PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer SHOVE SHOVE GB HEAVY

Tum_Energia
10-19-2017, 11:46 PM
Getting really tired by the OP of Lawbringers shove, guardbreaks and attacks. Especially when he pins you down a wall.

Or how in almost every map he keeps pushing everyone of ledges or into pits..

SenBotsu893
10-20-2017, 12:57 AM
the guaranteed shove on block should go. its just so easy to abuse.

Lawbringer doesnt even need to attack to win a fight.
he can just simply block -> shove -> light.
and once the enemy startds to dodge after the shove -> gb.
or shove -> heavy.

just simple bad gamedesing for this character.

ThomHermans1
10-20-2017, 12:27 PM
You can dodge the light on reaction.

But I do not mind that they make the block>shove>light combo blockable. But keep the dodge>shove>light as it is now.

Omegaweapon1371
10-20-2017, 01:30 PM
I really would like For Honor to do something about the Lawbringers right now, I won't lie I do love the class, And I have mained it. But I honestly now do see how slightly....I don't know if overpowerd is the word. But The fact the lawbringer doesn't even need to do anything apart from block. and shove . And then he has 3 options and one that leads into a faint parry. The only safe option right now to be 100% safe is to Roll back, Just like back in the day when everyone was a warden and you roll back to not have to deal with it if need be.

I mean I honestly can tell how you don't really need as much skillt. I have afriend who I do 1 on 1 fights with. And when he plays lawbringer. The fight takes soo long cus he will not attack and only sit there and shove and do a 5050. I can still beat him. But when he plays another class other then the lawbringer. When he has to fight etc. He is really easy to murder.

If this is how For Honor want the class to be. then fairplay. He isn't impossiable to deal with, But I can hope when the Defence patch comes in. It will favor the attacker a BIT more. Then the defender. But I honestly do want to know what For Honor thinks about the lawbringer right now. Like... How they feel what could be done to him?

SenBotsu893
10-20-2017, 02:51 PM
You can dodge the light on reaction.

But I do not mind that they make the block>shove>light combo blockable. But keep the dodge>shove>light as it is now.

thats the thing if you start to dodge he will start to follow with a gb after the shove. and then you eat more damage than just a light.
you can never tell whats going to hit you after the shove.
and keep in mind he gets that from simply blocking. its such a risk free fighting style for him.

Netcode_err_404
10-20-2017, 04:27 PM
block shove exists since d1, they just speeded up a lot the light after it, which should be nerfed. Stop-

Then we can make a serious buffs for him.

Tum_Energia
10-20-2017, 09:40 PM
And the fact that they can shove for 1000 miles till you either hit a wall or beter yet, fall to death from a bridge/ledge. unfair

Mirage6201
10-20-2017, 11:06 PM
If u are not an assasin then role away after push. He can't attack you. Nothing's free with lawbringer hence why he's only played in 4v4 for his cc. If he pushes from neutral it's too risky bc non assasins can roll after being pushed but if u dodge u get guaranteed GB.

If you are an assasin then you either take the light or dodge. If you dodge and he lights then u get a free gb (its broken mechanic imo). However if the LB throws a heavy after the light u will eat the heavy.

LB main

UbiInsulin
10-20-2017, 11:22 PM
Thanks for your thoughts on the LB block/shove, everyone. I'll make note of this thread for the team.

GNG.DardyDard
10-22-2017, 06:51 AM
https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.196456636.6618/flat,800x800,075,t.u1.jpg

Its a 50/50 Warden has one, so do quite a few other characters.

Netcode_err_404
10-22-2017, 12:29 PM

its not the same thing. Mr giant dad

GNG.DardyDard
10-23-2017, 09:49 AM
No it isn't, if anything its worse than Warden's 50/50 because apparently its reactable (Never done it myself and honestly I don't mind taking 15 small points of damage from a shove that takes around 30 years to actually hit)

Vakris_One
10-23-2017, 02:21 PM

Are you going to post your newfound git gud meme in every thread just for the lolz of it?

Vakris_One
10-23-2017, 02:23 PM
No it isn't, if anything its worse than Warden's 50/50 because apparently its reactable (Never done it myself and honestly I don't mind taking 15 small points of damage from a shove that takes around 30 years to actually hit)
LOL. If you're taking damage from a shove that takes "30 years to hit" then perhaps you need to git gud ;)

ThomHermans1
10-23-2017, 03:04 PM
thats the thing if you start to dodge he will start to follow with a gb after the shove. and then you eat more damage than just a light.
you can never tell whats going to hit you after the shove.
and keep in mind he gets that from simply blocking. its such a risk free fighting style for him.

I agree that it is very safe, much more that other attacks.
But if you get grabbed by the GB after the shove you dindt dodge on reaction, you just dodged after a shove expecting a light.
You can react to it. Im not saying I can do it 100% all the time, but it is doable.
Reacting to a light or a GB is doable, but when he starts to mix it with heavy attacks it is getting very hard.

That is why I said they should make it that you can block the light after shove when the shove comes from a blocked attack. But keep the "fast" light when he uses his shove form a dash/dodge.
This will promote offense playstyle for the LB more. He canít get easy damage from a blocked attack anymore.

SenBotsu893
10-23-2017, 07:04 PM
yes my point was the shove on block. that shove can NOT be dodged.

thats the whole issue because that leads into the sitiuation where you have to gues: do i take the 15 damage or do i risk a dodge and might eat 30 damage.

so Lawbringer gets a free 15 or 30 damage for just blocking.

i play him sometimes too because i actually like the character but if a total LB rooky like myself can win an encounter by just blocking than something is not right.

Netcode_err_404
10-23-2017, 07:15 PM

thats the whole issue because that leads into the sitiuation where you have to gues: do i take the 15 damage or do i risk a dodge and might eat 30 damage.

i play him sometimes too because i actually like the character but if a total LB rooky like myself can win an encounter by just blocking than something is not right.

Light after a block shove should not be so fast.

I would like to remember all of you, that shove block is a thing since d1.

ThomHermans1
10-23-2017, 08:08 PM

My point is that you dont have to quess what comes after the shove since you can react to either the light or GB, so its not "free damage". It is however hard to react to.
you see the red indicator after shove you dodge. You dont see a red indicator you dont dodge. It is not impossible.

I do however agree that it is to strong. But I dont acknowledge it as free damage since you can avoid it with good reaction.

SenBotsu893
10-23-2017, 11:31 PM
My point is that you dont have to quess what comes after the shove since you can react to either the light or GB, so its not "free damage". It is however hard to react to.
you see the red indicator after shove you dodge. You dont see a red indicator you dont dodge. It is not impossible.

I do however agree that it is to strong. But I dont acknowledge it as free damage since you can avoid it with good reaction.

hmmm can anyone tell me if the light after shove can be blocked? i dont think it can. at least i have never seen someone block it when i was playing LB.

ThomHermans1
10-24-2017, 03:46 PM
hmmm can anyone tell me if the light after shove can be blocked? i dont think it can. at least i have never seen someone block it when i was playing LB.

No you can’t block it but you can dodge it. But you should only dodge when the red indicator is visible. If you don’t see the red indicator after the shove the LB will probably go for the GB.