PDA

View Full Version : "Feast of the Otherworld" Exclusive Loot Drop Frequency

thornh
10-20-2017, 02:31 PM
I played for about 2 hours straight last night, completed all of my orders, etc. and got one of the exclusive loot drops. (Berserker emote effect)

How has everyone else done acquiring this loot?

Have you had more luck in a particular mode?

Ubi, if your gear slots are maxed out will you still get the exclusive loot drops? (I occasionally forget to check gear slot availability and get maxed out. We need more than 60 slots!)

Just curious if my experience is common. If so, Ubi can you increase the exclusive loot drop rate please?

SenBotsu893
10-20-2017, 02:42 PM
i did exactly the same as you. just done my orders and got actually a lot of these drops.

at least 4 ornaments, shugoki and valkyrie mood, and if i recall correctly a outfit/color sceem?

RatedChaotic
10-20-2017, 02:45 PM
I got 3 in 20 matches. Brawls is what I was running.

thornh
10-20-2017, 03:20 PM
Hopefully I'll have better luck tonight.

Malyngo
10-20-2017, 03:41 PM
Do you have Champion Status?
I guess this will increase chances also for these drops.
From my experience with the normal loot, chances are much better if Champion status is active, and I guess this will apply here, too.

thornh
10-20-2017, 03:51 PM
Do you have Champion Status?
I guess this will increase chances also for these drops.
From my experience with the normal loot, chances are much better if Champion status is active, and I guess this will apply here, too.

Yes, I have champion status. My picture will NEVER appear next to the work Luck. Ever. Just want to make sure it's just me.

bmason1000
10-20-2017, 06:00 PM
All I've gotten are effects. I've done duel, dominion and march, easily 10 matches of each.

BudgetParrot118
10-20-2017, 06:41 PM
So I played a lot in my honest complaint is I keep getting drops for characters that I haven't even bought I keep getting everything for Shinobi Gladiator and Century on now I own the Highlander I bought him and I have not had one drop for him and it's very frustrating it's outright insane I'm not saying I was expecting it to just pop up everything I wanted but this constant dropping Century on and Gladiator and Shinobi stuff which is clearly characters I don't have is kind of messed up

ttrat
10-20-2017, 06:52 PM
Think I read somewhere that this first week outfits and effects are only drops. Then next week it's a new execution and the following week it's a new emote, or something along those lines. One per character. Can't remember where I read this, but seemed official...

Devils-_-legacy
10-20-2017, 06:52 PM
So I played a lot in my honest complaint is I keep getting drops for characters that I haven't even bought I keep getting everything for Shinobi Gladiator and Century on now I own the Highlander I bought him and I have not had one drop for him and it's very frustrating it's outright insane I'm not saying I was expecting it to just pop up everything I wanted but this constant dropping Century on and Gladiator and Shinobi stuff which is clearly characters I don't have is kind of messed up

I've had the same issue found 6 things in total all for hero's I don't own

RealJayDee1984
10-20-2017, 07:21 PM
Haven't played the Halloween Event yet, but I had this with the duel tournament thingy. 80-90% of what I got was for my three least played characters. Guess it could motivate me to give them a try, but it just lead to me not playing anymore.

DoctorMcBatman
10-20-2017, 07:33 PM
/facepalm

After receiving multitudes of feedback about ranked duel that players don't like receiving random rewards for heroes they don't own/don't desire to play... the new mode follows the same, flawed reward model.

A+

Tundra 793
10-20-2017, 07:44 PM
For some reason, I've never gotten a Halloween loot drop in anything but the Endless March mode. Luckily I enjoy it enough to not mind grinding it out. The drop rates are also quite reasonable, I've gotten like 4-5 of the effects for a variety of characters, and 1 outfit so far. Considering we have 2 weeks to try and get the drops I don't mind the RNG game so much.

TioKeir
10-20-2017, 08:59 PM
I have 4 outfits, effects, ornaments. I play Dominion and drops are pretty often. Just one question: They showed Warden with 3 different outfits. So do we get 3 outfits for each hero or just 1 and those were like different versions of it?

Halvtand
10-20-2017, 09:02 PM
I got something in my first three games, then the drops slowed down. It is a bit depressing that the drops are random and not only for your chosen character.

BLooMeaT
10-20-2017, 10:45 PM
Does it drop only in pvp matchs? I have 10\10 disconects, so i will got nothings from pve?

ChampionRuby50g
10-20-2017, 10:48 PM
/facepalm

After receiving multitudes of feedback about ranked duel that players don't like receiving random rewards for heroes they don't own/don't desire to play... the new mode follows the same, flawed reward model.

A+

Exactly what I thought. Imagine my reaction when I got the effect for Shinobi three times before I got it for Warden. I got maybe 10 loot drops yesterday, one was for a hero I play.

TioKeir
10-20-2017, 11:12 PM
PvE works too

Graci0us
10-21-2017, 04:44 AM
Imo, this is a bit too much rng for a community event that is a thank you for the players that actually still play the game. 16 characters have 5 possible drops. Idle, execution, and emote effects. Ornament and battle outfit. If you recieved loot for the character that you you play, this isn't a big deal, but to have 80 event drop possibilities is not very cool, to put it nicely. That's if you even get a drop in the first place.

Tundra 793
10-21-2017, 04:53 AM
Imo, this is a bit too much rng for a community event that is a thank you for the players that actually still play the game. 16 characters have 5 possible drops. Idle, execution, and emote effects. Ornament and battle outfit. If you recieved loot for the character that you you play, this isn't a big deal, but to have 80 event drop possibilities is not very cool, to put it nicely. That's if you even get a drop in the first place.

But factor in you have 14 days to pray to RNGesus for the drops you want. Champion said he'd gotten 10 drops in a day, so that's theoretically 2 whole heroes no with drops, improving your odds daily of getting exactly the right drops for the right hero.
And of course, it's all free loot. I can't get upset over free loot. It's free after all. Who doesn't like free loot?

CoyoteXStarrk
10-21-2017, 05:55 AM
I played 2 hours last night and got the Nobushi shadow hands thing effect, LB outfit, and Beserker outfit.

So either I got stupidly lucky or it truly is just random as hell.

vgrimr_J
10-21-2017, 09:00 AM
i play almost only dominion and i have the outfit for everyone expect warden and shugoki. effect is a rare one to me it seems like i cant get it

matt89connor
10-21-2017, 09:24 AM
i found 7 effects 1 ornament and 1 outfit, in 8 hours of gameplay (beetween yesterday and thursday)....but i do many duel and brawl...

Vakris_One
10-21-2017, 05:42 PM
But factor in you have 14 days to pray to RNGesus for the drops you want. Champion said he'd gotten 10 drops in a day, so that's theoretically 2 whole heroes no with drops, improving your odds daily of getting exactly the right drops for the right hero.
And of course, it's all free loot. I can't get upset over free loot. It's free after all. Who doesn't like free loot?
Multi-layered RNG is never nice regardless whether the drops are free or not. They could have just as easily removed that extra layer of RNG on top of the RNG (i.e. either make drops more likely for the character you're currently playing or keep the drops for random chatacters but package the emotes into one drop that nets you all 3 emotes for one random character) and nobody would be complaining. Similarly they could make a trade system whereby the player can trade an item for a character they don't play and recieve an item for a character of their choice.

UbiJurassic
10-21-2017, 06:54 PM
I played for about 2 hours straight last night, completed all of my orders, etc. and got one of the exclusive loot drops. (Berserker emote effect)

How has everyone else done acquiring this loot?

Have you had more luck in a particular mode?

Ubi, if your gear slots are maxed out will you still get the exclusive loot drops? (I occasionally forget to check gear slot availability and get maxed out. We need more than 60 slots!)

Just curious if my experience is common. If so, Ubi can you increase the exclusive loot drop rate please?

If all 60 gear slots are full, that should only effect the potential gear that would drop for you after a match. Effects and ornaments from the event should still drop. Just in case though, I would suggest you free up some slots on your heroes.

sarkanoth
10-22-2017, 03:46 AM
Seems people are luckier than me got on today for first time since this Halloween event started and have played for about 3 hrs and have not got single halloween item at all on xbox one. I only play vs Ai as I find it more relaxing to play and have played both brawl and dominion.

MixedRawMeat
10-22-2017, 09:45 AM
You don't get drops when playing PVE with matchmaking off, which is kinda sad imo.
I usually don't like playing with other players at all and I already have to deal with getting less XP from matches and now no special loot too.

Devils-_-legacy
10-22-2017, 05:18 PM
I've got every heros effect just need 2 outfits and all ornaments I found 2 but both are for heros i havnt unlocked

RatedChaotic
10-22-2017, 05:28 PM
You don't get drops when playing PVE with matchmaking off, which is kinda sad imo.
I usually don't like playing with other players at all and I already have to deal with getting less XP from matches and now no special loot too.

Ya I was pissed about that aswell. It says you can get them in pvai modes except duels. But thats not true. I did brawls without matchmaking most of yesterday. I didnt receive a single event item. So went to brawls with matchmaking I started to get them but the amount of players with red nats is so overwhelming its just not fun even when they are on your team. The event loot should be available in all aspects of the game. Not just the crappy multiplayer.

BLooMeaT
10-22-2017, 10:39 PM
The game still don't work with matchmaking "on". Loot don't drop in solo mod -_- . Awesome. I see so many **** in this game, but it's really painfull.

Kliftheone
10-22-2017, 10:45 PM
I see a lot of the same question on here and to clarify a few things that were mentioned in the Warrior`s Den stream last week.

- The only mode you do NOT get loot from is 1v1 PvAI (PvE), this is the same for normal loot drops, but, also for the event drops.
- Again, you get event drops from any mode EXCEPT 1v1 PvAI (PvE)
- The event last two weeks and you will be able to get these drops in the entirety of this time frame.
- I presume this follows the same rules as all rewards in this game, meaning, you will get about the same amount of drops from all modes and it is time-based. This means that Dominion will have the highest drop chance per game since they last longer than let's say, duels. (PvAI/PvE) have lower drop chances.

Now, for me personally I feel like I have about a 75% drop chance of the event items, I mostly play PvP Dominion and have Champion Status. I now have most event drops just missing a few here and there. I would personally prefer if they had lowered the drop chance and made it so it only drops for the character you play as. For me this would make it more "unique" as a lot of people would prioritize away some characters, but, this would also encourage people to play more characters if they want the reward on more than their "mains".

I do hope this made a few of the repeated questions in here are a bit more understandable.

MixedRawMeat
10-23-2017, 01:10 AM
You don't get them with matchmaking off.

iAlwaysL0se
10-23-2017, 03:26 AM
i played for maybe 4 hours and got quite a few pulled under emotes for a bunch of characters I dont use, 2 outfits, and I think 3 ornaments. The effects seems to drop more than anything for me. I've had a few duplicates which also sucks cus this game is already grindy enough. Do these effects come for the newer heros too? I haven't got one effect or ornament or outfit for them but you can buy a mask for them.. RNGesus be with us!

sarkanoth
10-23-2017, 03:27 AM
From my experience I agree with mixedrawmeat I play solo pve with champ status. I play 2-3 hrs when I can and have as yet not seen a single halloween item so it seems matchmaking off has 0 chance to drop them.

phunkyprodigy
10-23-2017, 04:12 AM
I think got drops from 14 matches out of 20. Had a free champ status on as well.

Also, the Soul Eater mask in general and especially on the (female) Orochi looks way too big.

Kliftheone
10-23-2017, 01:59 PM
the Soul Eater mask in general and especially on the (female) Orochi looks way too big.

Agreed.

RatedChaotic
10-23-2017, 02:03 PM
I see a lot of the same question on here and to clarify a few things that were mentioned in the Warrior`s Den stream last week.

- The only mode you do NOT get loot from is 1v1 PvAI (PvE), this is the same for normal loot drops, but, also for the event drops.
- Again, you get event drops from any mode EXCEPT 1v1 PvAI (PvE)
- The event last two weeks and you will be able to get these drops in the entirety of this time frame.
- I presume this follows the same rules as all rewards in this game, meaning, you will get about the same amount of drops from all modes and it is time-based. This means that Dominion will have the highest drop chance per game since they last longer than let's say, duels. (PvAI/PvE) have lower drop chances.

Now, for me personally I feel like I have about a 75% drop chance of the event items, I mostly play PvP Dominion and have Champion Status. I now have most event drops just missing a few here and there. I would personally prefer if they had lowered the drop chance and made it so it only drops for the character you play as. For me this would make it more "unique" as a lot of people would prioritize away some characters, but, this would also encourage people to play more characters if they want the reward on more than their "mains".

I do hope this made a few of the repeated questions in here are a bit more understandable.

Again.....You dont get them in pvai without matchmaking at all. Not in any mode. So thats not true. Dont believe everything you hear on there. Most of the time they dont know everything. They probly werent even aware of the no matchmaking event loot. I farm them in brawls vs AI with matchmaking. With all the Red Nats running around I try to be with as few players as possible. Hell even most of those brawls have red nat player. Thank god they are on my team.

Sneaky-Patches
10-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Pretty gutted, one time I book some holidays ubi drop a ton of exclusive free loot. The day I get back from holidays is the day the event ends. Only got to play today before I go and I played all day, got about 20 items and not one for the character I play...

Are they adding an exclusive execution to the event aswell? I heard they were adding more stuff next week too..

Somebody play me out with a small violin... ;(

Kliftheone
10-23-2017, 10:20 PM
Again.....You dont get them in pvai without matchmaking at all. Not in any mode. So thats not true. Dont believe everything you hear on there. Most of the time they dont know everything. They probly werent even aware of the no matchmaking event loot. I farm them in brawls vs AI with matchmaking. With all the Red Nats running around I try to be with a few players as possible. Hell even most of those brawls have red nat player. Thank god they are on my team.

I have not tested this myself so I won't say, they, however, said that only duels were excluded (PvAI). For me, I`ve tested Dominion PvAI and there you get drops. I usually do a few PvAI Dominions if I get several disconnects in a row. So that at least works just fine. As for Brawls, I will not say other than referring to what For Honor team announced, if you know for a fact that you can`t get those in PvAI Brawl then I`ll take your word for it. I can`t test it myself since I`ve gotten all the event drops for all characters now.

MixedRawMeat
10-24-2017, 01:27 AM
read : WITH MATCHMAKING OFF

AkenoKobayashi
10-24-2017, 09:04 PM
I have only one Samurai effect and ornament. The rest have been for Knights. :x Not like my Rep 19 Kensei deserves more pampering or anything.

Chumlonious005
10-25-2017, 10:51 PM
I got everything without noticing