

Thousands of problems can be avoided by solving some very simple and recurring requests from the community.
They do not need to make the game free, when they can continue to make a profit by repairing these minimal defects.

Remember that they use computers to create the game, not yotcick.
Put yourself in the shoes of others who were not born with a yotsick in the hand but with a mouse and a keyboard.

Regards!

PD: New ideas?
Add new factions, the world was full of them, if they mix who really cares? If we want to fight with honor and honor!
So be a ninja against a "Native American" or an Arab against a North American.
The world is very broad! If we go to remote ages we can find wrestling monks, thieves, Ilucionistas among others.

Year 700 onwards find good things

Arab, African troops, the people of India do not stay behind and there are very interesting weapons.
Visigoths, Egyptians, etc.
The world is very broad and everything happened at the same time.
Let the game evolve and justice be done.