PDA

View Full Version : Calling botters out on the forum?

Thel..
10-18-2017, 11:11 AM
I'm sure you've all seen botters, spamming attacks on walls for an entire match.

So, i've reported a specific person multiple times and I keep seeing them in matches doing the same thing. So, since Ubisoft doesn't have a manner of review or a process for people who are botting. The only thing that can be done is publicly shame them here on the forums.

Question, is calling people out by name on the forums a bannable offense? Some games have that added idiocy of banning people that call out botters. It's getting frustrating that I'm 3v4ing and suffering a crushing defeat while at the same time as helping someone level up. And if I see them and leave, I'm rewarded with a 10 minute time out to brood and get even more sick of playing the game.

RoosterIlluzion
10-18-2017, 12:47 PM
Yes, unfortunately, you will be the one getting punished if you name and shame. Fair, right?

Thel..
10-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Totally makes sense... *Sigh*

RatedChaotic
10-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Welcome to For Disconnect, For Resync, For RedNat, For Error, and I knew there was more....For Exploits...lol.

UbiJurassic
10-18-2017, 07:14 PM
I'm sure you've all seen botters, spamming attacks on walls for an entire match.

So, i've reported a specific person multiple times and I keep seeing them in matches doing the same thing. So, since Ubisoft doesn't have a manner of review or a process for people who are botting. The only thing that can be done is publicly shame them here on the forums.

Question, is calling people out by name on the forums a bannable offense? Some games have that added idiocy of banning people that call out botters. It's getting frustrating that I'm 3v4ing and suffering a crushing defeat while at the same time as helping someone level up. And if I see them and leave, I'm rewarded with a 10 minute time out to brood and get even more sick of playing the game.

Yes, naming and shaming is against the forum rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142072&viewfull=1#post10142072). While we can understand that some players are frustrated by the infrequent cases when they run across people trying to exploit the game, we ask that you note their name, record them in action and report them over to our support team so they can be dealt with accordingly.

Naming and shaming is against the rules because we do not want to promote witch hunts against certain players. The forums are meant to foster player discussions, not hostilities.