PDA

View Full Version : About gender... very sad Ubi. *Spoiler inside*

Bunny_Cookie
10-19-2017, 01:42 PM
The main reason I pre ordered.. gender was an option in the game. It is not an option.. I have listed cis gendered female..every single cut scene and just about every npc still say he / him. With the exception of Call Girl. So.. a little sad it was all a lie, none of the choices on our sheet seem to matter. I thought all the delays in release where to ensure the game be great. So far I have only been narrowly pushed mission to mission with a couple side missions between. Done character sheet missions that are pointless and I am pretty far in the game.

Kard112015
10-19-2017, 02:40 PM
Cartman is too naive and sexist to believe you are a girl.

Notice how he says "you sure have pretty hair for a boy, you'd better not be a hippie or something."
Butters also says "anyone ever tell you you're very pretty for a boy", perhaps because he's also too naive to realize.
Stan also said something but it only happened once so i can't quite catch it.

Because i went for the Token experience for my first playthrough i decided to also make the character a girl. Call girl isn't the only one who realizes, the Rednecks do as well, lol

MarxSteal
10-19-2017, 06:17 PM
Since my character is an asexual agender person, Cartman says that I do not look like male nor female, but like Prince.

Worth it.

Bunny_Cookie
10-19-2017, 06:32 PM
He says that to cis gender females also.

Kard112015
10-19-2017, 06:35 PM
inside the freedom pals base Craig says "it's strange, the new kid is a boy am i'm gay but for some reason i'm not attracted to him"

BlueChullo
10-20-2017, 12:37 PM
I don't know if they meant to make a point re Transgender in this game, and I am not as far into it as you (only up to Mr Macky) but as a transgendered person what you seem to have experienced from Cartman (and what others say Butters is saying, etc.) is my daily existance (though the other way around, FtM).

Having to go through that scene with Mr Macky was slightly triggering as there are nice enough, but who call you 'ma'am' or so regardless. This happens every single day whilst transitioning and you just have to live with it, they are trying to be polite (though it is still annoying that western society relies so much on gender when talking to strangers, etc.).

Then there are the d***s and arseholes who refuse to educate themselves. Cartman is in this category. But we always knew that.

I didn't mind the rednecks, at least they knew who you were and their stance in the matter. Mr Macky annoyed me more though I can't quite put my finger on why.

If you are feeling frustrated because you are being mis-gendered in the game, and people are refusing to believe you are the gender you say you are, and the fact that transgender is included as an option in the first place, all of this is what is making me question whether it has been done on purpose to educate. Because that is what living transgendered and still in the transitioning process feels like.

(Also, re the girls, I also feel they need to be included even more, season 20 seemed to promise them, I think it was Annie who directly stated to camera that the girls weren't going to be excluded any more in one of the earlier episodes, but then the election threw everyone and the season ended in tatters. But I thought it was awesome that Bebe and Nichole's houses were included this time).

Bill_Casey
10-29-2017, 09:47 AM
Here's what it is...
Your character was presented unequivocally as a boy in The Stick of Truth, so now if you pick something other than a boy, it makes it so you aren't a boy, but a lot of characters think or thought you were a boy. They have different dialogue, but some of them are still under the assumption you're a really pretty boy...

It's an attempt to square the canon of both games by lampshading...

oyuncuyum1
02-09-2018, 01:31 PM
so you are not called Xe but He is that it?