PDA

View Full Version : Witch Hunter

gj4063
10-19-2017, 05:37 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammerfb/images/8/86/WHnt_05.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130902073439

New class idea..

The witch hunter with sword and pistol.
he'll mostly be assassin fast sword play, with limited pistol use. Have the pistol work normally as a combo finishing move and work only at polearm/spear range for the job. maybe a dodge back attack like orochi.

Make a bunch of the feats be special shots, some with long range:
- short range stun with low damage.
- long range shot with hvy damage.
- medium range snare.
- blunderbuss hitting all close targets in cone in front of player.

Nokhchalla
10-19-2017, 07:35 PM
With a pistol? This is the wrong game for you then mate. We dont want no guns and grenades, there are countless of FPS games out there, but few like For Honor.

gj4063
10-19-2017, 08:09 PM
You missed the point dude. The pistol will be melee range, except for feats (like dart, arrows, catapult)

Stahlrusse
10-19-2017, 09:21 PM
You missed the point dude. The pistol will be melee range, except for feats (like dart, arrows, catapult)

Still a gun does not fit into the setting of the game. It is too technologically advanced and would kill the atmosphere of the game.

UbiJurassic
10-19-2017, 09:27 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammerfb/images/8/86/WHnt_05.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130902073439

New class idea..

The witch hunter with sword and pistol.
he'll mostly be assassin fast sword play, with limited pistol use. Have the pistol work normally as a combo finishing move and work only at polearm/spear range for the job. maybe a dodge back attack like orochi.

Make a bunch of the feats be special shots, some with long range:
- short range stun with low damage.
- long range shot with hvy damage.
- medium range snare.
- blunderbuss hitting all close targets in cone in front of player.

A very cool and interesting concept, gj4063! Thanks for sharing and opening up to discussion with everyone! The gun aspect would be a difficult aspect to balance and would probably raise a few eyebrows from people, considering this is a melee based game.

gj4063
10-19-2017, 09:28 PM
Ok cuz Vikings fought centurions and samurai with Halloween masks on...yep.

Moondyne_MC
10-20-2017, 06:50 AM

Might as well chuck in a mech warrior character too, amirite? Seriously though, apples and oranges my friend.

Stahlrusse
10-20-2017, 09:13 AM

These are effects, magical if you want and clearly depicted as such. A pistol is a man-made device and gunpowder was not invented in that period of time.

Just remember: Magic + Middle Ages = good
Modern Times + Middle Ages = bad

Give your Witch Hunter a one-handed crossbow instead of a pistol and we are done.

Dude_of_Valor
10-20-2017, 09:45 AM
These are effects, magical if you want and clearly depicted as such. A pistol is a man-made device and gunpowder was not invented in that period of time.

Just remember: Magic + Middle Ages = good
Modern Times + Middle Ages = bad

Give your Witch Hunter a one-handed crossbow instead of a pistol and we are done.

This ^^

The class using a rapier styled weapon is cool, and I think you would want a parrying dagger along with it.

Gemoroda
10-20-2017, 10:58 AM
We all talk about new characters. But fornnow, there are 2 more spots on the game. One for vikings and one for samurai. While i dont have an ideea of what id like to see in the vikings rooster, i sure as hell would like to see a samurai character using 2 katanas as a hybrid.

•2 katanas
•light armour
•hybrid

• https://i.pinimg.com/564x/52/be/d5/52bed50f1c2b9a8be9fb54fd1937a825--samurai-artwork-katana-swords.jpg