PDA

View Full Version : PS4 - Not able to save at any point or reload an Autosave or normal save

LarsTheDevil
10-21-2017, 10:30 PM
After some gameplay the save / load option is getting greyed out and I am no longer possible to load or save from the options menu.

I can not reproduce this bug but I se the 'saving Icon' in the bottom right corner of the screen the whole time when this is happening.

Because of this I lost 3hrs+ of my gameplay :-/

Darketernal006
10-23-2017, 07:25 PM
I have the same issue.

For me, it has been consistently happening right after the "Civil War 2" mission. I noticed it happening right away the second time because I was wary. The first time it happened I was on a gaming bender (because this game is otherwise great) and I didn't notice it until deep in...I lost 8 hours of play time.

I really want to play this game but I can't until this is corrected.

UserRequired4
10-24-2017, 01:22 AM
I have the same issue.

For me, it has been consistently happening right after the "Civil War 2" mission. I noticed it happening right away the second time because I was wary. The first time it happened I was on a gaming bender (because this game is otherwise great) and I didn't notice it until deep in...I lost 8 hours of play time.

I really want to play this game but I can't until this is corrected.

I am having the same problem, I lost 4 hours, this is a frustrating bug

UserRequired4
10-24-2017, 03:44 AM
This problem happened again, and it happened after my internet dipped out for a minute, maybe it has something to do with connectivity?

LarsTheDevil
10-25-2017, 03:24 PM
This problem happened again, and it happened after my internet dipped out for a minute, maybe it has something to do with connectivity?

Yeah I noticed the same issue. When getting nagged that there is no connection to Club Ubi or the internet I get this 'save problem' - also the icon for 'saving in progress' will be always active and spinning.

Stormkiller1972
10-25-2017, 10:16 PM
I'm having a similar issue and it seems to have started around the same place in the story as you all.
I am also getting the 'disconnected from server' PS4 error message, in which I select 'OK' then get back in-game, to see the save icon spinning continuously.
Upon checking the pause menu, I see the options to 'save', 'load', and 'Exit to main menu' are greyed out and unusable.

toothpickw
10-25-2017, 11:08 PM
Same problem here. I just streamed the game for 3 hours on Twitch, and kept getting the message that the server can't be reached. The save icon was in the bottom right the whole time, and after I ended the stream, I closed and relaunched the game to find out that none of my progress had been saved.

Here's the link to the VOD to see what was going on, in case any Ubisoft employee checks these forums.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/185047029

UbiFluouise
10-26-2017, 01:46 AM
Hello to everyone! The community has reached out to us about this issue ad our team is aware that this has been a problem for players on PS4 as well as XBOX One. We have been investigating this further and our team will have a fix for this coming in the next update. We apologize for any inconvenience at this time and would like to encourage anyone that has been effected by this to reach out to our technical support team (https://support.ubi.com/Cases/New) if there is any information regarding this that you'd like to share with our team. Otherwise, know our team is working on this and keep an eye on the South Park: Fractured But Whole site (https://southpark.ubisoft.com/game/home/) for more information about the update when it becomes available.

SourceVirus
10-26-2017, 04:16 PM
Same thing happened to me. Good thing I was able to clip the gameplay when it happened. Link below. The auto-save icon kept blinking making it unable for me to save manually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyjLwWCe4Dg

Appleyard77
10-26-2017, 09:38 PM
I really like this game, but I lost 5-6 hours worth of progress because I couldn't connect to the Ubisoft servers last night, and it wouldn't let me save the game manually. Hell, the game wouldn't even auto-save during that time period. I did all of the quests for collectibles and whatnot yesterday, and now it's all lost. I can't even motivate myself to do it all over again. I don't want to sound dramatic, but it's issues like these that are the reason why I generally try to avoid purchasing Ubisoft games. I've had server issues with every single Ubisoft game I've played over the past decade, that had anything to do with having to be connected to the internet. Awful, awful company that seem like they're trying to compete with EA and Activision for the title of being the most money-grubbing, capitalistic asshats the gaming world has ever seen.

Appleyard77
10-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Ubi-Paws: It's good that there's going to be a fix for this issue, but how the hell did the tech team not see this coming? This is why the gaming community in general, do not want this kind of always online requirement. I just can't understand why this is something that has to be fixed after the game has already been released.

paulobueno2011
10-26-2017, 11:10 PM
I would like to know if I am going to keep the game progress when the actualization arrive.