PDA

View Full Version : Yeah Knights,,Vikings and professionalism..

Ulrichvonbek111
10-16-2017, 03:59 AM
We are told there are no biases against or aired against any one faction by the Devs or Hosts...well that's total bull as many of us know..During the Warriors Den last Thursday a certain female Dev for Faction War /Host showed her utter contempt for a certain faction.
This wasn't the first time on the Warriors Den that this person or another (being the host) has called upon an alliance between the knights and vikings. .The female called for the knights to help the Vikings take 2nd place,,this being said as if it was a joke.
I think not,,I think it was very unprofessional for the position she holds and works within.She called for two factions to fight against one.Like I said this wasn't the first time she's come out with such a bias statement while claiming to be neutral in her position.
Yeah I'm sure...Now let us go back a little in time...
This is the same female Dev who claimed it was her idea for the season 2 winners reward.,,a reward that was useless for the winning faction and a 12th the size of the previous seasons winners reward..an insult of reasoning for this was given in a flippant and arrogant manner..She's not biast ???
So who were season 2's winners ? Hmmm
The same faction that she has called for to be ganked by the other two so her own faction can claim 2nd place ,,Hmmm.
She's not biast ???
Now Ubi/Name people on here and your lackeys can call me out on this but do you think I care what you come back with ?
I'm making this statement because of your ignorance and your obvious biases..I've said many times for certain people on here to remove their tongues from the rear ends of the Ubi/names..
The list is small and you know who you are....

Yes the same female Dev has really piled on the insults and her contempt is beyond reasoning...
Yes remember her ruination of Season 2 winners reward and her most recent biast outburst on a live broadcast...
HOW PROFESSIONAL,,,NOT.

Shadow168235
10-16-2017, 04:06 AM
By calling them Dev's. They have zero idea what they are doing and simply submit empty blocks of code. I agree that no one from the Ubi team should be trying to influence outcome. Would be pretty far down my list of grievances though.

Antonioj26
10-16-2017, 04:07 AM
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a person with this much paranoia.

Moondyne_MC
10-16-2017, 06:14 AM
Ugh, just stop. Us Samurai already have a bad enough name on these forums (for some reason) without people like you adding fuel to the fire.

Aarpian
10-16-2017, 11:16 AM
We are told there are no biases against or aired against any one faction by the Devs or Hosts...well that's total bull as many of us know..During the Warriors Den last Thursday a certain female Dev for Faction War /Host showed her utter contempt for a certain faction.
This wasn't the first time on the Warriors Den that this person or another (being the host) has called upon an alliance between the knights and vikings. .The female called for the knights to help the Vikings take 2nd place,,this being said as if it was a joke.
I think not,,I think it was very unprofessional for the position she holds and works within.She called for two factions to fight against one.Like I said this wasn't the first time she's come out with such a bias statement while claiming to be neutral in her position.
Yeah I'm sure...Now let us go back a little in time...
This is the same female Dev who claimed it was her idea for the season 2 winners reward.,,a reward that was useless for the winning faction and a 12th the size of the previous seasons winners reward..an insult of reasoning for this was given in a flippant and arrogant manner..She's not biast ???
So who were season 2's winners ? Hmmm
The same faction that she has called for to be ganked by the other two so her own faction can claim 2nd place ,,Hmmm.
She's not biast ???
Now Ubi/Name people on here and your lackeys can call me out on this but do you think I care what you come back with ?
I'm making this statement because of your ignorance and your obvious biases..I've said many times for certain people on here to remove their tongues from the rear ends of the Ubi/names..
The list is small and you know who you are....

Yes the same female Dev has really piled on the insults and her contempt is beyond reasoning...
Yes remember her ruination of Season 2 winners reward and her most recent biast outburst on a live broadcast...
HOW PROFESSIONAL,,,NOT.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

You ready?

Here goes...

Nobody gives a ****.

Malyngo
10-16-2017, 12:57 PM
Nobody gives a ****.

I certainly don't. I only play a few hours a week, Up to 1h per day, and not every day. And for me, this whole faction war is totally intransparent. I do not know in the slightest who currently will win, and who will lose.

The past round, most of the time I went online, Vikings were in the lead. I assumed they will be first place, at least 2nd. No, they were third, although the picture painted by the game for me at the times I logged in was pointing somewhere different.

Currently, I don't bother to select a zone anymore. Thus, I can have some for me equally random outcome with less work on my side.

CandleInTheDark
10-16-2017, 02:47 PM
The devs also asked the knights not to win to disprove the conspiracy theories, we know a good deal of them are vikings, they were having a joke on the stream.

The past round, most of the time I went online, Vikings were in the lead. I assumed they will be first place, at least 2nd. No, they were third, although the picture painted by the game for me at the times I logged in was pointing somewhere different.

If you look at the asset deployment percentages though, they tell a story in that the knights deployed more throughout the entire round as they have the whole season (apparently being stung by losing on assets and the addition of the war banner has helped). The shape of the map by the held territories also matters, the devs were asked over this recovery boost mechanic people have said is in the game from the start. The thing is the front lines matter, if a faction are fighting over two more territories and a roughly equal number of people are deploying over all territories, then by default they have less assets going into each individual territory, add the fact that there are people who manually deploy, then leads can appear quickly in territories, this is possibly why factions with a lot of territories will suddenly lose them because they are constantly fighting over more patches of land. This is assuming you believe what they say in that the only thing they touch is balancing assets by faction population and not into any recovery mechanic.If they have said it flat out then honestly I do believe it because in most things they have directly stated they have been straight with us.

The main problem is that people don't think that their individual efforts matter,that is something that ubisoft do need to address. While it may be hard to see individually what effect you have, what I have seen in joining a group is that groups of people do matter. Take round three, the last turn there were three three way fights, the only way the knights had a chance to win was to take all of them, in one of them the knights were 10% behind the leading faction in that territory and when that was the main focus of the people I co-ordinate asset deployment with I saw that lead melt away within half an hour. Between things like that and working around the efforts seen by the people not in a set group in order to keep straight borders and not overextend as much as we as a group can help it around whatever else is going on, group efforts do matter which is why I think there needs to be more communication within a faction even if that is only here is a percentage of where my faction's war banners are to start with and why it might be an idea to actively encourage people to group up.

In any case we are apparently going to see different faction war rules in season 4 that they have run by the people who joined a community workshop, so in the coming month or so after the fifth round ends,starting with the Den after it ends when they said they would go over a few things, it will be interesting to see what they have come up with.

Aarpian
10-16-2017, 02:50 PM
in one of them the knights were 10% behind the leading faction in that territory and when that was the main focus of the people I co-ordinate asset deployment with, I saw that lead melt away within half an hour.

Probably because you and your group were 10% of the total online players at that time, and the only ones who even bothered to deploy assets.

CandleInTheDark
10-16-2017, 03:08 PM
Probably because you and your group were 10% of the total online players at that time, and the only ones who even bothered to deploy assets.

Which highlights my point that co-ordinating with others and manually deploying does matter.

RatedChaotic
10-16-2017, 04:05 PM
Ya the number given in the Warriors Den........." 4million 800 th <mouth noise>. It was alot" ......Thank god she dont do the banking at my bank. Accounts would be messed up like the faction war.

She had to do alot of diggin.(more like figure how out to lie). Couldnt read her notes or her own number she had to search for. Technical Difficulties. Yep it points more to a rigged or broken system than a working one. I cant take them seriously if they say they care so much about a game but give us numbers like this. Thats not being straight with us at all.

We.the.North
10-16-2017, 05:26 PM
1. The fact at the beginning of each round, some territories starts at 55-60% and barely move down when players deploy assets.

2. The fact the total number of war asset deployed on a territory is hidden to the players.

3. The fact there is some sort of "hand of god" giving a massive boost to a faction every time they drop to about 15 territories. They said there is no such things, but the back and forth going on even when an even number of territories are being contested on all factions leads to believe otherwise.

Those 3 points, in my mind, leaves no doubt to a rigged faction war decided mostly by which faction was losing the most 2 territory update before the end of a round. No matter how strategic players are at manually deploying, those deployment doesn't even more 1% of the result and in the long run, players have little to none impact on the outcome.

It's not a gameplay, it's just a gigantic waste of player's time.

thornh
10-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Yeah, we're getting new rules for season 4 because now everyone has won a round, according to plan, to coincide with the DLC. Ubi will never be able to convince me they didn't have a guiding hand in who won each round. It's easy to deny when there is no possible way for the players to refute their numbers. It's a shame because the Faction War could be something worth caring about if it weren't just a marketing ploy. If Ubi actually wants the game to survive past season 4 (and I know a lot of people at Ubi Montreal do) then they had better make everything going forward legit and transparent.

AkenoKobayashi
10-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Maybe we Samurai can win one without the handlers playing Sleight of Hand with the assets at the end like they did in Season 2. No honor in being given the win when we didn't earn it.

Jarl.Felix
10-17-2017, 09:56 PM
Ubisoft it's the worst paid IT company in Romania, and Romania it's like a top country for IT development... Just saying about Ubifail professionalism :D

ArchDukeInstinct
10-18-2017, 02:07 AM
Faction war is a rigged game anyway, man.