PDA

View Full Version : XP - Let us keep it

ChampionRuby50g
10-19-2017, 11:55 AM
3 months ago I asked a question on a Community Questions thread, (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1691964-Community-Questions-Post-Here/page3) and the question I am now again wondering about is: Can we have a system that allows us to keep XP earned during disconnected matches?

I know this question was answered in the following Den. (Edit: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=4ccUlvhZQbw)

The question was asked at 58:40, and the answer was "we are investigating it, we are looking into it" It was also mentioned if anything new pops up we will be informed. To my knowledge, nothing has been shared since.

Edit 2: probably because I'm on mobile, but the link isn't going blue. Sorry about that to those who want to look, im simply too tired to try and fix. But that's the Den.

My new question is: Why haven't we seen this implemented yet? Right now disconnecting is very common, everyone knows this. But I still deserve to be rewarded for playing a game right up until the end, be that games ended or it has crashed, or Disconnected me due to whatever error. Even running for 30 seconds then DCing deserves some sort of compensation, because I currently have to wait 5 minutes minimum to get into a game, no matter what the activity counter reads. I am all for waiting a while, but only if my time isn't wasted in the end, which happens more often than not. So, why do we not get to keep a margin of XP and steel for our troubles? I shouldn't need to explain why this is beneficial for everyone, including Ubisoft.

ChampionRuby50g
10-24-2017, 10:50 PM
I would really like this responded too please Ubi, or can a Rep forward this too the team to answer in the next Den?

sand_nigg3r
10-24-2017, 10:54 PM
The reason behind this is that the player profile doesn't sync with the server until the post-match screen. With a dc you never reach that point so the sync operation never performs, effectively making it so the match up until that point never existed.

ChampionRuby50g
10-25-2017, 01:05 AM
The reason behind this is that the player profile doesn't sync with the server until the post-match screen. With a dc you never reach that point so the sync operation never performs, effectively making it so the match up until that point never existed.

Then it seems like a simple change to me, but i know nothing about programming. So many games in the past have had it so if you either choose to leave or get DC you keep your XP/rewards. It would make getting the orders done easier too, because me getting 19 takedowns In a game only to DC and start from the start is more than annoying.

Tyrjo
10-25-2017, 09:45 AM
The amount of steel and XP we lost through disconnects are...vast.

We need a "We're sorry package" when the dedicated servers are released. A 50k steel pack and a couple of double XP weekends.

RatedChaotic
10-25-2017, 02:27 PM
The amount of steel and XP we lost through disconnects are...vast.

We need a "We're sorry package" when the dedicated servers are released. A 50k steel pack and a couple of double XP weekends.

I'd be so on board with this. Since this games release I have had only 3 games that were actually in my region. Every game other than those 3 were Red Nat Warrior games out of my region and were filled with resyncs and disconnects. The only reason why I got those 3 games was because I sat there and exited matchmaking hundreds of times to find them. I just decided to play solo til dedicated servers come. Thanks Ubisoft for screwing me out of the event rewards with your crappy multiplayer. I rather not have the rewards than deal with Red Nats all day.

FredEx919
10-25-2017, 02:55 PM
3 months ago I asked a question on a Community Questions thread, (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1691964-Community-Questions-Post-Here/page3) and the question I am now again wondering about is: Can we have a system that allows us to keep XP earned during disconnected matches?

I know this question was answered in the following Den. (Edit: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=4ccUlvhZQbw)

The question was asked at 58:40, and the answer was "we are investigating it, we are looking into it" It was also mentioned if anything new pops up we will be informed. To my knowledge, nothing has been shared since.

Edit 2: probably because I'm on mobile, but the link isn't going blue. Sorry about that to those who want to look, im simply too tired to try and fix. But that's the Den.

My new question is: Why haven't we seen this implemented yet? Right now disconnecting is very common, everyone knows this. But I still deserve to be rewarded for playing a game right up until the end, be that games ended or it has crashed, or Disconnected me due to whatever error. Even running for 30 seconds then DCing deserves some sort of compensation, because I currently have to wait 5 minutes minimum to get into a game, no matter what the activity counter reads. I am all for waiting a while, but only if my time isn't wasted in the end, which happens more often than not. So, why do we not get to keep a margin of XP and steel for our troubles? I shouldn't need to explain why this is beneficial for everyone, including Ubisoft.

I don't have a good answer to this, but I can definitely send it over to see if we have any updates on the topic. I don't want to make promises on the coverage, but I'll definitely suggest it as a topic for the Warrior's Den. Thanks for bringing it back up.

ChampionRuby50g
10-26-2017, 12:06 AM
I don't have a good answer to this, but I can definitely send it over to see if we have any updates on the topic. I don't want to make promises on the coverage, but I'll definitely suggest it as a topic for the Warrior's Den. Thanks for bringing it back up.

Thank you! It's better than nothing I guess.

Tyrjo, I 100% agree. That needs to happen without a doubt, to all the players who have stuck around since Season 1 through thick and thin.

GMG Peter
10-27-2017, 04:37 PM
+1000 points on this

RatedChaotic
10-28-2017, 03:09 PM
Same