PDA

View Full Version : What can law bringer actually do??

TommyMacpherson
10-16-2017, 10:09 PM
If someone could actually reiterate what law bringer can actually do??? Playing him I can't seem to do much.. considering I don't want to rely so heavily on the shoves.. and feints (never really bothered to use feints) but to be honest I feel I always have to move to those options to get anywhere.. and I find the whole thing incredibly boring and frustrating.. the way the guard stance is.. my hopes of getting a clean hit is practically void, especially if they wait for you to hit first and parry... to the repeat it... I am not a big believer in spamming feints and shoves to get somewhere. And although I can have good games with law bringer especially if the players I play against don't spam grabs and shoves etc... which to be fair I just had a 13-1 game.. fine... not a problem. But the fights are so loooong and drawn out... I can't finish the fight quick enough before the team gank me.. or the parrying is just so rediculous. I find myself switching between so many characters bevause the other players spam their way to a victory.. (grabs and shoves) which at that point I switch up my characters learn some moves on the move set and go back in again... and I am moving between characters so much because of this. I just get more and more frustrated.. or do I have to go in with 100 feints 20 grabs.. and hope for a win?? Ideas please. And or feedback. The stance i think depending on the character is just not character friendly.. (heavy characters) it is just too easy to parry; and come to think of it.. I have more success in realistic event games... where the stance is gone! -_-".

StrOf10kBabies
10-17-2017, 05:40 AM
It doesn't sound like the Lawbringer fits your play style. I'm a rep 18 main Lawbringer and I love his move set the best out of all the characters. Treat him like his class description says. He's a counter attacker so parries, shove + heavies and GB's are your best friend. I often just wait until my opponent attacks me or I try to bait them to attack me first, which is often done with heavy faints, or I will fake a charge by running back and forth into a guard break. He takes a decent amount of patience to play, but IMO he feels like the most balance character with the least amount of cheap ******** moves (he still has a few but I think the least amount) out of the entire For Honor roster. Also, learn to feint your heavies with him. It's very important in 1v1's.

For high level duels and brawls he's a bit difficult to master, since he doesn't have to many viable openers. In dominion and other 4v4 game modes he really shines as an excellent character.

Charmzzz
10-17-2017, 12:14 PM
He takes a decent amount of patience to play, but IMO he feels like the most balance character with the least amount of cheap ******** moves (he still has a few but I think the least amount) out of the entire For Honor roster.

Uhm, what? Shove and Shove on Block into Light / GB Mixup spam and the Impale running is pure cheese and I see it every day in Dominion. Most LB's literally do not do anything else than that. Maybe a Top Light or Top Heavy feint into Top Light. That's it.

These are incredible good openers as Shove is almost non punishable on dodge and impossible to punish on block. Impale from behind is, together with Raider Stampede and Shinobi ranged GB, the best ganking tool in the game atm.

ChampionRuby50g
10-17-2017, 11:04 PM
Uhm, what? Shove and Shove on Block into Light / GB Mixup spam and the Impale running is pure cheese and I see it every day in Dominion. Most LB's literally do not do anything else than that. Maybe a Top Light or Top Heavy feint into Top Light. That's it.

These are incredible good openers as Shove is almost non punishable on dodge and impossible to punish on block. Impale from behind is, together with Raider Stampede and Shinobi ranged GB, the best ganking tool in the game atm.

In 1v1 if your opponent knows what they are doing the impaling charge is useless though, they'll see it coming from a mile off and that's a free parry for them, or regardless the LB will be out of stamina. Not worth the risk of using then. 4v4 entirely different, unless you come across one player by themselves of course.

"Almost" is the key word, it's still punishable. I do agree though he's got good recovery on it, the timing has to be bang on.

Shove spam is just one cheesy move to use in 1v1s. Most PKs I see in Dominion do nothing other than light spam or wait for an attack and dodge - heavy, free bleed. Pretty cheesy too.

Charmzzz
10-18-2017, 09:20 AM
In 1v1 if your opponent knows what they are doing the impaling charge is useless though, they'll see it coming from a mile off and that's a free parry for them, or regardless the LB will be out of stamina. Not worth the risk of using then. 4v4 entirely different, unless you come across one player by themselves of course.

"Almost" is the key word, it's still punishable. I do agree though he's got good recovery on it, the timing has to be bang on.

Shove spam is just one cheesy move to use in 1v1s. Most PKs I see in Dominion do nothing other than light spam or wait for an attack and dodge - heavy, free bleed. Pretty cheesy too.

Why do you relate to PK now? Most Characters "spam" Lights because Heavys are easily parryable in most situations. The only other "spams" I am seeing are unblockable moves, which are in case of melee and not attacks, not parryable and hard to dodge. Shove is an incredible good move, that's why LB's spam it. It is an "almost" 50:50, just like Warden SB. Yes, it is reactable, but it is pretty hard to react correctly in all situations. If you react false - you get hit by a Light or GB which nets the LB a free Heavy. Your example - PK - does not get a free Heavy off anything else then a Light parry.

matt89connor
10-18-2017, 09:35 AM
If someone could actually reiterate what law bringer can actually do??? Playing him I can't seem to do much.. considering I don't want to rely so heavily on the shoves.. and feints (never really bothered to use feints) but to be honest I feel I always have to move to those options to get anywhere.. and I find the whole thing incredibly boring and frustrating.. the way the guard stance is.. my hopes of getting a clean hit is practically void, especially if they wait for you to hit first and parry... to the repeat it... I am not a big believer in spamming feints and shoves to get somewhere. And although I can have good games with law bringer especially if the players I play against don't spam grabs and shoves etc... which to be fair I just had a 13-1 game.. fine... not a problem. But the fights are so loooong and drawn out... I can't finish the fight quick enough before the team gank me.. or the parrying is just so rediculous. I find myself switching between so many characters bevause the other players spam their way to a victory.. (grabs and shoves) which at that point I switch up my characters learn some moves on the move set and go back in again... and I am moving between characters so much because of this. I just get more and more frustrated.. or do I have to go in with 100 feints 20 grabs.. and hope for a win?? Ideas please. And or feedback. The stance i think depending on the character is just not character friendly.. (heavy characters) it is just too easy to parry; and come to think of it.. I have more success in realistic event games... where the stance is gone! -_-".

i really hate fight vs LB, they turtling and wait an attack for start shove 50/50,the offensive LB are very rare (i try too but his moveset isn't for my playstyle ). If you don't play well with this strong hero, is just because your playstyle doesn't suit with his moveset: maybe you prefer a hero who has to attack instead of wait, or an hero who can change many tattics in offense action. Try Rider or Warlord maybe they suit better with your playstyle :)

ChampionRuby50g
10-18-2017, 11:19 PM
Why do you relate to PK now? Most Characters "spam" Lights because Heavys are easily parryable in most situations. The only other "spams" I am seeing are unblockable moves, which are in case of melee and not attacks, not parryable and hard to dodge. Shove is an incredible good move, that's why LB's spam it. It is an "almost" 50:50, just like Warden SB. Yes, it is reactable, but it is pretty hard to react correctly in all situations. If you react false - you get hit by a Light or GB which nets the LB a free Heavy. Your example - PK - does not get a free Heavy off anything else then a Light parry.

I related it because most PKs I see in Brawl, duel, or Dominion do nothing but spam: light, light, feint heavy, ligjt light feint heavy zone cancel.
Very spammy and very cheesey, like LB players who do nothing but shove on block.
With the removal of time snap, getting hit by one light almost all but confirms the 2nd one, especially if you play at an average level.