PDA

View Full Version : No more defensive meta

MadeArtifact
10-18-2017, 11:37 AM
I can see having it in 4v4 matches but in dual or brawl need to get rid of it. People are just using it way to muchelp I think. It makes it not fun for me at least. What do you guys think?

Charmzzz
10-18-2017, 11:50 AM
Everybody knows that the Def-Meta is annoying and it has to go. Ubi-Devs said they are working on changes, raising Block-Damage was the first thing to encourage aggressive play. Maybe Season 4 will bring bigger Changes in that regard.

Jarl.Felix
10-18-2017, 01:19 PM
Everybody knows that the Def-Meta is annoying and it has to go. Ubi-Devs said they are working on changes, raising Block-Damage was the first thing to encourage aggressive play. Maybe Season 4 will bring bigger Changes in that regard.

You simply enjoy and support every move that gives PK more buffs :))

You want more block-dmg so you can click-click-click more with your PK ? Haha, funny guy..

uglyface87
10-18-2017, 01:25 PM

You want more block-dmg so you can click-click-click more with your PK ? Haha, funny guy..

If they put more block damage to the heavy hits there will be no buffs for PK. The lights can be blocks easy if you track your opponents moves.

DoctorMcBatman
10-18-2017, 03:00 PM

I thought we were still waiting on the defensive meta to take place? My understanding was they were rolling out small changes per patch, with the intention of having major changes in a future patch? Is that wrong?

The game is still a turtlefest for Warden, WL, Shug, and Raider (depending on the player of course, but these are generally the culprits).

Charmzzz
10-18-2017, 03:15 PM

Edit: Block Damage was changed in Patch 1.11 about 2 months ago:
https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-298289-16/for-honor-v111-patch-notes

Chip Damage

Chip Damage on attacks dealing 0 to 20 damage increased to 18% (from 2%).
Chip Damage on attacks dealing 21 to 45 damage increased to 18% (from 5%).
Chip Damage on attacks dealing more than 45 damage increased to 18% (from 10%).

Developer comments: Chip Damage is the amount of damage that you deal when your attacks are Regular Blocked by the opponent. Since the Chip Damage values currently varied from 2%, 5% and 10% based on attack damage, Chip Damage has been so low that you would never fear to Block anything. This increase will make blocking less effective as a stalling mechanic as there will be a more noticeable health penalty to pay.

Chip Damage will however still not be lethal.
No Chip Damage is applied when your attacks are Deflected, Parried, or Interrupt Blocked*.

*Note: Interrupt Block occurs when a Light Attack is Blocked, or when a Light or Heavy Attack is Superior Blocked.

Chip Damage stacks with Chip Damage Gear Stat, damage buff from Feat / Boost, Revenge damage bonus.
Chip Damage does not stack with Attack / Defense Gear Stat.

So NO, I am not assuming any indirect buff for PK. Anyway, spamming Lights @17 Damage would deal 3 Chip Damage IF it would deal Chip Damage at all. Wow, such high Damage! And you could even raise it to 5 Damage when you go full block Damage on your equipment. Now that is a big deal! ;)

But as PK Lights are "Interrupt Blocked" they deal no Chip Damage at all. Every post of you shows me that you have no idea about the game. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not a PK Fanboy and encourage buffs on classes that do not need them. I mentioned in several threads that I would welcome a nerf to the 400ms Attacks of PK (Zone and 2nd Light) IF they buff some other move, because those fast Attacks is the only thing that is good on PK. My suggestions: allow PK to soft-feint heavy attacks in chains again (into dagger cancel or GB) and give her dagger cancels the unblockable state (but still parryable) @500ms.

SoulEavens
10-18-2017, 09:11 PM
In my Opinion what we need is that the Interrupt of Light Attacks needs to go. Allow us (especially the slow classes) to trade! If no one is interrupted by Light Attacks (exception unblockbles they should be interruped by Light Attacks), People will be far more willing to Trade. Often you have no chance but Turtling/parry Fishing since you get Light spammed.

Also something needs to be done about the parry, it is a bit to Rewarding. Maybe a counter Parry Parry? Where you can negate the Parry and get the Attack through if you have the right timing?

Jarl.Felix
10-18-2017, 10:48 PM
Edit: Block Damage was changed in Patch 1.11 about 2 months ago:
https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-298289-16/for-honor-v111-patch-notes

Chip Damage

Chip Damage on attacks dealing 0 to 20 damage increased to 18% (from 2%).
Chip Damage on attacks dealing 21 to 45 damage increased to 18% (from 5%).
Chip Damage on attacks dealing more than 45 damage increased to 18% (from 10%).

Developer comments: Chip Damage is the amount of damage that you deal when your attacks are Regular Blocked by the opponent. Since the Chip Damage values currently varied from 2%, 5% and 10% based on attack damage, Chip Damage has been so low that you would never fear to Block anything. This increase will make blocking less effective as a stalling mechanic as there will be a more noticeable health penalty to pay.

Chip Damage will however still not be lethal.
No Chip Damage is applied when your attacks are Deflected, Parried, or Interrupt Blocked*.

*Note: Interrupt Block occurs when a Light Attack is Blocked, or when a Light or Heavy Attack is Superior Blocked.

Chip Damage stacks with Chip Damage Gear Stat, damage buff from Feat / Boost, Revenge damage bonus.
Chip Damage does not stack with Attack / Defense Gear Stat.

So NO, I am not assuming any indirect buff for PK. Anyway, spamming Lights @17 Damage would deal 3 Chip Damage IF it would deal Chip Damage at all. Wow, such high Damage! And you could even raise it to 5 Damage when you go full block Damage on your equipment. Now that is a big deal! ;)

But as PK Lights are "Interrupt Blocked" they deal no Chip Damage at all. Every post of you shows me that you have no idea about the game. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not a PK Fanboy and encourage buffs on classes that do not need them. I mentioned in several threads that I would welcome a nerf to the 400ms Attacks of PK (Zone and 2nd Light) IF they buff some other move, because those fast Attacks is the only thing that is good on PK. My suggestions: allow PK to soft-feint heavy attacks in chains again (into dagger cancel or GB) and give her dagger cancels the unblockable state (but still parryable) @500ms.

Yeah, my bad i don't play a single op char the whole game like you do...

Nice suggestion tho' . Trade something for something even more OP :)) cool stuff

ChampionRuby50g
10-18-2017, 11:23 PM
PK can already soft feint a heavy into GB. Saw it done the other day.

matt89connor
10-19-2017, 07:14 AM
I can see having it in 4v4 matches but in dual or brawl need to get rid of it. People are just using it way to muchelp I think. It makes it not fun for me at least. What do you guys think?

i simply hope the defensive meta patch will come soon to eleminate that cancer tattics in this game...

Mighty_Mackerel
10-19-2017, 08:13 AM

Where the hell did that come from? Charmzzz didn't say anything of the sort regarding the PK... Besides, having talked to him before in threads of my own, he knows what hes talking about, don't go saying things without facts and/or proof to back up your points.