PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den October 19th

Tundra 793
10-19-2017, 02:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWgWK_BkIgU

Candle's out sick today, so I'll be doing the recap while he's recovering.

Today's Den will be a special show, so no Q&A or Community Corner. Instead all the focus will be on Feast of the Otherworld.
If you haven't seen it already, here's a small teaser; https://twitter.com/ForHonorGame/status/920717429050937344

The only thing confirmed for the show will be what that mysterious "Masks" tab in the Outfit menu is. We have no idea what the rest of this event will entail, so plenty of room for spooky speculations!

9 minutes to go, and we have a new countdown screen this week, with appropriately scary music.

First intro video to the Feat of the Otherworld events shows us skeleton minions to slay, and spooky masks with a different theme to each faction. Masks also appear to add spooky special effects to executions and emotes.
The event includes;

Limited Time Game Mode
Spooky Theme Music
Bone Chilling New Content

Spooky Eric, Luigi and Scary Roman does a Powerpoint telling us all about this spooky event.

Will run from October 19th to November 2nd.

Game has a new atmosphere. (Spooky theme music. Skeletons everywhere. Mysterious contract orders?)

Limited time free cosmetic loot. You have a chance to loot 5 cosmetic items after each match. (A Battle Outfit. An Ornament. An Effect.)
EDIT; It was stated on the Den, that all players could receive the extra event loot in any game mode except PvAI Duels. It seems however, that the loot is restricted exclusively to PvP Modes, and PvE. You will not receive event loot for any PvAI/PvE Modes with matchmaking turned off.

Special game mode event. (It's called Endless March. Dominion Style mode, focused on the skeleton minions instead of players. Killing the skeletons grants Points, you'll want to kill more skeletons than going for zones. Capturing zones doesn't give you any Hard Points in this mode, mid lane doesn't grant points either.)

Bone chilling weekly content. (First week of content; 16 Mask Outfits, one per hero. These will appear in the Mask section of the Outfits menu. They will cost 15,000 Steel during the event, 20,000 Steel once the event ends.
Second Week of content; A spooktacular new Emote "Howl at the Moon" Will cost 10,000 Steel. Only available during the second week of this event.)

2 weekend event orders, Halloween themed. First one is a Slayer event, can be done in any game mode. Second weekend event yet to be announced.

Even though all these cosmetic items are only available during the event, once you have them you will get to keep them forever.

Season 4 Event Tournament Updates;
(I'll fill in this bit later, there's a lot of technical talk from Luc.)

EU Team Standings;

Ultimate Digital Atheletes (8 pts.)

Freevinx (4 pts.)

For Goner (2 pts.)

NA Team Standings;

NRG (12 pts.)

Least Individual Talent (6 pts.)

PurePlayers (0 pts.)

That's it for the Den, game is back online and full of spooktacular new things to get spooked by!

RatedChaotic
10-19-2017, 03:07 PM
I couldnt care less about this halloween crap. It will just cause more issues. I just wanna be able to play pvp without disconnects, resyncs or being connected with players using satellite wifi during a thunderstorm as they play music and stream. VS Red Nat players is a horrible experience.

I'm sure I'll be disappointed with this Warriors Den aswell.

My question for the Devs....I know with Xbox when you block a player from communicating to you through his Gamertag/Profile using the Xbox Live Block Feature. It also trys to keep you from joining in servers and matches that blocked player is in. Have you looked into this? Could it be causing issues with For Honor on Xbox?

I've never seen anything about this anywhere.I know how simple things can be overlooked...I know over the 7 years of just having xbox live.I've blocked a ton of salty people.

PS4 people does your block feature do this aswell?

I'm tired of these connectivity issues. I'm spent on ways to help. That was my last idea...I just dont understand how out of hundreds of games I own. This is by far the best game but worst one connectivity wise.

And Good Job Tundra...Thank you!

bmason1000
10-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Rock and roll tundra, we appreciate you!

rastassin
10-19-2017, 04:53 PM
we still didn't get the new executions in this season and it is almost over so..

thornh
10-19-2017, 04:55 PM
we still didn't get the new executions in this season and it is almost over so..

Probably next week.

rastassin
10-19-2017, 05:22 PM
seems no executions this week nor next week.. WTF

TSCDescon
10-19-2017, 05:24 PM
Wtf... 20k for a mask that is only available during feast?

thornh
10-19-2017, 05:42 PM

No, you get to keep it forever. I just don't like the 20k part...

Tundra 793
10-19-2017, 05:44 PM

The Mask Outfit in game actually appears to be 15K Steel, and contains both a color scheme, ornament and the Mask effect, so It's basically just a limited time Halloween themed Mythic outfit.

D-d0g56
10-19-2017, 05:57 PM
No, you get to keep it forever. I just don't like the 20k part...

I am both outraged and grinding steel to make this purchase as we speak. I hate myself right now, as you can imagine.

gj4063
10-19-2017, 06:03 PM
So play toons with a good zone attack I guess.

Tundra 793
10-19-2017, 06:18 PM
So far, I'm loving this event. I'm really shocked at how much effort the devs put into it.

Yes yes, we'd all rather have Dedicated Servers and better balance blah blah, but this is just pure fun, for the sake of doing something fun. I think we'd all feel better if we spend the next 2 weeks just enjoying fun content for sake of it, and spend less time worrying about servers and balance.

Just tried my first match of the new Game Mode, and it's really fun. The skeletons are not to be messed with. They're both deadly and you gain Revenge when they hit you, but Revenge doesn't help protect you from the endless hordes of undead. One slip up and you're dead.

Got my mask outfit, which is pretty cool, love the effects. Now comes the grind to collect as many event items as possible.

Jarl.Felix
10-19-2017, 06:38 PM
So far, I'm loving this event. I'm really shocked at how much effort the devs put into it.

Yes yes, we'd all rather have Dedicated Servers and better balance blah blah, but this is just pure fun, for the sake of doing something fun. I think we'd all feel better if we spend the next 2 weeks just enjoying fun content for sake of it, and spend less time worrying about servers and balance.

Just tried my first match of the new Game Mode, and it's really fun. The skeletons are not to be messed with. They're both deadly and you gain Revenge when they hit you, but Revenge doesn't help protect you from the endless hordes of undead. One slip up and you're dead.

Got my mask outfit, which is pretty cool, love the effects. Now comes the grind to collect as many event items as possible.

Exatcly the mindless player they want to have : nolifer who farms for masks :)))

The_B0G_
10-19-2017, 06:47 PM
Exatcly the mindless player they want to have : nolifer who farms for masks :)))

Or just not a negative nancy...

thornh
10-19-2017, 06:52 PM
It will keep us occupied until the Season 4 info drop. Faction War is pointless at this time so this is a good mix up. Actually the rules for the special Dominion mode should be a permanent alternative/option in standard Dominion.

RatedChaotic
10-19-2017, 06:54 PM
Yeppie a pvp event I'll get kicked out of most of the time and not receive d*ck.....#RedNatPlayersFTW

Google.... For Honor Connectivity..... and browse the good things being said.

Visit the Xbox Store Review section...2.5 last I seen... Because connectivity.

Yet you guys make a pvp only event mode. You never fail to amaze me with your stupidity Fix connectivity or have event be able to play without these RedNat players. OMG....I'm not even going to try it again. Good job on the eye candy tho....

UbiJurassic
10-19-2017, 07:16 PM
Thanks for stepping up to write this week's recap, Tundra 793! Many players, and myself, appreciate the time and effort. :)

TSCDescon
10-19-2017, 08:07 PM
Okay, i bought the outfit and its only 15k and not 20k, my bad.

Still, its just another mythic outfit but i like it.

Just, make the mask a bit smaller to fit the characters head. It looks ridiculously big.

Tundra 793
10-19-2017, 08:44 PM
Thanks for stepping up to write this week's recap, Tundra 793! Many players, and myself, appreciate the time and effort. :)

Glad to be of service, thanks for pinning it.

Okay, i bought the outfit and its only 15k and not 20k, my bad.

Actually that was my bad. Could've sworn they said 20K on the Den, but I've made the edit in the recap.

UbiJurassic
10-19-2017, 08:54 PM
Glad to be of service, thanks for pinning it.

Actually that was my bad. Could've sworn they said 20K on the Den, but I've made the edit in the recap.

During the event, the mask will be only 15k. Following the end of the event, they will rise to 20k.

Claudius_Katt
10-19-2017, 09:23 PM
With the limited free cosmetic loot,
Anyone know if that is only available in a specific game mode or is it a random drop after any match?

UbiJurassic
10-19-2017, 09:24 PM
With the limited free cosmetic loot,
Anyone know if that is only available in a specific game mode or is it a random drop after any match?

Any type of match, expect Duel vs AI. :)

Claudius_Katt
10-19-2017, 09:25 PM
Any type of match, expect PvAI Duels. :)

Ah sweet,
So PvE and PvP dominion it is then!
Thanks a million 😊

bmason1000
10-20-2017, 04:05 AM
This is the first ornament I've ever liked, diggin the music, about to hop in to my first march...so far so good! This is awesome.

bmason1000
10-20-2017, 04:33 AM
Okay, i don't actually care about the event. I don't really get it. Everything else is pretty awesome though. I mean the events cool, i really hope people are enjoying it, it's just not for me. I'm having fun running in to hordes of skelingtons and popping revenge and seeing how long i last though haha. I just went 2 and 12 in one match fighting only minions.

Tundra 793
10-20-2017, 04:44 AM
A few notes to the Ubi guys; the Grasping Death battle outfit references a "Feast of the Otherworld" Bundle, yet no such thing exists. Will there be a bundle at some point during or after the event with this battle outfit?
Also, the Color Scheme attached to this outfit is named "Creppy". Was the art department in a rush when they added it?

CandleInTheDark
10-20-2017, 12:10 PM
Thanks for stepping in at short notice Tundra.

First thing I did on waking after sleeping pretty much all of yesterday was get the mask outfit for my peacekeeper, looks wicked (first time I have bought any premium outfit, the mythic ones never did it for me so bravo ubi), and given I have the wolf head ornament for my berserker, he'll be getting the werewolf emote next week so pretty pleased with the weekly content.

Vakris_One
10-20-2017, 06:13 PM
This special Halloween content looks and sounds fantastic. Nice job on that Ubi. I might actually come back to play some games for these 2 weeks.

I am however dissapointed by the cash grab of the masks becoming 20k steel after the event and the limited time warewolf emote being 10k steel! That is ****ing insane for an emote and after the event 20k steel just for one god damn mask is double insane. It is obviously designed to make people reach for their wallets.

Overall I'll give this a 6/10. Great new content but that cash grab of the players that have stayed loyal to you through thick and thin is a very poor show indeed. If the steel pricing was fairer I would have rated this update as a 8.5/10. Missed a big opportunity for some good will here Ubisoft.

iAlwaysL0se
10-20-2017, 09:30 PM
This special Halloween content looks and sounds fantastic. Nice job on that Ubi. I might actually come back to play some games for these 2 weeks.

I am however dissapointed by the cash grab of the masks becoming 20k steel after the event and the limited time warewolf emote being 10k steel! That is ****ing insane for an emote and after the event 20k steel just for one god damn mask is double insane. It is obviously designed to make people reach for their wallets.

Overall I'll give this a 6/10. Great new content but that cash grab of the players that have stayed loyal to you through thick and thin is a very poor show indeed. If the steel pricing was fairer I would have rated this update as a 8.5/10. Missed a big opportunity for some good will here Ubisoft.

I'm right there with you bud. The cash grab ******** needs to stop, but it never will smh.. Like, you develop something that should be a fun grind and then suck the fun out of it by making things outrageously expensive. sure the game mode is a breath of fresh air but those prices man... should be more like 10k for the event and 15 after the event. I guess there's just not enough suckers buying steel packs LOL. but GG on the new content none the less as it is quite enjoyable.

Tundra 793
10-21-2017, 01:56 AM

I think the cash grabby nature is a bit exaggerated, as there are several mitigating factors to make it fair for us as players to get these exclusive items.

1; The Mask outfit is essentially a Mythic Outfit. It comes with an Ornament, Color Scheme, Symbols and a full set of Effects. The price increase could be uncalled for, but it does set it apart as something special, tied to a specific event.

2; The developers were completely up front about the costs and limited availability of all the new items. So we have a chance to plan which items we'd might want to buy, save for them etc. and we'll know which ones are only available for the event, and which ones can simply be saved up for and bought later.

3; The majority of the new stuff is free, if random. But at least it has a high enough drop rate that it's not unreasonable to farm for it a bit. Even if you only play 1 Hero, there's 5 things that could drop for that character after any match.

4; The devs are also doing 2 weekend Community Orders during the event, which is a free 4000 Steel for all the players basically.

Yes, it's a bit cash grabby, but overall, I think it's fairly well done. Even if you only did dailies and got the Community Order steel, that's a little over 15,000 Steel, enough for the Mask outfit, if that's what you want, or the werewolf emote, and change to save up for the Mask Outfit to buy later. And on top of that, factor in whatever Event Loot might drop while just doing the dailies.

Vakris_One
10-21-2017, 02:45 AM
I think the cash grabby nature is a bit exaggerated, as there are several mitigating factors to make it fair for us as players to get these exclusive items.

1; The Mask outfit is essentially a Mythic Outfit. It comes with an Ornament, Color Scheme, Symbols and a full set of Effects. The price increase could be uncalled for, but it does set it apart as something special, tied to a specific event.

2; The developers were completely up front about the costs and limited availability of all the new items. So we have a chance to plan which items we'd might want to buy, save for them etc. and we'll know which ones are only available for the event, and which ones can simply be saved up for and bought later.

3; The majority of the new stuff is free, if random. But at least it has a high enough drop rate that it's not unreasonable to farm for it a bit. Even if you only play 1 Hero, there's 5 things that could drop for that character after any match.

4; The devs are also doing 2 weekend Community Orders during the event, which is a free 4000 Steel for all the players basically.

Yes, it's a bit cash grabby, but overall, I think it's fairly well done. Even if you only did dailies and got the Community Order steel, that's a little over 15,000 Steel, enough for the Mask outfit, if that's what you want, or the werewolf emote, and change to save up for the Mask Outfit to buy later. And on top of that, factor in whatever Event Loot might drop while just doing the dailies.
I'm willing to let it go as a tad cash grabby but with enough effort put in to not make it excessively so. The Halloween themed content is very nicely done and fun and they were actually surprisingly informative for a change so that's an improvement in communication for them. It irks me that they went with the tournament style RNG drops whereby it's only by luck that you'll get something for the character(s) that you actually play. They know it wasn't liked by the players and yet still. Not to mention it actually contradicts their own statements about how they've always intended for people to stick with one main hero and have at best up to two others to play with as well. But c'est la vie.

That they went to all the effort of making all this Halloween content and having it be fun and polished is a good thing and I like seeing that.

Tundra 793
10-21-2017, 04:33 AM
I'm willing to let it go as a tad cash grabby but with enough effort put in to not make it excessively so. The Halloween themed content is very nicely done and fun and they were actually surprisingly informative for a change so that's an improvement in communication for them. It irks me that they went with the tournament style RNG drops whereby it's only by luck that you'll get something for the character(s) that you actually play. They know it wasn't liked by the players and yet still. Not to mention it actually contradicts their own statements about how they've always intended for people to stick with one main hero and have at best up to two others to play with as well. But c'est la vie.

Couldn't agree more. The RNG for the event is... Tolerable, but yeah I really wish it was tied to which characters you play. Some people really only ever play 1 Hero, and with RNG the game could feel like it's actively punishing them.
But like i mentioned earlier, some of the Halloween Loot descriptions make mention of a "Feast of the Otherworld" Bundle, which I really hope will be added after the event, giving everyone a chance to spook out their favorite heroes.

That they went to all the effort of making all this Halloween content and having it be fun and polished is a good thing and I like seeing that

I think this quote needs to be pinned for all to see.

The devs went through a lot of effort to give us something, for no other reason than having fun.

Vakris_One
10-22-2017, 02:23 AM
One thing I forgot to say, Roman looks scary AF as an evil clown! Pure nightmare fuel :)

Smuggler007
10-23-2017, 04:37 PM
Too bad the Final Results for this Community Event on Xbox disappeared just as fast. I tip my hat to Sonic Whatever and TappedCarcass for their endeavors. Good Fight! :cool: