PDA

View Full Version : Cannot start combat for: Escape Shady Acres (neverending loading screen)

XOteric
10-20-2017, 03:49 AM
Where it usually tells me to use the action button to proceed to the combat scene, "Escape Shady Acres." Instead I see a perpetually rotating dying pac-man, and hitting the action button does nothing. It won't load the scene.
Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
What might be wrong?

mavrickilana
10-20-2017, 06:37 AM
I am also having this problem and have no other quests to complete. Desperate for a fix.

Ubi-Holz
10-20-2017, 01:20 PM
hello guys,

We've had some reports of this and it's been passed on to be looked into.

For the moment some users found that if you Skip the Cutscene that comes before this encounter then it will allow the combat to start.

Thank you

PsYk0FiRE
10-20-2017, 08:05 PM
Please get this fixed now!

silentharley
10-20-2017, 08:13 PM
Yeah I've tried skipping, putting steam and uplay in offline mode, nothings really working :/

damontq
10-20-2017, 09:55 PM
Anny news?

michmash123
10-20-2017, 10:12 PM
Playing on PC and i can\t get passed the loading screen :( any news on it getting fixed? i want to keep playing! HELP

ElDiablowed
10-20-2017, 10:25 PM
Tried uninstalling I have had this issue with another mission but it fixed itself. I have been stuck on this mission for the past day and have done everything else I can in the game and really want to play this game!!!

Cybrawler253
10-22-2017, 02:28 AM
The same issue's happening to me on the Uplay PC version of the game. I tried closing out and restarting the game multiple times. I tried shutting down and refreshing my computer. I even tried a few of your tips, such as Alt+Tab, skipping the cutscene, and fighting the police outside Token's house. Nothing seems to work. I want so badly to play more of this game, but I'm worried that this will prevent me from ever beating it. I just got Mysterion too, and he's my favorite... ;-;

PaulBP
10-22-2017, 02:54 AM
Yeah, I really hope that someone finds out how to fix this. I've tried so many thin gs to try to get it to work :(

DrPeakock
10-22-2017, 01:19 PM
What worked for me was, i skipped the cutscene right after your "fart" performance and right before combat. After doing this the combat button loaded in for me. Hope this works

Sezzrenity
10-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Just ran into this issue, skipping doesn't help anyone have any news on a patch for it?

Smashley0014
10-22-2017, 03:31 PM
tried everyones suggestions nothing has worked.

coderks
10-23-2017, 05:10 PM
I've had the same issue and have yet to getting across it but things I've heard that worked for other people if it may help you

Booting up the game via Uplay
Changing process priority to high
Skipping the cutscenes prior to combat
Doing the other missions first
Changing your powers in the menu
Alternating between windowed and fullscreen
Changing display graphics to low

While none of these helped me I hope it can be of use to other people! Hopefully the issue is fixed soon.

RedLilSleepy
10-23-2017, 07:51 PM
Just skip the cutscene i think the loading thing was a joke because youre fighting old people, i skipped the cutscene 3 times and it fixed the issue each time/

ElyelSouza
10-25-2017, 04:25 AM
poxa vida , todo mundo fala pra pular a catcyne mas ninguém fala qual botão tem que apertar meu Deus , falem os botões pra apertar , caramba

wendy2963
10-28-2017, 09:35 PM
Like many others I am also stuck on the escape shady acres battle. The battle will not load.

I have tried all of the following:

Skip the cutscene, close uPlay and Steam, restart both, start from uPlay, start from Steam, start from the EXE, press Alt+Esc, change the screen resolution, switch to windowed mode, Alt+Enter

1. Disabling background applications:
2. Clearing temporary files
3. Made sure the drivers for my video card, sound card, motherboard and processor are up-to-date.
4. Made sure that any antivirus or firewall software on my system was disabled. (this one makes no sense though. If the firewall were blocking the game i wouldnt have been able to play at all. It wouldnt just block one battle)
5. Installed Windows Updates:
Disabled all overlay or DirectX hooking software before launching the game.

Nothing has worked and i cannot progress in the game. It's very disappointing. Please provide an update to the game that will fix this bug. The game wasn't cheap and it's disappointing to not be able to play it.

Greetard1
10-29-2017, 07:04 AM
Iwould like to say that even a week after this post and after playing the game on the uplay account, beating the cop a token's, completing every other side quest, doing everything from deleting temporary files, updating my computer, reducing and increasing my graphics, skipping the dialouge at the end of the concert, and deleting the game settings; all of which were recommended to me, I am still unable to progress my game past the shady acres and, as a side note, I am also a victim of the blackscreen of deathfrom launch so knowing you fixed that I'm also waiting for this to be fixed.

bealor91
10-30-2017, 04:29 PM
I also have this issue. I've tried everything I could find on how to fix it. Skip the cut scene, alt-tab click to another window, play in windowed mode, lower the resolution, started from steam and u-play, deleted files, disabled background applications, made sure my computer and graphics card are updated, turned off the firewall, changed the characters skin color, completed side quests, made the burrito and so on. Nothing works! I've been stuck like this for several days now..

I heard a rumor about laptops not being supported. But that doesn't make sense? Besides a few graphic glitches it's been running fine, until now.. Also why ignore lots of customers just because they have laptops.

michalnovak12
10-30-2017, 07:39 PM
I bought Fractured but whole week ago and this is really sad. I have laptop too and of course, the same problem - i´ve tried everything to solve it, but nothing helped :( GOLD Stick of Truth. Now, all what i can do is watching let´s play on Youtube...

DapperMaiden
10-30-2017, 10:58 PM
I'm also playing on a laptop.

About to hit the 2 week mark from when I first encountered this issue. I've spent hours trying to bypass this issue with suggestions from the community, and even more time scouring the forums for updates. Every time I contact support all I'm ever told is "there are no updates". But what really upsets me is the fact that the issue hasn't been acknowledged on the "Known Issues" at all, which leads me to believe that there isn't a fix coming anytime soon.

I love South Park, and I really want to love this game but after all of this, I wish I'd never bought the game at all. Waste of $60. Even when (if) I'm able to play it again. All the time I've wasted hardly makes it worth it.

celticbum
10-31-2017, 07:17 PM
After trying many solutions found in many forums (steam, Uplay, etc.) I guess the only solution is to ask for a refund. Too bad, I was really enjoying this game. Doesn't seem like Uplay cares too much. Well if we all ask for a refund maybe it will help.

michalnovak12
10-31-2017, 07:21 PM
Same as you...

AustarusIV
11-01-2017, 02:36 AM
I managed to fix it by disabling all the startup applications on my laptop as well as pressing "alt + enter" immediately during the cutscene where the seniors realize you're the Farting Vigilante (it's advised that you DON'T skip the cutscene after doing this).

I got the former advice from Ubisoft support and the latter from looking at the Steam forums. Here's what Ubisoft sent to me in my email:

Please try disabling any startup applications or services that could be causing a conflict with the game itself.

Using the Selective Startup option, you can turn services and startup programs on or off individually to see if the problem occurs the next time you restart your computer. If you select a check box, the service or startup program will run when you restart Windows. If the check box is cleared, the service or startup program will not run when you restart the computer. Please follow the steps below depending on which version of Windows you are running. Once complete, skip to the final step for identifying the root cause.

Windows 8 / 10:

1. From the Windows Start, search for msconfig.
2. Select System Configuration / msconfig.exe from the search results.
3. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, then click Disable all.
4. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click Open Task Manager.
5. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item then click Disable.
6. Close Task Manager.
7. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click OK, then restart the computer.

More detailed steps can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Identify the system service that is causing the problem:

a. Click the Services tab, click Disable all, select the check box for the first service that is listed then restart the computer. If the problem does not occur then you can eliminate the first service as the cause of the problem.
b. With the first service selected, select the second service check box, then restart the computer.
c. Repeat this process until you reproduce the problem. If you cannot reproduce the problem then you can eliminate system services as the cause of the problem. Perform the following task:

Identify the startup item that is causing the problem:

a. Click the General tab, and select the Load startup items check box.
b. Click the Startup tab, click Disable all, select the check box for the first startup item that is listed then restart the computer. If the problem does not occur then you can eliminate the first startup item as the cause of the problem.
c. With the first startup item selected, select the second startup item check box and restart the computer. Repeat this process until you reproduce the problem.

More details on troubleshooting in clean boot can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135#bookmark-what%20is%20causing%20the%20issue

System Configuration is intended to find and isolate problems, but it is not meant as a startup management program.
To permanently remove or turn off programs or services that run at startup, please see the following link:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uninstall-change-program#uninstall-change-program=windows-7

I did both of them while I was unsure which one was the right trick, but regardless, I managed to start the fight.

DapperMaiden
11-01-2017, 07:30 AM
I managed to fix it by disabling all the startup applications on my laptop as well as pressing "alt + enter" immediately during the cutscene where the seniors realize you're the Farting Vigilante (it's advised that you DON'T skip the cutscene after doing this).

I got the former advice from Ubisoft support and the latter from looking at the Steam forums. Here's what Ubisoft sent to me in my email:

I did both of them while I was unsure which one was the right trick, but regardless, I managed to start the fight.

Darn, I was really hopeful about this working for me, but it didn't. Thanks for sharing anyway! Guess it's back to waiting for Ubisoft to patch it.

AustarusIV
11-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Did you switch to windowed mode when you pressed "alt+enter" during the cutscene? Because that was part of the procedure in the post I read. Also, the post mentioned something about also opening their folders icon after switching to windowed mode, which caused the game to stop responding momentarily until the fight option appeared on the preparations screen. I didn't do that during my successful attempt to fix the bug, but I suppose it's worth trying out.

Regardless, I'm really sorry to hear that my solution didn't work for you. Hopefully this issue does get fixed for everyone else here.

DapperMaiden
11-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Did you switch to windowed mode when you pressed "alt+enter" during the cutscene? Because that was part of the procedure in the post I read. Also, the post mentioned something about also opening their folders icon after switching to windowed mode, which caused the game to stop responding momentarily until the fight option appeared on the preparations screen. I didn't do that during my successful attempt to fix the bug, but I suppose it's worth trying out.

Regardless, I'm really sorry to hear that my solution didn't work for you. Hopefully this issue does get fixed for everyone else here.

I was already in windowed mode when I first tried (from getting past the black screen issue). But I tried doing it from fullscreen as well. Still no luck unfortunately.

michalnovak12
11-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Guys, I´ve tried everything and nothing helped me. But now i found one solution - install Microsoft Visual C++. It helped me! :) Try it :)

fairygodmom
11-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Im having the same endless cycle of "loading". No action can be taken now. Ive done everything in the game, thinking maybe of I leveled more, changed my powers, reloaded my computer, reinstalled the game...and....NADDA! So, its either a "UPlay" issue, which I doubt since people on game boxes are also exp. the same thing, or more than likely it is the game itself that the "South Park FBW" techs need to fix, and quick, or with all these errors out on social media, they might see a drop in sales. Sad to spend $60 on something you cant really play.....

WitchfulThinker
11-05-2017, 07:22 PM
It's seriously been at least a week since I first encountered this problem and it still isn't on the list of known issues, and there hasn't been a patch. This is really annoying and reading about the fact that other users have been dealing with it for almost a month makes me feel even worse about the problem. I just contacted customer support today, after days of trying to fix the issue on my own and praying for a patch. Come on, Ubisoft. You can do so much better than this. I gave you my cash, you need to give me a valid ****ing solution so I can play my game.

arcanevillain
11-06-2017, 02:41 AM
I also have this problem. I'm comment to hopefully see a solution someone posts.

MasterSothar
11-08-2017, 05:29 AM
I too am having this issue, Ive done all the things that are suggested. Is there any way that we can get an update on whats going on with this? I even heard rumors that it was some kind of joke because of fighting old people and so it takes a long time, well I let it sit and wait for over an hour and it NEVER came up there has to be something broken somewhere and it is odd that this is the ONLY fight in the game that has an issue.

geogal12
11-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Any news or updates on the next patch on whether or not this is being fixed? I really want to play this game, and if it's not done within the next week, I will definitely be asking for a refund.

jjanke
11-12-2017, 04:30 AM
Have the same problem at Shady Acres. no solution

forskatan666
11-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Been stuck on this escape from shady acres loading screen for 2 weeks now, tried every suggestion to fix with no avail and with no updates as to when it'll be fixed. This is literally a game breaking bug since I have nothing else to continue on in the game until this is completed. Ubisoft is doing a terrible job with this game release, and I'm about ready to ask for a complete refund off steam. I've been loving the game up to this point, and have had 3 different copies of stick of truth across 3 different platforms/consoles because of how much I enjoyed it, but this is just sad and unprofessional.

ZodiacZetch
11-13-2017, 02:17 AM
I've looked into information on how to prevent the never enging loading screen when a battle is starting and nothing has worked. I tried skipping the cut scenes, redownloding the game, going offline mode and nothing has worked. I don't want to stop playing the game because I can't go through the storyline anymore. I love this game very much and would like to finish this. Please look in to this issure when you have the time.