PDA

View Full Version : Masks

Malzeigan
10-22-2017, 03:04 AM
Which factions masks do you guys like the most?

rastassin
10-22-2017, 04:35 AM
love the knight's screaming demon mask it is awesome, but dont like the viking's vodoo mask it is just not fitts with them. Samurai one also sweet.

Malzeigan
10-22-2017, 04:39 AM
I love the vikings mask. i have it on my warlord :)

CoyoteXStarrk
10-22-2017, 06:27 AM
As a Beserker main I HATE the Vikings mask. I have no idea why the Vikings get what is clearly a Voodoo mask on what is a warrior race based upon the Icelandic Vikings.

Why the hell do I have a Voodoo mask? There are PLENTY of examples of what Viking masks look like

For Example:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/48/18/62/481862d7179dc20ddf498b4c067ef439.jpg

All they had to do was put that in and then animate it like they did the others and it would have been ace,

Both the other masks are great and make sense.

Knights - Based on Medieval knights who were very religious so Demon mask suits them fine

Samurai - Based on traditional Asian depictions of demons and suits them fine.

Vikings - We get a Voodoo mask that looks like its more appropriate in Diablo 3 on the Witch Doctor than in anything having to do with Vikings.

CandleInTheDark
10-22-2017, 11:07 AM
The knights' is the first premium (as in 15,000 +) outfit I have bought, I really like that on the peacekeeper and have even kept the ornament (never found one of those I like on her either)

In terms of content, I am looking forward to having the werewolf emote on the berserker, I already have the wolf head so that will go well.

D-d0g56
10-22-2017, 02:51 PM
I have it on my highlander right now, with the antler horns it looks way better. More demonic than voodoo. I do think knights win it on this one though. Staring into the eyes of your enemy as a screaming skull using lawbies impale execution is sick AF.

Tundra 793
10-22-2017, 04:17 PM
Why the hell do I have a Voodoo mask? There are PLENTY of examples of what Viking masks look like

For Example

That mask isn't Viking though, It's from an Anglo-Saxon burial site.

Clearly the developers wanted to give the Vikings a unique superstition lore, going with some Voodoo variant. Or they just didn't know how use actual Viking age superstitions as a mask design.
If it helps, try looking at the bird skull as a representation of the raven, an important animal in Viking mythology.

Helnekromancer
10-22-2017, 07:12 PM
I like the Samurai helmets, wish I could get one for all my Samurais, but I love the Viking helmets, even when you execute someone crows appear on the body and I like crows. The mask will look great on my Valkyrie. :)

Halvtand
10-22-2017, 07:28 PM
Knights are the clear victors in this competition. Samurai are second and whatever the Vikings were doing... i don't know, It didn't fit at all.

Fairemont
10-23-2017, 02:25 AM
I'm just waiting over here for my Nigel Thornberry mask with its own execution effect of "SMASHING" in block letters and rainbows everytime I off someone's head.

Ulrichvonbek111
10-23-2017, 10:32 AM
That mask isn't Viking though, It's from an Anglo-Saxon burial site.

Clearly the developers wanted to give the Vikings a unique superstition lore, going with some Voodoo variant. Or they just didn't know how use actual Viking age superstitions as a mask design.
If it helps, try looking at the bird skull as a representation of the raven, an important animal in Viking mythology.

Huggin and Muninn are reporting back to Odin the extent of ones brown nosing.