PDA

View Full Version : What/when are the defense meta changes?

DoctorMcBatman
10-20-2017, 03:47 PM
This has been talked about officially here and there for a while, a few months at least. My understanding is that minor changes are rolled out with each patch, with the intention of having major change in a big patch at some point in the future.

Is there any way a mod/staff member can codify exactly what/when things will happen? Turtling is essentially unchanged from release; the meta changes that have been instituted thus far have been minor, and haven't really made 'attack' more rewarding than 'defense.'

I know the FH team is working on a lot of things, but I'm getting really tired of fighting against the "I'm going to sit back and block everything until: A). I get a parry opportunity, B). my enemy runs out of stamina or C). we get near a wall/ledge" play style. For Conq I sort of get, what else can that class do? Not much. But Shug, WL, Raider, Nobushi, Warden, etc. have other options.

FredEx919
10-20-2017, 04:38 PM
There's not a set date at the moment, but it's coming. There's been a lot of great progress on this and hopefully we'll have the updated news for everyone soon. We haven't forgot about it, but It's a huge change to the game mechanics and has taken a lot of time to work on.

DoctorMcBatman
10-20-2017, 04:54 PM
There's not a set date at the moment, but it's coming. There's been a lot of great progress on this and hopefully we'll have the updated news for everyone soon. We haven't forgot about it, but It's a huge change to the game mechanics and has taken a lot of time to work on.

Fair enough. Thanks for at least confirming it's a "huge change to the game mechanics" and still being worked on. I'm normally not a proponent of change in life (perhaps a personality flaw?), but in FH I am eager for it!

Netcode_err_404
10-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Fair enough. Thanks for at least confirming it's a "huge change to the game mechanics" and still being worked on. I'm normally not a proponent of change in life (perhaps a personality flaw?), but in FH I am eager for it!

Lets just hope he speaks the truth and it is not something he was told to write for convenience

gj4063
10-20-2017, 06:01 PM
On console, I'm more concerned with light spam meta.

brashtralas
10-20-2017, 07:58 PM
On console, I'm more concerned with light spam meta.

Bingo. They donít seem to realize that theyíre trading one meta for another(possibly worse). Assassins have become so prevalent on console that the thought of making them even more viable is mind boggling.

I suspect the new meta changes will eradicate the heavy/heavy hybrid classes except for those of us that are already masochists(conquerors).

Attacks are so unpredictable and fast on console right now that I canít imagine the game surviving a defensive meta patch.

Devils-_-legacy
10-20-2017, 08:24 PM
That's a separate issue I agree lights on console are terrible but shouldn't get a guaranted heavy from a parry game has just became parry gb heavy rinse repeate

brashtralas
10-20-2017, 10:28 PM
That's a separate issue I agree lights on console are terrible but shouldn't get a guaranted heavy from a parry game has just became parry gb heavy rinse repeate

Thatís pretty much the only way slow classes get damage. So I think it actually is the same issue.