PDA

View Full Version : Uplay PC Client - October 17th Update

Ubi-Kay
10-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Hey everyone,

We have released a patch today with a few changes.

Changes in this release

The Ubisoft Club UI has been updated to match that of other platforms (Note: Actions have been renamed "Classic Challenges" and can now be found on the Challenges tab)
The chat UI has been updated and is now a lot less bubbly
A warning has been added when a username change is attempted too often

As always, if you encounter any issues or have any feedback, please let us know!

/Uplay PC Team

andynaruto10
10-17-2017, 12:10 PM
Hm...I don't know what to say. The right side of the Club Challenges is kinda pointless. We see the title and details of each action we click on, which are already in the list. I don't need to see them twice. Only the date and how many Uplay points or XP are added. But they could have been easily written in the list. Just like before this update... Also, I liked the tabs for each category of Club Challenges/Actions. The Main Story ones, the DLC ones, the Badges. l really liked seeing all badges on that tab. It was a lot more organized before.

I like that you try and bring new things and improve Uplay, but don't break what already works. If no one complains, means it's good, leave it like that. Change back the Games Library too, 'cuz we see the games twice. You know, before the August 31st update.

It was good how it was before. Not sure I'll get used to the new golden Uplay points icon.

Lord_Furface
10-17-2017, 12:54 PM
Few notes.
Fist, sure feels a little more modern, but.

Still would like a section for DLC content and one for original game, have muck less overview now.
Second. where did the badges go?

Ubi-gabelikes
10-18-2017, 02:52 PM
Hey, thanks for the comments.

Hm...I don't know what to say. The right side of the Club Challenges is kinda pointless. We see the title and details of each action we click on, which are already in the list. I don't need to see them twice. Only the date and how many Uplay points or XP are added. But they could have been easily written in the list. Just like before this update... Also, I liked the tabs for each category of Club Challenges/Actions. The Main Story ones, the DLC ones, the Badges. l really liked seeing all badges on that tab. It was a lot more organized before.

I like that you try and bring new things and improve Uplay, but don't break what already works. If no one complains, means it's good, leave it like that. Change back the Games Library too, 'cuz we see the games twice. You know, before the August 31st update.

It was good how it was before. Not sure I'll get used to the new golden Uplay points icon.

The right side exists because some of the challenges need extra space to explain them. It's not relevant for all challenges, so maybe there's something that we can look into for that.

In regards to the games library, we plan on making more changes in the future however there is a hide feature at the moment. If you want to get rid of a game tile, use it!

Few notes.
Fist, sure feels a little more modern, but.

Still would like a section for DLC content and one for original game, have muck less overview now.
Second. where did the badges go?

What exact badges are you referring to?

/gabelikes

DarthVaderRUS
10-18-2017, 05:04 PM
Make tabs for "classic" separating: actions, actions with units, badges, DLS. In games such as AC Syndicate, this is a full-fledged confusion.:confused:

Lord_Furface
10-18-2017, 08:19 PM
What exact badges are you referring to?

/gabelikes

The Badges that you can earn in the game, on the old client you could see them on the overview page, were you allso could see earned xp / total xp that you could get from the game, and an overview of how many uplay points you could get in total.
I miss that overview, the new way is a mess. Would like a overview as the old client were you can see XP better and tabs for DLC etc as the old one had.
I can understand tat you needed space to get more tex in for the different "achievements and Club actions" but just make more tabs. throwing everything in a tab "Classic" just makes it cluttered and takes ages to scroll though.

Faradn_Corrino
10-24-2017, 10:23 AM
I hoped it was just a Preview Version and I tried to reinstall Uplay but unfortunately it wasn’t a Preview Version:( Well new “challenges tab” is just a piece of … (not cake). Actually I love achievements, actions and badges and I use these sections in Uplay a lot. For example, I don’t care how game library looks like but I’m pretty sure for some gamers it’s important stuff. As a guy who check “actions” sections every time I launch the game I want to say a few words about it:

• It’s not something modern it’s a step back;
• It’s terrible in use: now all actions (and badges, why???) are in the same list and it’s hard to find an action you missed (for example in The Division I have 56 of 57 completed “challenges” can I find a missed one easily? Maybe it’s the first one or the last one? No, it’s somewhere inside the list). Scrolling the list, you can’t find quickly uncompleted “challenge” you have to read everything;
• How the f*ck can I guess now is a challenge related to storyline or side missions or it’s from the additional content?
• Why did you call everything challenges? Seriously do you think it’s a challenge to start a game? Action is the perfect word that can describe it. Speaking of weekly challenges - no questions, it’s ok to call them challenges;
• I really liked badges because they represent my game progression in the small tab on the main window of the game like “medals”. Now I can’t see all my badges at the same time. And this is pretty annoying. To look at single badge, I have to choose “club challenges”, scroll to the end of the list and select the badge I want to see;
• In every game you have badge “completionist” to get it you have to complete all “club actions” but now you can’t find out which one is a club action and which one is not;
• What was the reason to remove xp progression bar and gained ubipoints bar?
• On the main page of each game you added weekly challenge tab, but very few games in Uplay support weekly challenges (Rainbow Six® Siege and Watch_Dogs® 2). I guess you can agree with me it wasn’t a good idea to add “weekly challenges are not available for this game” on the main page of every single game.

What could be nice if you’ll change in the new design of the “challenges tab” (if you won’t agree that it’s ****ty):

• Add sections for different types of challenges (at least for games that have more than 20 “challenges”). At least you have to separate club actions from non-club actions;
• Add a feature to sort by completed/not completed or make a different background for them. (Seriously when the only difference is text “completed” it’s preppy hard to notice which one is not completed);
• I want to see xp progression for each game because thanks to you now I can see it only in ubisoft club app/site;
• Return badges on the main page.

In summary, new design is terrible, you've done a bad job. You just removed a few useful and interesting stuff. You didn’t bring new thing at all. It seems like you just wanted to change something but not improve it or did you order to do the job to a designer who had no idea how this sections works?

Lord_Furface
10-24-2017, 04:19 PM
I hoped it was just a Preview Version and I tried to reinstall Uplay but unfortunately it wasn’t a Preview Version:( Well new “challenges tab” is just a piece of … (not cake). Actually I love achievements, actions and badges and I use these sections in Uplay a lot. For example, I don’t care how game library looks like but I’m pretty sure for some gamers it’s important stuff. As a guy who check “actions” sections every time I launch the game I want to say a few words about it:

• It’s not something modern it’s a step back;
• It’s terrible in use: now all actions (and badges, why???) are in the same list and it’s hard to find an action you missed (for example in The Division I have 56 of 57 completed “challenges” can I find a missed one easily? Maybe it’s the first one or the last one? No, it’s somewhere inside the list). Scrolling the list, you can’t find quickly uncompleted “challenge” you have to read everything;
• How the f*ck can I guess now is a challenge related to storyline or side missions or it’s from the additional content?
• Why did you call everything challenges? Seriously do you think it’s a challenge to start a game? Action is the perfect word that can describe it. Speaking of weekly challenges - no questions, it’s ok to call them challenges;
• I really liked badges because they represent my game progression in the small tab on the main window of the game like “medals”. Now I can’t see all my badges at the same time. And this is pretty annoying. To look at single badge, I have to choose “club challenges”, scroll to the end of the list and select the badge I want to see;
• In every game you have badge “completionist” to get it you have to complete all “club actions” but now you can’t find out which one is a club action and which one is not;
• What was the reason to remove xp progression bar and gained ubipoints bar?
• On the main page of each game you added weekly challenge tab, but very few games in Uplay support weekly challenges (Rainbow Six® Siege and Watch_Dogs® 2). I guess you can agree with me it wasn’t a good idea to add “weekly challenges are not available for this game” on the main page of every single game.

What could be nice if you’ll change in the new design of the “challenges tab” (if you won’t agree that it’s ****ty):

• Add sections for different types of challenges (at least for games that have more than 20 “challenges”). At least you have to separate club actions from non-club actions;
• Add a feature to sort by completed/not completed or make a different background for them. (Seriously when the only difference is text “completed” it’s preppy hard to notice which one is not completed);
• I want to see xp progression for each game because thanks to you now I can see it only in ubisoft club app/site;
• Return badges on the main page.

In summary, new design is terrible, you've done a bad job. You just removed a few useful and interesting stuff. You didn’t bring new thing at all. It seems like you just wanted to change something but not improve it or did you order to do the job to a designer who had no idea how this sections works?

This guy get it, hire him as a Uplay designer or at least as a consultant :D

I'm with you on this, I always check my actions achievements challenges every time I start a game, and I loved the badges, as you said, it's some kind of medals that you get for completing different tasks.
and same for XP, why do I have to log on to the website to see this?

this change in the launcher was more two steps back and one forward. sure weekly can be fun, but I don't own a single game that supports it, and it's an eye sore for my OCD to see incomplete stuff in my game tabs.