PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Gold Edition - No Towelie Code

Bumblebee78
10-18-2017, 01:20 PM
To whoever can help me with this issue. I looked at the forums and found different answers. Can someone at Ubisoft give me a definitive answer?

I do not have access to Towelie. I did not get a separate code to download it. Nothing on my receipt from the store where I bought it, nothing in the game case. I redeemed the code for the Season Pass but no Towelie. How can this be resolved?

Thank you.

HSalvador21
10-18-2017, 02:46 PM
Same Here! i was wondering if i was the odd one out, is there suppossed to be a seperate code???

HSalvador21
10-18-2017, 02:48 PM
"The season pass is also a way for people to get the Day One content without purchasing the game on, well, day one. By getting the season pass, you'll get the Relics of Zaron costume and perks pack on 17 October, and Towelie: Your Gaming Bud on 24 October. "
Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/south-park-fractured-whole-season-pass-contents-detailed-three/

TwoSevenOffsuit
10-18-2017, 02:49 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

Bumblebee78
10-18-2017, 03:48 PM
Thank you for the info

TwoSevenOffsuit
10-18-2017, 03:51 PM
This may be a dumb question then but does that mean the Towelie companion will not be available until the 24th then even though I preordered?

UbiFancy
10-18-2017, 08:30 PM
Hi everyone! If you haven't yet, I recommend creating a support case (https://support.ubi.com) with your proof of purchase so that our technical team can look into getting you access to the Towelie DLC as soon as possible.

Bumblebee78
10-18-2017, 10:22 PM
I just created a support case. Fingers crossed for it to be resolved quickly!

brn-dn
10-20-2017, 04:02 AM
Has this been solved for you? I'm in the same boat and just submitted my case.

dr_chronic_logic
10-20-2017, 04:49 AM
Personally, I submitted a case yesterday, about 27 hours ago, with proof of purchase and a photo off the "Add-Ons" cross-menu on the PS4 home screen with the Towelie DLC missing.
Waited until today and had not heard back yet - after no response for 20 hours, decided to go into support chat.

The live chat agent looked at the submitted case and acknowledged that many PS4 Gold Steelbook buyers did not receive the Towelie DLC. They agent said they are 'not sure how it happened', but that they 'are giving the codes out'.

Users will need to create a case on the Ubi Support page for their region, providing their proof of purchase. Once someone reviews the case, they should be able to confirm the missing DLC.

"It will go in a queue and you will be emailed a new code asap" is what the agent told me.

That was 7 hours ago, still waiting for a code to be sent to me currently...

brn-dn
10-21-2017, 01:25 AM
It's been about 22 hours since I submitted my case with proof of purchase and still no code.

Pretty lame that this is happening to people that bought the more expensive copy of the game.

I don't want to continue playing until I get it but at the same time I really want to play the game I paid for with all the content I was supposed to receive.

dr_chronic_logic
10-21-2017, 05:37 AM
It's been about 22 hours since I submitted my case with proof of purchase and still no code.

Pretty lame that this is happening to people that bought the more expensive copy of the game.

I don't want to continue playing until I get it but at the same time I really want to play the game I paid for with all the content I was supposed to receive.

Submitted my case about 52 hours ago, but then I chatted with an agent at hour 20 and my case was added to the correct queue at that point. Still waiting for it, 32 hours since it was escalated an nothing yet, though others have received it in less time apparently.

If you haven't already, jump into the Live Chat directly from your case to escalate the case into the correct queue, as I understand it this may help speed up the process.
(Add a comment an hit the Live Chat button instead of Submit Comment)

brn-dn
10-21-2017, 03:09 PM
Submitted my case about 52 hours ago, but then I chatted with an agent at hour 20 and my case was added to the correct queue at that point. Still waiting for it, 32 hours since it was escalated an nothing yet, though others have received it in less time apparently.

If you haven't already, jump into the Live Chat directly from your case to escalate the case into the correct queue, as I understand it this may help speed up the process.
(Add a comment an hit the Live Chat button instead of Submit Comment)

I just talked to chat but they couldn't tell me when to expect a code. I don't understand why it is taking so long you would think they would want to keep purchasers of the Gold edition happy but it doesn't seem that way so far.

I would've been better off with the standard edition because I would've actually got the code.

dr_chronic_logic
10-21-2017, 05:14 PM
I just talked to chat but they couldn't tell me when to expect a code. I don't understand why it is taking so long you would think they would want to keep purchasers of the Gold edition happy but it doesn't seem that way so far.

I would've been better off with the standard edition because I would've actually got the code.

Just spoke with some people on a different website/forum who have had this resolved via Ubi Support and they are reporting that it took 3 days to get a code from them

brn-dn
10-21-2017, 06:16 PM
Just spoke with some people on a different website/forum who have had this resolved via Ubi Support and they are reporting that it took 3 days to get a code from them

It's been about three days for you now hasn't it?

dr_chronic_logic
10-21-2017, 07:55 PM
It's been about three days for you now hasn't it?

Yeah it's been about 66 hours now since the initial case creation and about 46 hours since the live agent confirmed I was in queue to receive the code. I'll report back here once I get it, but I've stopped holding my breath at this point. The live agents are friendly but their access and capabilities are of course limited - all we can really do is wait for the technical team to get through the queue at this point.

I had previously heard from some people who purchased the game through EB and GameStop - they were able to simply call the retailer to got a replacement code for the missing DLC over the phone. As such, I had spoken with Amazon to see if they were doing the same, however the Amazon agent barely understood the situation and wanted to send a replacement copy of the game until I explained the same thing was likely to occur with whatever copy they sent me. They advised me it was best to complete the process through Ubisoft support (and actually gave me a partial discount on the order "for the trouble" of having to deal with the issue directly through the manufacturer - I think this was more of a "please get off the phone, I dunno what to do sir" offer though). So depending on where you purchased it, it may be worth discussing it with your retailer if you haven't already, though typically the recommended course of action is what we're doing already.

I've personally spent too much time looking into this, so I'm fine with waiting at this point, just a bit irritated overall. From what I see of the DLC on YT, it's not a game-stopper and too minor an element to prevent me from continuing gameplay any longer.

brn-dn
10-21-2017, 09:51 PM
Yeah it's been about 66 hours now since the initial case creation and about 46 hours since the live agent confirmed I was in queue to receive the code. I'll report back here once I get it, but I've stopped holding my breath at this point. The live agents are friendly but their access and capabilities are of course limited - all we can really do is wait for the technical team to get through the queue at this point.

I had previously heard from some people who purchased the game through EB and GameStop - they were able to simply call the retailer to got a replacement code for the missing DLC over the phone. As such, I had spoken with Amazon to see if they were doing the same, however the Amazon agent barely understood the situation and wanted to send a replacement copy of the game until I explained the same thing was likely to occur with whatever copy they sent me. They advised me it was best to complete the process through Ubisoft support (and actually gave me a partial discount on the order "for the trouble" of having to deal with the issue directly through the manufacturer - I think this was more of a "please get off the phone, I dunno what to do sir" offer though). So depending on where you purchased it, it may be worth discussing it with your retailer if you haven't already, though typically the recommended course of action is what we're doing already.

I've personally spent too much time looking into this, so I'm fine with waiting at this point, just a bit irritated overall. From what I see of the DLC on YT, it's not a game-stopper and too minor an element to prevent me from continuing gameplay any longer.

Yeah I bought it online from Best Buy but it doesn't seem right to bother them about it since it isn't their fault the code wasn't in the case.

I want to keep waiting because I'm a pretty hardcore South Park fan and Towelie appearances on the show are rare but always hilarious so I think it would really add to my enjoyment of the game.

dr_chronic_logic
10-23-2017, 08:42 PM
Yeah I bought it online from Best Buy but it doesn't seem right to bother them about it since it isn't their fault the code wasn't in the case.

I want to keep waiting because I'm a pretty hardcore South Park fan and Towelie appearances on the show are rare but always hilarious so I think it would really add to my enjoyment of the game.

Update: 112 hours after creating my initial case, my Towelie DLC code finally arrived via email from Ubi Support.
Glad be done with this.