PDA

View Full Version : Can we all agree that GB spam is tedious at least?

CoyoteXStarrk
10-22-2017, 06:07 AM
I see ALOT of threads here and VERY RARELY does this place ever agree on something, but can we just agree on this much at least? And I am not talking about GB period. I am just talking about the people who try and GB every 5 seconds during fights. It comepletely takes the challenge and fun out of the fight because it just becomes a coubter-GB fight until someone misses the timing or runs out of stamina.

Gonna fight an Orochi? Oh boy here comes the GB spam so he can get his overhead heavy

Gonna fight a LB? Oh boy here comes the GB spam so he can wall bang you

Gonna fight a Shugoki? Oh boy here comes the GB spam so he can try and bat you off the ledge behind you or get his free DE off a wall bump

Gonna fight a Warden? Oh boy here comes the GB cancels so he can start his shoulder spam

Gonna fight a Warlord? Oh boy here comes the GB spam so he can start shoving your butt around the map like its his job

Gonna fight ANYONE near an edge? Oh boy here comes the GB spam because CLEARLY its ledge kill or GTFO in that situation right?

The list goes on.

And once again not saying these moves are OP or not balanced etc etc I am saying its tedious when players ONLY go for these moves rather than use the rest of the characters moveset.

Can we at least agree that its tedious when this happens?

Netcode_err_404
10-22-2017, 12:31 PM
Lol

Halvtand
10-22-2017, 12:52 PM
Tedious, yes.
Frustrating when you do miss that one GB that you actually saw coming and you're forced to eat some damage, definitely.

Counterable? Yes. A light attack will always cancel a GB, and after that you can jump away and find a better situation to fight. What I think the problem is is that we as players are a bit stubborn, we don't want to run away from a fight even if it is in a really bad spot for us.

RatedChaotic
10-22-2017, 12:53 PM
I thank them for the free lights. If they are not a red nat warrior that is...

Netcode_err_404
10-22-2017, 01:21 PM
Tedious, yes.
Frustrating when you do miss that one GB that you actually saw coming and you're forced to eat some damage, definitely.

Counterable? Yes. A light attack will always cancel a GB, and after that you can jump away and find a better situation to fight. What I think the problem is is that we as players are a bit stubborn, we don't want to run away from a fight even if it is in a really bad spot for us.

Yeah, lol, i wish it was true.

ChampionRuby50g
10-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Best thing to do when fighting a GB spam happy opponent is to back them up to the ledge and watch them ledge themselves on your Counter GB. The following Wows! make it all worth it.

Helnekromancer
10-22-2017, 11:50 PM
Oh I just try to position myself so when I cgb they fall off a ledge. They can't rage at you for that, they pressed X first.

brashtralas
10-23-2017, 12:03 AM
Yeah, lol, i wish it was true.
Yep. Post timesnap I get gb through light attacks much like you can on a heavy. Itís annoying to see your character start an animation then get gb instead.

Netcode_err_404
10-23-2017, 12:46 AM
Yep. Post timesnap I get gb through light attacks much like you can on a heavy. It’s annoying to see your character start an animation on the get gb instead.

Yes precisely

Vakris_One
10-23-2017, 11:55 AM
1) Repeated GB spam is tedious but counterable. Throwing out GBs sparringly in the course of a fight adds a layer of strategy however.

2) GB spam is merely a sympton of the disease. The real problem is that at higher levels nobody can use their character's full kit because it will get you parried and punished or dodged and punished. There is no variety because parry is too powerful and so everybody only goes for safe moves and guarranteed damage. In the end it almost always ends up as a race to see who can spam the cheapest, safest moves the most.

HumoLoco
10-23-2017, 06:40 PM
Lol I agreed with that. They should nerf that and the wall combo the same way they nerfed centurion's wall combo. It's fair if they nerfed it they should nerf others.

bmason1000
10-23-2017, 09:40 PM
Best thing to do when fighting a GB spam happy opponent is to back them up to the ledge and watch them ledge themselves on your Counter GB. The following Wows! make it all worth it.yyyep.

ZealousCloud
10-24-2017, 03:44 AM
My first post. You should know what the heros next move will be, no matter what hero, if you have that much experience then you should expect any damn move from any damn character!. BTW negative nancy, you know that you can continue to hit the GB/CGB button as fast as you can BEFORE THE GB EVEN HAPPENS and it will still CGB?

ALL AND I MEAN ALL, of your ****ing stupid complaints boil down to you sucking at the game. I played alpha, beta, day 1, still play for 2 to 3 hours after work. I have 740 hours into these game mechanics. love this game! 99% of complaints are unpracticed bull****. Your "gank fest"? Play a different mode.. brawl gank? get out, play a different mode.. duel? ill play Orochi and gb spam, you gunna quit yet? Cant get out? play a different mode. Just go away dude, after 6 months of reading terrible non factual arguements because your bad at the game. I really like the way the community is going and communicating right now. You on the other hand, beat a dead god damn horse, over and over again because your cant learn the mechanics. If theres any way to rectify this, ill teach you how to play the damn game, as i know anyone in this community will. I have willingly gone out to teach people I have literraly dominated and told them x=z and y+x+z etc. Its a FIGHTING GAME. SPAM IS ALLOWED IN EVERY FIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it dude. Not even going to give you tips because since 2/14 youve been an *** and complain about ******** you cant deal with.
. Your the scrub, Watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTINcwxl0NU

ZealousCloud
10-24-2017, 03:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-65lUbvers

ChampionRuby50g
10-24-2017, 04:14 AM
My first post. You should know what the heros next move will be, no matter what hero, if you have that much experience then you should expect any damn move from any damn character!. BTW negative nancy, you know that you can continue to hit the GB/CGB button as fast as you can BEFORE THE GB EVEN HAPPENS and it will still CGB?

ALL AND I MEAN ALL, of your ****ing stupid complaints boil down to you sucking at the game. I played alpha, beta, day 1, still play for 2 to 3 hours after work. I have 740 hours into these game mechanics. love this game! 99% of complaints are unpracticed bull****. Your "gank fest"? Play a different mode.. brawl gank? get out, play a different mode.. duel? ill play Orochi and gb spam, you gunna quit yet? Cant get out? play a different mode. Just go away dude, after 6 months of reading terrible non factual arguements because your bad at the game. I really like the way the community is going and communicating right now. You on the other hand, beat a dead god damn horse, over and over again because your cant learn the mechanics. If theres any way to rectify this, ill teach you how to play the damn game, as i know anyone in this community will. I have willingly gone out to teach people I have literraly dominated and told them x=z and y+x+z etc. Its a FIGHTING GAME. SPAM IS ALLOWED IN EVERY FIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it dude. Not even going to give you tips because since 2/14 youve been an *** and complain about ******** you cant deal with.
. Your the scrub, Watch.

You say you really like the communication in the community at the moment, but in your very first post you proceed to be provocative and insulting to a member, instead of saying what you want to say in a reasonable manner. Don't be a hypocrite.

brashtralas
10-24-2017, 04:41 AM

. Your the scrub, Watch.

You are 100% incorrect. If I hit the gb before a cgb emblem appears, I get gb. Itís time snap, and itís console.

*youíre

And youíre kinda a ******.

Alustar.
10-24-2017, 10:57 PM

. Your the scrub, Watch.

Lol some people's kids

Just gonna put this out there, wild and blantantly asinine, and a Gary posts like this are a complete detriment to the community and it's ability to move forward productively.

Elitist attitudes like this only serve to further the discourse between players. Just cause you think you are "pro" doesn't actually mean anything.