PDA

View Full Version : The one big AI change we still need, that would help much.

mortoma
06-17-2004, 10:16 AM
If they could put in a few more program instructions that would cause the AI to have a tendency to attack only ( or mostly ) healthy enemy planes, this would stop AI kill stealing a lot. It really kills me when I work so hard to kill a plane only to see an AI on my side put in a couple of hits in it just to claim the kill. They could be going after a more dangerous healthy opponent rather than one that is inevitably going down no matter what. Especially in the case of planes on fire or heavily smoking with black smoke, the AI have no business further damaging those. They should just lay-off them completely. If they could implement this without increasing the program cycle time too much and make the program run too much slower, then we'd have a much better offline world. As people upgrade computers to newer technology, Ubi could raise the cycle time a little bit more anyway without hurting too much. Faster computers run through a set of instructions faster, after all.

[This message was edited by mortoma on Thu June 17 2004 at 09:24 AM.]

mortoma
06-17-2004, 10:16 AM
If they could put in a few more program instructions that would cause the AI to have a tendency to attack only ( or mostly ) healthy enemy planes, this would stop AI kill stealing a lot. It really kills me when I work so hard to kill a plane only to see an AI on my side put in a couple of hits in it just to claim the kill. They could be going after a more dangerous healthy opponent rather than one that is inevitably going down no matter what. Especially in the case of planes on fire or heavily smoking with black smoke, the AI have no business further damaging those. They should just lay-off them completely. If they could implement this without increasing the program cycle time too much and make the program run too much slower, then we'd have a much better offline world. As people upgrade computers to newer technology, Ubi could raise the cycle time a little bit more anyway without hurting too much. Faster computers run through a set of instructions faster, after all.

[This message was edited by mortoma on Thu June 17 2004 at 09:24 AM.]

GT182
06-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Good point mortoma. They sure are a pain in the butt at times. If you're in the way they will shoot you down too.

Maybe a radio command to tell them to hold and only cover would work too.

"GT182" / "Stab/JG51_vonSpinmeister"
www.bombs-away.net (http://www.bombs-away.net)
"Fly to Survive, Survive to Fly"

mortoma
06-17-2004, 11:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GT182:
Good point mortoma. They sure are a pain in the butt at times. If you're in the way they will shoot you down too.

Maybe a radio command to tell them to hold and only cover would work too.

"GT182" / "Stab/JG51_vonSpinmeister"
http://www.bombs-away.net
"Fly to Survive, Survive to Fly"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope!! You are thankfully wrong on your second point.
In this leaked patch, they have tweaked the AI a bit to stop shooting you if you are between them and an enemy. This is no longer such danger, you may still get hit a little but it's no where near as bad as it used to be. The official patch of course, will retain this nice improvement. Now if only they could change it so they don't shoot at dead planes on their way down, we'd have it made.

Brain32
06-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Yes they are really annoying, BUT you can tell them to go home or to another waypoint, also you can set a few bombers or ground targets and instruct them to attack. It works 90%!!!
But this is still a must be fixed issue.

mortoma
06-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Not really, not in my case. I can't tell them to do anything since I never fly as flight leader. I like flying formation so much, I always fly as low ranking officer. If I progress to the leader, I kill my campaign and start another. Getting to flight leader level is the ruination of the career for me. And having the additional burden of having to enter in orders for my flight to follow gives me too much to do and kills the immersion for me. I'd rather concentrate on killing enemy. I have enough to do!! Plus flying as a peon has the added benefit making it so you don't have to navigate, you only have to follow the other planes. Perfect for us lazy fliers that are only interested in formation flying and combat itself. Another bad thing about being flight leader is you have no idea what altitude you are supposed to be at in any given point in time. So they should fix AI problems for people that don't always fly as flight leader.

Luftcaca
06-17-2004, 03:20 PM
ok someone please tell me WHY OH WHY the AI doesnt bail out when its plane is on FIRE.

if you fly a single engine plane and its on fire, you dont stay in the fight like an idiot to wait to become a hotdog, YOU GET THE HELL OUT.

to make em bail out of a single engine plane on fire would also reduce the kill stealing, cuz from time to time the AI still shoots at burning wreckage http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

http://www.ifrance.com/boussourir/luftcaca.jpg

Formerly ''known'' as Gunther Aeroburst

Luftcaca
06-17-2004, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brain32:
or to another waypoint
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well for some reason they almost always disobey to that order.

you hear "Ok copy that" on your radio but first thing you know is that the **** who said that is still fighting...

you can tell em to go back to base, that works, but sometime you have to tell em twice, for some reason...

http://www.ifrance.com/boussourir/luftcaca.jpg

Formerly ''known'' as Gunther Aeroburst