PDA

View Full Version : B-17 Multiplayer and singleplayer problem

zokan
02-27-2004, 12:28 AM
This is a third time i reinstaled the IL2-FB, and patched with 1.22 over 1.0 (i tried other combinations too). Problem is, that i have no any kind of missions/campigns for B-17, and in multiplayer, when i choose B-17, nothing happens. I am on the runaway, looking around, without plane (B-17). I dont know whats happening. Pls if someone knows something, or had a same problem, i would like to hear his advise or opinion.....HEELLLPPP

Zoran...

zokan
02-27-2004, 12:28 AM
This is a third time i reinstaled the IL2-FB, and patched with 1.22 over 1.0 (i tried other combinations too). Problem is, that i have no any kind of missions/campigns for B-17, and in multiplayer, when i choose B-17, nothing happens. I am on the runaway, looking around, without plane (B-17). I dont know whats happening. Pls if someone knows something, or had a same problem, i would like to hear his advise or opinion.....HEELLLPPP

Zoran...

Zen--
02-27-2004, 12:52 AM
The B17 is AI only and is not technically flyable.

If you have edited the .mis to include it, you must first select a regular plane to fly, then go back to the B17. Everytime you refly, you will have to hit F2 for external views to see your plane again.

Without externals enabled, the B17 can't be seen at all.

-Zen-

Willthisnamedo
02-27-2004, 12:54 AM
OK Zokan:

1. There are no missions/campaigns for the B17, 'cos it's meant to be AI only, so there's nothing wrong there.

2. However, you can fly it, on external views only, if you do the following:

First (don't know why, but trust me, you have to) fly any normal plane you like (all you need to do is spawn in it and then hit refly).

Now select B17 in the arming screen, and re-spawn. As you have noticed, you can't see it -this is 'cos there's no cockpit to appear in.

Hit F2 - and you should now be looking at your B17 (or any other AAI a/c you want to select)

It will also need you to have set the individual engines t ostart with different keys in your controls map - otherwise none of them will start..

Have fun...