PDA

View Full Version : Yay new game.. wow it sucks

Helnekromancer
10-19-2017, 08:32 PM
So yay new game mode, skeletons and the new loading music. Need a team of 4 to enjoy this mode.

Game starts and its just camp 2 flags. Turtle as hard as possible. The B flag is now worthless, going their is a death wish people kept spamming nobushi in the den when they talked about this mode, nobushi can't clear through that mess, the nerfed Body Count can't keep up with 2-4 soldiers chunking you for 15 damage a swing. I hate sitting on a flag and waiting but thats the only way to play this mode.

But atleast rewards are somewhat worth so I'll just bite the bullet and keep grinding, but man is it not fun.

Tundra 793
10-19-2017, 08:39 PM
As I understood it, the 2 zones no longer provide soft points (they don't generate any points while you hold them) they only provide 200 hard points. So even if you're camping 2 zones, you still need to get 600 points from killing the skeletons and the enemy players. That's the key to this game mode, not camping zones.

The Mid zone doesn't provide points because you need to have at least 1 guy there to kill the skeletons.

Helnekromancer
10-19-2017, 08:55 PM
As I understood it, the 2 zones no longer provide soft points (they don't generate any points while you hold them) they only provide 200 hard points. So even if you're camping 2 zones, you still need to get 600 points from killing the skeletons and the enemy players. That's the key to this game mode, not camping zones.

The Mid zone doesn't provide points because you need to have at least 1 guy there to kill the skeletons.

Players never went to the middle in normal Dominion anyway. So far in this game mode no one goes to the middle, the only people who go to the middle are people who don't know how much dmg the soldiers do and after they die they go to 1 of 2 flags. So now it's just killing each other till you reach the limit to Eliminate. Not to mention it's on that terrible Citadel map, you know the map where you already can go to the middle now you run risk of dying to the skeletons, someone on a balista or an assassin in stealth. Either way you aren't helping your team since now its only 3 members trying to capture flags and 4 defending and they got points for killing you.

The_InvaDa
10-19-2017, 08:56 PM
Did this Event something to the Stamina costs? im nearly out stamina now.. and I'm playing conquest.....

In Conquest,Event and Dominion the stamina costs high now ?

only Event has something did with revenge.

Helnekromancer
10-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Did this Event something to the Stamina costs? im nearly out stamina now.. and I'm playing conquest.....

In Conquest,Event and Dominion the stamina costs high now ?

only Event has something did with revenge.

They disabled gear stats

Tundra 793
10-20-2017, 01:35 AM
Players never went to the middle in normal Dominion anyway. So far in this game mode no one goes to the middle, the only people who go to the middle are people who don't know how much dmg the soldiers do and after they die they go to 1 of 2 flags.

The new mode's only been live for less than a day. Lets give people a chance to learn the new rules before we give up on it altogether.

So now it's just killing each other till you reach the limit to Eliminate. Not to mention it's on that terrible Citadel map, you know the map where you already can go to the middle now you run risk of dying to the skeletons, someone on a balista or an assassin in stealth. Either way you aren't helping your team since now its only 3 members trying to capture flags and 4 defending and they got points for killing you.

The game mode seems to rotate between the Temple Garden and Sentinel maps (the one with ballistas). I'm not sure if it's intentional to only be on those 2 maps, but at least you can attempt to hold the mid part on Temple Garden. Sentinel is trickier, but it's possible to simply use the ballistas to help clear out the skeletons.

Helnekromancer
10-20-2017, 01:42 AM
The new mode's only been live for less than a day. Lets give people a chance to learn the new rules before we give up on it altogether.

The game mode seems to rotate between the Temple Garden and Sentinel maps (the one with ballistas). I'm not sure if it's intentional to only be on those 2 maps, but at least you can attempt to hold the mid part on Temple Garden. Sentinel is trickier, but it's possible to simply use the ballistas to help clear out the skeletons.

Run into the same problem in the Gardens, clear the way and then LB's throwing a grenades from the tower of the A Flag. Go up there and they turtle, since they took gear stats off if takes forever to kill one. Even as I speak I'm about to go up against 3 LB's and a Shinobi. Did they buff LB or something?

Wish it was just regular maps nope gotta be gimmicky.

ttrat
10-20-2017, 04:36 AM
I think they totally removed the bonus points you get for camping A/C zones, providing incentive to wreck-it in the middle. A/C are primarily used as a healing point. Plus soldier kills provide +3 now I believe?

My experience has been that folks rush the middle and it's a crazy-nonsense-madhouse, with actually quite a bit of strategy added to working around the armies. Then towards the end it's a grudge-match to snag A/C zones and win the match. But totally depends on who you're playing with as to how the matches pan out.

I personally really like the changeup.

RoosterIlluzion
10-20-2017, 05:26 AM

Lol. "New game mode sucks because I can't use gear and minions are tough."
Wow, level playing field against all opponents, and you actually have to pay attention to where you walk in the midfield. Running around killing opponents is how most people play dominion anyway, like its death match. Now that you don't have gear stats to help, you only want to camp the control points even though they only give points when taken. Idiots.

Tundra 793
10-20-2017, 05:32 AM
Lol. "New game mode sucks because I can't use gear and minions are tough."
Wow, level playing field against all opponents, and you actually have to pay attention to where you walk in the midfield. Running around killing opponents is how most people play dominion anyway, like its death match. Now that you don't have gear stats to help, you only want to camp the control points even though they only give points when taken. Idiots.

I think you've misunderstood my post. I was giving an objective rundown of how the mode works, compared to regular Dominion. At no point did I offer my opinion on it.

Would you like to respond, and apologize for calling us "idiots", or should I just report you for calling us "idiots"?

RoosterIlluzion
10-20-2017, 05:55 AM
I think you've misunderstood my post. I was giving an objective rundown of how the mode works, compared to regular Dominion. At no point did I offer my opinion on it.

Would you like to respond, and apologize for calling us "idiots", or should I just report you for calling us "idiots"?

Nope. I'm comfortable with my assessment of all the whiners, not so much you. Although I did detect a hint of whine as you described "you still need to get 600 points from killing skeletons and enemy players." This topic wouldn't even exist in the forum if it wasn't meant as a complaint about the new mode.

Tundra 793
10-20-2017, 05:59 AM
Nope. I'm comfortable with my assessment of all the whiners, not so much you.

Fair enough, though keep in mind the mods don't look kindly on blatant ad hominem posts.

Although I did detect a hint of whine as you described "you still need to get 600 points from killing skeletons and enemy players."

I'm not sure how you could interpret that as any kind of whining. I tried to make my post as objective as possible, as a counterpoint to the OPs notion that people were only camping 2 zones.
If a team were to camp A and C, they would only have 400 points, thus needing 600 points from killing skeletons or enemies to force the enemy team into Breaking. I am not whining about that, I enjoy that aspect of the gamemode since It actively discourages camping.

This topic wouldn't even exist in the forum if it wasn't meant as a complaint about the new mode.

Players have a right to complain and offer feedback, even if negative. Calling them "idiots" for doing so however, is not a right you have.

RoosterIlluzion
10-20-2017, 06:17 AM
Good for you for not blatantly complaining. I'm so happy now that you got off reporting an insignificant, generally demeaning remark. Your mom is probably a moderator, and I hurt your feelings. Welcome to real life, where no gives a **** what you think.