PDA

View Full Version : Back from Germany.

D-XXI
08-04-2004, 02:29 PM
I've been on holiday with the family to the Mosel-valley in Germany. There I visited an aircraft museum in Hermeskeil near Trier.

It was very nice. They have a lot of american and russian made jets and helicopters. Most impressive to me were the Mil Mi-6 (still the biggest helicopter?) and the Mil Mi-24.
There's also a Concorde in which they have made a restaurant. Not much WWII stuff (Bf-108,Ju-52, C-47 and He-111). Inside they have a couple of original instrumentpanels from german WWII planes. The IL-2 cockpits are really realistic, I can tell now.

If you've got the chance, it's certainly worth spending some hours there.

BTW I was glad to see the patch arrived during my absence.

D-XXI
08-04-2004, 02:29 PM
I've been on holiday with the family to the Mosel-valley in Germany. There I visited an aircraft museum in Hermeskeil near Trier.

It was very nice. They have a lot of american and russian made jets and helicopters. Most impressive to me were the Mil Mi-6 (still the biggest helicopter?) and the Mil Mi-24.
There's also a Concorde in which they have made a restaurant. Not much WWII stuff (Bf-108,Ju-52, C-47 and He-111). Inside they have a couple of original instrumentpanels from german WWII planes. The IL-2 cockpits are really realistic, I can tell now.

If you've got the chance, it's certainly worth spending some hours there.

BTW I was glad to see the patch arrived during my absence.