PDA

View Full Version : Endless March - Feedback

Illyrian_King
10-20-2017, 12:02 AM
I played about 12 matches now and I must say, this is really well done Ubi :cool:

For the very first time I really feel supported by an "army" ... eventhough the damage is maybe a little little too harsh. Maybe 10Dmg instead of 14Dmg would be perfect, because it's so dumb to run into 20 minions and carnaging them :confused:

Also considering how much the "Kill Count" Ability gives you back of a zoneattack.

The matter of the "Soft Points" from a captured zone, is more realistic then the current Dominion system. Winning a battle by camping in a zone instead of actually defeating the army is strange. When the army is mainly beaten, you can go for the strategic points "to give them the rest". But some players could be annoyed by that ... I find it more realistic but i take it pretty neutral.

I am really positively suprised by this mode! Great Job Ubi!

Please add at least the higher minion damage to Dominion, it makes sense and finally we have to take minions a bit more serious.
Please maybe also consider to add archers and captains to Dominion or at least try it out in such a limited-time-mode.

sand_nigg3r
10-20-2017, 12:12 AM
Everyone already completely ignores the middle zone in Dominion so increasing the damage would only give them even more reason to.

Helnekromancer
10-20-2017, 01:27 AM
yea clearing mid even with a good zone is sketchy, when 4 soldiers target you and chunk your health. If you go to slow you get picked off by a balista. And in the end when you do cap the mid flag for no points some jerk with a bomb clears the wave anyway. >.>

Better off trying to cap a flag and turtle on it like everyone else does.

Omegaweapon1371
10-20-2017, 02:14 AM
I honestly agree with this mode being really nice. I would love for them to make the domin modes that we already have but, Make the Minions do 13 or 14 dmg "or whatever it is they do"

I have noticed it really does stop camping and ganks happening alot aswell. Since everyone needs to move and kill the minions and when a fight is going off at the minion wave you all get killed by eachother or one of the many minions.

Honestly do have to say they have done amazing work. And I hope something like this hits the domin modes we already have.

ttrat
10-20-2017, 04:15 AM
I've gotta say I 100% agree. Really love the new mode.

The combo of boosted soldier damage and boosting points gained by defeating them totally changes the dynamics of dominion, and makes for a really fresh mixup. Actually requires some strategy to control that middle territory.

I personally hope this is the start of much more experimentation with the game modes. Would love to see more leverage of soldier armies (multiple army control points in a map?) in game modes. I think the core element this game is still missing is a large scale territory control game-type, akin to battlefield. I realize this hasn't really been the focus point of For Honor, but it could be a great application of the mechanics they've got, maybe year 2/3 or some following iteration.

My 2 cents. Great new approach to dominion...

Stahlrusse
10-20-2017, 09:25 AM
Now you have to fight against minions in guard stance to block their attacks. You have to put a little more concentration and time into clearing waves.

Illyrian_King
10-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Now you have to fight against minions in guard stance to block their attacks. You have to put a little more concentration and time into clearing waves.

I personally didn't use guard stance for the minions, but it must be helpful ...

The only thing I don't like about Endless March is the disabled gear stats ^^

gj4063
10-20-2017, 12:19 PM
1. There seems to be much more lag in this mode.
2. The minion damage and punt system seems to be encouraging even more grouping up, which isn't good.

RatedChaotic
10-20-2017, 02:02 PM
Woot Red Nat Mode.....

FredEx919
10-20-2017, 04:46 PM
Thanks for sharing some thoughts on this. I'll check back here and pass all of the feedback over to the devs following the event.

gj4063
10-20-2017, 05:38 PM
It'd be great if gear stats were in. No gear, in anything besides 1v1 duels, favors fast stamina regen (now stamina efficient) classes too much.

D-d0g56
10-20-2017, 11:43 PM
Personally, I first thought the skeletons were way overpowered. Then I realized just how afraid of them I was and thought, "very clever ubisoft!". The one and only change I would recommend is the length of matches. They should be brought down to 850 - 900 points. With 1 cap point short and no way to boost zones, matches can take a very long time to complete. It somewhat messes with the flow of the fight, giving more importance to tier 4 feats and even making them somewhat spamable.

Tundra 793
10-21-2017, 04:46 AM
Thanks for sharing some thoughts on this. I'll check back here and pass all of the feedback over to the devs following the event.

You're saying "following the event", does that mean there will be no balance or fixes to the new game mode until next Halloween? Because lowering the skeleton damage from 14 to 10, or 11 even, sounds like something we should try this Monday.

matt89connor
10-21-2017, 10:01 AM
nice mode, can be the new skirmish,i love that rules, add capitans and will be lovely ;)

Ulrichvonbek111
10-21-2017, 11:34 AM
nice mode, can be the new skirmish,i love that rules, add capitans and will be lovely ;)

Yes it's a little fun but please remember that's all it is...
The skeletons have to go...there is no place for the them in the greater good of this game.
Please do not turn this game into a Myth and Magic or Dungeons and Dragons....
Young man you may spend too much time in game or whatever,,
you should learn to spell young man,,learn to spell.

Illyrian_King
10-21-2017, 11:50 AM
You're saying "following the event", does that mean there will be no balance or fixes to the new game mode until next Halloween? Because lowering the skeleton damage from 14 to 10, or 11 even, sounds like something we should try this Monday.

Honestly that minion damage of maybe 10 (instead of 14) is something I would take over to Dominion without hesitating.

Please don't burry this concept till next halloween!

I would instantly agree if Endless March would replace Skirmish ... I never palyed that mode ;b

Yes it's a little fun but please remember that's all it is...
The skeletons have to go...there is no place for the them in the greater good of this game.
Please do not turn this game into a Myth and Magic or Dungeons and Dragons....
Young man you may spend too much time in game or whatever,,
you should learn to spell young man,,learn to spell.

Yes but me for example, I am talking about just giving this extra Damage (10 instead of 14) to the minions in Dominion, because it's fun and makes sense! ^^

Not skeletons, but normal soldiers.

HumoLoco
10-22-2017, 11:29 PM
I wish endless mode was permanent the one of best i have played.

Helnekromancer
10-22-2017, 11:53 PM
I wish Endless March wasn't 90% Sentinel 10% Temple Garden.