PDA

View Full Version : Remove Shinobis ability to parry LB & Shugoki

SlickCriminal27
10-17-2017, 04:22 PM
After the recent buff these parasites have gotten, they have truly become the new Centurions. Classes who are slow like Shugoki and Lawbringer have an extremely hard time dealing with those teleporting from one place to another in a second., spamming that accursed flying kick. Either remove their ability to parry LB and Shugokis or make LB and Shugoki stand still when they get hit by Shinobis, absolutely pathetic how those huge guys gets thrown around like a rag doll by a little rat.

SlickCriminal27
10-17-2017, 04:30 PM
I should also add that you should do the same to PK

Rahnzan
10-17-2017, 04:36 PM
When you hear a puff of smoke, hit Square.

SlickCriminal27
10-17-2017, 04:42 PM
When you hear a puff of smoke, hit Square.

Listen my friend, I main LB and Shugoki, they are too slow to react to that ****. It doesnt work like what you describe

Charmzzz
10-17-2017, 04:58 PM
Listen my friend, I main LB and Shugoki, they are too slow to react to that ****. It doesnt work like what you describe

Listen young Padawan, Guard switch is 100ms and Guard break is 400ms for all classes, When you are in an Attack animation like a 600ms Light, Shinobi cannot interrupt it if he pressed his Light later. Especially not when you are Shugoki and you have Hyperarmor.

SlickCriminal27
10-17-2017, 05:10 PM
Listen young Padawan, Guard switch is 100ms and Guard break is 400ms for all classes, When you are in an Attack animation like a 600ms Light, Shinobi cannot interrupt it if he pressed his Light later. Especially not when you are Shugoki and you have Hyperarmor.

Listen young conscript, you are taking this thread out of point and starting to focus on other crap. Im suggesting to remove Shinobis and PK's ability to parry big guys like Shugoki and LB. That's it. Bye.

MetalDevil19
10-17-2017, 05:13 PM
But I love it when Shinobis spam the double dodge when they hold right click to cancel the dodge animation, gives me plenty of time for a free guardbreak.

Charmzzz
10-17-2017, 05:51 PM
Listen young conscript, you are taking this thread out of point and starting to focus on other crap. Im suggesting to remove Shinobis and PK's ability to parry big guys like Shugoki and LB. That's it. Bye.

I understand your point, but those heavy guys have 50% more HP and access to unblockable attacks. PK has no unblockable and Shin has only 100 HP. Thats why Assassins are faster when it comes to Light Attacks. They have disadvantages at other things.

And I have to say that both of those are pretty hard to beat if they play good.

MetalDevil19
10-17-2017, 05:56 PM
I understand your point, but those heavy guys have 50% more HP and access to unblockable attacks. PK has no unblockable and Shin has only 100 HP. Thats why Assassins are faster when it comes to Light Attacks. They have disadvantages at other things.

110, actually.

Charmzzz
10-17-2017, 06:00 PM
110, actually.

Oh yeah, mistyped. Still the heavy guys have at least one heavy more HP and other tools.

TheTKOShow
10-17-2017, 06:02 PM
Hahahaha guess you are not ready for my style.
Hyperarmor and getting kicked is like a free idk almost everything but charged heavy for a shugoki. Lite attack headbut. If they parry that then we'll feint a heavy.
And lb shinobi is a good fight. If shinobi tries to light spam just block and shove. Gotta get a parry or gb from range but once you do there pretty much respawing

SlickCriminal27
10-17-2017, 07:15 PM

I understand they are fast, and that's also the way it should be, since they have low hp compared to other classes, however they are TOO fast for LB and Shugoki, that's why I'm suggesting to remove their ability to parry LB and Shugoki ONLY.

UbiJurassic
10-17-2017, 07:52 PM
I can definitely see where those two can be frustrating for larger characters. However, I don't see where removing parries would resolve the issue. As Charmzzz stated, LB and Shugo both have access to super armor and unblockable moves that, when correctly utilized, will allow you to remain competitive with assassins. To better learn PK and Shinobi's weaknesses, I'd suggest playing them for a bit in practice mode and learning their movesets. That way you can find the weak spots in their gameplay and your windows for counter-attacking.

TSCDescon
10-18-2017, 01:05 AM
I can definitely see where those two can be frustrating for larger characters. However, I don't see where removing parries would resolve the issue. As Charmzzz stated, LB and Shugo both have access to super armor and unblockable moves that, when correctly utilized, will allow you to remain competitive with assassins. To better learn PK and Shinobi's weaknesses, I'd suggest playing them for a bit in practice mode and learning their movesets. That way you can find the weak spots in their gameplay and your windows for counter-attacking.

Shinobi should not be able to do a heavy or backflip away if he/she miss the kick. That way the shinobi can be more punishable. Now, its kick > heavy, or kick > backflip. I don't see a way to punish that. Most shinobis are smart enough to guard break a shugoki first to take away the UI before going full offensive with kicks.

UbiJurassic
10-18-2017, 01:20 AM
Shinobi should not be able to do a heavy or backflip away if he/she miss the kick. That way the shinobi can be more punishable. Now, its kick > heavy, or kick > backflip. I don't see a way to punish that. Most shinobis are smart enough to guard break a shugoki first to take away the UI before going full offensive with kicks.

I'll definitely note your feedback on the Shinobi down for the team. The hero has definitely been receiving a variety of different suggestions for balance from players and we may look to make some changes in the near future.

We.the.North
10-18-2017, 02:54 AM

Just to put things into perspective, the kick + ranged heavy deals 25 damage. There are a lot of moves that would trade favorably against that ... and your character might even have more hp than the Shinobi to begin with.

I've seen people bad at countering the kick just throw a Heavy into the flying Shinobi (some heavy deals 35-40 damage) and trade up.

PDXGorechild
10-20-2017, 08:38 AM
Yet another issue that could be fixed by removing the f*cking free damage from parry.

ThomHermans1
10-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Cant the LB punish the kick with a Dodge+Shove? An cant he punish the kick+backflip with a dodge+top heavy, or is the range to short?

Omegaweapon1371
10-20-2017, 01:37 PM
Hi Ubijurassic. I just wanted to ask a question towards the shinobi. Is there a reason why the Shinobi's Normal kick That lead's into a Ranged heavy. Is well. Better then super armour? Let's say if the Lawbringer. or someone els with a Pushback move trades with him. The shinobi always wins and get's the free heavy? If this question has already been given out. Could someone link it? So I can read it for myself?

I just feel the kick is a tad unfair if someone trades the kick with another unblockable kick punch Shove. Etc. But the Shinobi's kick is just Super Super Armour and gives him the free heavy.

Tum_Energia
10-20-2017, 09:38 PM
Yeah and what about LB and shugokis unblock able/ uninterruptible moves?

Besides they hit way harder..

Devils-_-legacy
10-20-2017, 10:22 PM
Don't a lb get a ganranteed unblockable after a parry I think that's enough aint it

ChampionRuby50g
10-20-2017, 10:31 PM
Cant the LB punish the kick with a Dodge+Shove? An cant he punish the kick+backflip with a dodge+top heavy, or is the range to short?

The Kick from shinobi still staggers the LB if he is shoving them, so the Shinobi still gets a free heavy on him.
Not sure about the top heavy tbh, it might trade with the shinobi. Not 100% on that.

ChampionRuby50g
10-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Don't a lb get a ganranteed unblockable after a parry I think that's enough aint it

After a light parry only, if it's a heavy parry you can still dodge it or parry it yourself.