PDA

View Full Version : Who is the girl?

Arnium
04-06-2004, 08:40 AM
I tend to lean away from it being Yeesha, although I can conceive of at least one scenario where it could be Yeesha. Anyone interested in speculating?

Mods, if you feel that this should be in the new spoilers section, please feel free to move it.

Oops! I did not see Zepedro's thread.....

Arnium
04-06-2004, 08:40 AM
I tend to lean away from it being Yeesha, although I can conceive of at least one scenario where it could be Yeesha. Anyone interested in speculating?

Mods, if you feel that this should be in the new spoilers section, please feel free to move it.

Oops! I did not see Zepedro's thread.....

ChaoticCoyote
04-06-2004, 09:19 AM
She is Yeesha, daughter of Atrus and Katran, younger sister of Sirrus and Achenar (for those who don't know the lineage).

No spoiler here; they say as much in the press release and trailer.

If Yeesha indeed runs afoul of her brothers, I now understand her rather odd character in Uru.

http://www.coyotegulch.com/ccuru2.png

Arnium
04-06-2004, 09:26 AM
CC,

Not my read on the trailer at all. The only "press release" I saw was the Gamespot article, is there another?

mszv
04-06-2004, 10:34 AM
I thought the girl was Yeesha, but I didn't see her name in either the press release or the trailer. Maybe I saw her name somewhere, associated with Myst Revelation, but darn if I can find it!

If it is Yeesha - good.

-----------------------------
Regards,
mszv - play as amarez

Put that down, you are not in a game, this is my life!

Lord Hydronium
04-06-2004, 10:36 AM
One of the press releases says something about "a young girl kidnapped by her two brothers", so it's got to be Yeesha.

Here we go, it's the IGN one (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/504/504229p1.html?fromint=1): "A little girl disappears, her two brothers are suspected..."

mszv
04-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Thanks lordhydronium for tracking that down! It wasn't in the press release I was looking it.

Wow.

Regards,
mszv - play as amarez

Put that down, you are not in a game, this is my life!

Mysthints
04-06-2004, 12:31 PM
Ooh! Does this mean the brothers somehow escaped from their prison books?! This looks to be good.

And the new forum design is great, I might add.

Arnium
04-06-2004, 01:00 PM
From Gamespot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The adventure game, which is currently scheduled for release this fall, will see players investigating the mysterious disappearance of a young girl as they venture deep inside the worlds of two evil brothers named Sirrus and Achenar.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have not seen anything saying that they were the girl's brothers....

Duh, nevermind, I just read the IGN article. Can anyone attest to the accuracy of IGN's report? If this girl is Yeesha we had better hang on for one VERY twisted plotline.

Thrackerzog
04-06-2004, 01:06 PM
From the Ubisoft press release (http://www.ubi.com/US/News/News_2004-04-05_mystrevelation.htm)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Within the visually awe-inspiring world of Myst, a gripping family drama will slowly unfold. A little girl disappears, her two brothers are suspected, and it is clear that their story is far from over. Players will escape into the adventure as they attempt to solve the mystery and discover the fate of the two villainous brothers, Sirrus and Achenar. Understanding their motives is the key to the investigation which will lead to a true "revelation." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Voodoo Extreme copy/pasted the whole thing, gamespot only did some of it.

I had a great signature ready for this space but Kodama erased it

Deledrius
04-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Unless of course Atrus and Katran had another daughter before Yeesha. One that didn't make it. One that would amplify that regret Atrus expresses over his sons.

Just a thought.

LaReh
04-07-2004, 07:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deledrius:
Unless of course Atrus and Katran had another daughter before Yeesha. One that didn't make it. One that would amplify that regret Atrus expresses over his sons.

Just a thought.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, so far the games (except Uru which is supposed to be "real" rather than a Cyan game) are in chronological order. With no other mention of additional children between "the boys" and Yeesha, that seems to negate your theory.
It seems that young Yeesha needs to learn the same lessons WE did about her older brothers in originalMYST.........

adammorgan123
04-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Why is she wearing overalls?

zaphodi
04-07-2004, 11:30 AM
LaReh wrote:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> With no other mention of additional children between "the boys" and Yeesha, that seems to negate your theory. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe this is third secret of family.

Naquiel
04-07-2004, 11:36 AM
From the clues given, I would say that the girl is Yeesha. Most of the clues come from the video. The first is the pics of the 2 brothers. The second is that Atrus is older and not in turmoil from the battle of his father(more settled in a way. more distingueshed). The next clue is the reference to family secrets(and we do know that Yessha knows about her brothers from URU in her speeches). So what a good story of how Yeesha learns about her brothers.

And one of the big myterys is, did Atrus acctuly burn the books to keep the sons away(we never acctuly seen him burn the books), or did he lock up the books in the hope that they will change there ways? Or Did the brothers have copies of the books on the chance that someone will come across them?

There is more questions here than answers, but it will be fun to see what is in store for us.

LaReh
04-07-2004, 11:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zaphodi:
LaReh wrote:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> With no other mention of additional children between "the boys" and Yeesha, that seems to negate your theory. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe this is third secret of family.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt it. If Atrus and Catherine HAD lost a daughter prior to Yeesha, I think that tragedy compounded by the insanities of Sirrus and Achenar would have been just too much for them to even consider having any more children.

Naquiel
04-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Another hint for you all, if you look at the video a little closer. The girl is not wearing coveralls, it looks like it, but she is not. Lokk at her back and you will notice shoe string webing on her back like some of the old time dresses from the past.

woodlouse
04-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Yes, indeed. She is wearing a pinafore dress, of the type worn in Little House on the Prairie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://members.shaw.ca/woodlouse/images/1tpdwarfweb.jpg
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song...

Metros
04-08-2004, 12:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> And one of the big myterys is, did Atrus acctuly burn the books to keep the sons away(we never acctuly seen him burn the books), or did he lock up the books in the hope that they will change there ways? Or Did the brothers have copies of the books on the chance that someone will come across them?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
When we go back to the library after Atrus leaves to burn the books, we see them burned (like a firball hitting them really..) I really dont think that Atrus would lie or deceive us about burning them....... maybe there were the two in the library in the original myst and then there were two that he kept somewhere secret and safe (the ones we see in the Revalation trailer)

frankenscarf
04-08-2004, 09:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> When we go back to the library after Atrus leaves to burn the books, we see them burned (like a firball hitting them really..) I really dont think that Atrus would lie or deceive us about burning them....... maybe there were the two in the library in the original myst and then there were two that he kept somewhere secret and safe (the ones we see in the Revalation trailer) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what I've come up with so far:

Consider the prison book written for Gehn, in Myst III: Exile. Once inside, we appear to be experiencing the same thing as Sirrus and Achenar; that is, looking out from inside a book. A "normal" linking book places one inside the Age to which it linked, know what I mean?

So... perhaps the red and blue books were, for all intents and purposes, "normal" linking books that had been altered in some fashion so as to become prisons themselves. Now, just returning torn-out pages would only alter the "prison" aspects of the book (seeing in and out), but the book's creator could conceivably "finish" the book, making it a true Age but still a prison, similar to Riven, with no links in or out. In that case, the books could then be destroyed without harming the Age's occupants.

Make sense? I often don't, so I like to ask. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Eat_My_Shortz
04-08-2004, 11:12 PM
This is the most amazing thing. I've always imagined Sirrus and Achenar were freed!

Firstly, tho. I think you mean Gehn was trapped in RIVEN not MYST III EXILE!

I have no doubt the girl is Yeesha. This looks very exciting. Where in her speeches in Uru did she refer to her brothers?

You know, I just had another thought... if you go back to the Uru forums somewhere there is a thread (it has ticks next to it) with screenshots of the second Expansion. There is a rumour there we will go back to Myst island. That could hold some important clues to Revelation.

And finally, is this Myst IV: Revelation, or just Myst Revelation because it doesnt seem very consistent!!!!

Sorry if that was all over the place but I'm really excited!

Phen1
04-13-2004, 12:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> And finally, is this Myst IV: Revelation, or just Myst Revelation because it doesnt seem very consistent!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, but I don't see what you see...? How is there inconsistency? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

~~PHEN~~

Pre-rendering ROCKS!!!

Takua-Kaita-600
04-14-2004, 02:59 PM
At closer examination I have determined she actually looks like the yeesha of URU. Only the URU yeesha is a lot older. A lot.

Phen1
04-14-2004, 08:42 PM
and is it possible that they had chosen the actress for Yeesha BEFORE they even released URU, and they modeled her older self after the actress that will appear in Revelation?

~~PHEN~~

Pre-rendering ROCKS!!!

Thorrock
04-16-2004, 10:56 AM
What i think is what was the last thing that happend in uru main game at the ending, yeesha said iv done it, iv made a book that travels though time a link to the past. mybe she sends you though time to fix something that might have happend along time ago befor the oringal myst game???

Eat_My_Shortz
04-17-2004, 08:55 PM
What? When did she say that?

Me: "And finally, is this Myst IV: Revelation, or just Myst Revelation because it doesnt seem very consistent!!!!"
Phen: "Sorry, but I don't see what you see...? How is there inconsistency?"

Well check out the heading on the forums, on the website, etc, its called "Myst IV: Revelation" with an "IV". But in the trailer and in the title bar of the website its just "Myst Revelation" without a "IV".

I think maybe "Myst Revelation" was the old name (when the trailer was produced) and they've added the IV on.

Srikandi
04-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Hmm... do you always use your middle name, or do you sometimes leave it out?

(Although since your middle name is "my", I guess you always use it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

Sri's Relto (http://members.cox.net/srikandi/Uru/)

Coronagold
04-22-2004, 10:15 PM
If the boys are still about, they'd have their sites on 3 Ages,.....Channelwood, Stoneship, & Releeshan{sp?).

Alahmnat
04-23-2004, 12:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eat_My_Shortz:
What? When did she say that?

Me: "And finally, is this Myst IV: Revelation, or just Myst Revelation because it doesnt seem very consistent!!!!"
Phen: "Sorry, but I don't see what you see...? How is there inconsistency?"

Well check out the heading on the forums, on the website, etc, its called "Myst IV: Revelation" with an "IV". But in the trailer and in the title bar of the website its just "Myst Revelation" without a "IV".

I think maybe "Myst Revelation" was the old name (when the trailer was produced) and they've added the IV on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, the trailer was produced before the decision was finalized to put the "IV" in the game's title. The website's logo has since been updated to include the "IV", and the logo I was given to create the banner for the forum already had the "IV" in it, and I was told to leave it there http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

----------
Guild of Archivists,
D'niPedia Writers Ring (http://www.dpwr.net) (DPWR.NET)
Uru and Myst Forum Moderator / Community Assistant
Please note: I do not respond to Private Topics dealing with technical support or hint requests for the Myst series

ArienMalfoy
04-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Back to the question of the prison books of Sirrus and Achenar. It has always been my understanding that Atrus created those books especially to capture and contain his sons. Now let's say that he did destroy them at the end of the first game. If he had created them, could he re-create them? Could his conscience and parental love driven him to recreate those two prison books (since they are really just links to a location), and then lock them away? Is such a thing possible? Could a writer with enough talent re-create a previously destroyed link by re-writing the link in a new book?

Alahmnat
04-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Atrus himself said that he wrote the Red and Blue Books to "entrap over-greedy explorers who might stumble upon [the] island of Myst, but [he] had no idea [his] own sons would be entrapped." Given that, it's possible or even likely, knowing Atrus' intermittent OCD when it comes to his Books, that he had the Linking Books laying out in the Library while the Descriptive Books were locked away somewhere else entirely.

----------
Guild of Archivists,
D'niPedia Writers Ring (http://www.dpwr.net) (DPWR.NET)
Uru and Myst Forum Moderator / Community Assistant
Please note: I do not respond to Private Topics dealing with technical support or hint requests for the Myst series

Eat_My_Shortz
05-14-2004, 08:36 AM
I think most people believe he kept a link somewhere.
The novels tell us that after your book is destroyed, there's no way to get back there ever (even if you wrote it and you know exactly what language you used - the chaos of writing prevents it from being the same age).
Several interviews with RAWA around the place will also confirm this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hmm... do you always use your middle name, or do you sometimes leave it out?

(Although since your middle name is "my", I guess you always use it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good call, Sri!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: People who know binary and people who don't.

Rashekfee
05-14-2004, 07:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The novels tell us that after your book is destroyed, there's no way to get back there ever (even if you wrote it and you know exactly what language you used - the chaos of writing prevents it from being the same age).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true that, under normal circumstances, you cannot write a book the same twice. However, if you have a one book, you can make a copy.

ArienMalfoy
05-14-2004, 09:43 PM
Didn't someone mention the "main" book to a location and that several linking books were made off that book? I do seem to remember something about that in the novels.