PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that leaves..

Devils-_-legacy
10-15-2017, 05:46 PM
A game when a team mate has taken 3 kills I mean running over with a light ect ect just interested if it annoyed anyone else?

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 05:57 PM
Pretty bad reason to leave a game.

Devils-_-legacy
10-15-2017, 06:11 PM
Well I play to get kills not so my team can watch till the last second to take part

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 06:14 PM
Well I play to get kills not so my team can watch till the last second to take part

Pretty lame to leave the rest of your team high and dry because you can't get what you want.

Devils-_-legacy
10-15-2017, 06:17 PM
I'm parried with them randomly why should I stay every kill they take is less chance of me unlocking my feats

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 06:22 PM
If you want someone to justify you bailing on your team, and potentially crashing the match for 7 other people just because your team aren't playing the way you want them then I'm afraid you won't get it from me.

CheekyKemosabe
10-15-2017, 06:26 PM
If you want someone to justify you bailing on your team, and potentially crashing the match for 7 other people just because your team aren't playing the way you want them then I'm afraid you won't get it from me.

+1

SenBotsu893
10-15-2017, 06:52 PM
in certain cultures this is called: a d i c k move

Devils-_-legacy
10-15-2017, 07:01 PM
No justification needed I'm happy and not how I want them to play lol I'd rather they act like a team mate instead of hitting me away from my opponent or using me as a human shield by attacking through me

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 07:10 PM
No justification needed I'm happy and not how I want them to play lol I'd rather they act like a team mate instead of hitting me away from my opponent or using me as a human shield by attacking through me

Lol yeah they should get their advice on how to be a teammate from a guy who leaves their squad with a bot because he wants to top the charts.

Devils-_-legacy
10-15-2017, 07:23 PM
No top the charts just get the kills I deserve

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 07:35 PM
No top the charts just get the kills I deserve

Oh my bad I guess that's okay then :rolleyes:

Devils-_-legacy
10-15-2017, 07:45 PM
It is in my eyes lol

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 07:54 PM
It is in my eyes lol

Guess I'm just not that desperate for kills. I cant rationalize having the mind set that others have to play it your way and if they don't then you get to completely screw over 3-7 people. It's no different than someone leaving a group because someone picked the same class as you or because they capped a point before you could get credit for it. Whatever though, if you can't see how much of a jerk you are being by doing that then no amount of me explaining it to you is going to change that.

Devils-_-legacy
10-15-2017, 08:03 PM
They don't have to nor am I forcing them 2 hence why I leave the game someone else can join and play there way. why should I stay in a game were my team only run around doing the last hit they don't engage the enemy's unless it's a 2 vs 1 or more I don't like ganking people and I'm not screwing anyone over if the game lags out that's ubisoft problem really not sure why u seem so annoyed at this I don't care for the points but if I'm the only one who damaged him I've spent a few minutes and as Imuch about to get the last hit a team mate knocks me off and takes the kill I'm ment to carry one playing as they do it again and again I'd rather take the ten minutes and wait for a diffrent team.

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 08:09 PM
They don't have to nor am I forcing them 2 hence why I leave the game someone else can join and play there way. why should I stay in a game were my team only run around doing the last hit they don't engage the enemy's unless it's a 2 vs 1 or more I don't like ganking people and I'm not screwing anyone over if the game lags out that's ubisoft problem really not sure why u seem so annoyed at this I don't care for the points but if I'm the only one who damaged him I've spent a few minutes and as Imuch about to get the last hit a team mate knocks me off and takes the kill I'm ment to carry one playing as they do it again and again I'd rather take the ten minutes and wait for a diffrent team.

Sorry friend you are wasting your time, in my eyes you're actions are pure selfishness and Scrubery. They are playing the game with the set of rules made by Ubi and in fact are helping push the objective. Whether it's elimination, dominion, or skirmish killing the enemy faster means less enemies on the field. I would say just play with a group of friends if you don't like the way others play but you probably have trouble finding those with that sort of mind set.

Devils-_-legacy
10-15-2017, 08:32 PM
We will agree to disagree and lol to your way of defending it😂 killing the enemy faster means less enemies on the field.

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 08:47 PM
We will agree to disagree and lol to your way of defending it😂 killing the enemy faster means less enemies on the field.

Am I wrong? If there are 4 enemies and you kill 1 is that not less?

ArchDukeInstinct
10-16-2017, 02:14 AM
A game when a team mate has taken 3 kills I mean running over with a light ect ect just interested if it annoyed anyone else?

So you waste all that time loading into a match just to leave because your team is actually eager to play and is active. Alright.

Morpheus256
10-16-2017, 12:11 PM
I don't really care about getting kills for myself but I get pretty salty when clueless teammates ruin a confirmed kill by interrupting my attacks or saving an enemy from being ledged because they decide to do one last attack before they fall which then stops them from falling. That teammate then ends up being ledged himself...

Malyngo
10-16-2017, 12:46 PM
This game needs some flag that people can switch in the settings between "Do not touch the oppenent I am dealing with, whatever happens", "Please do join in" and maybe "I don't frelling care".

Team mates should be colored accordingly. That way I can frelling know if that guy would rather have me join in or stand on the sidelines (which, by some other players is also frowned upon).

In this game, whatever you do, someone will get pissed about it.

HundredV
10-16-2017, 01:04 PM
I've outlined this kind of issue in this post: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1760140-Game-title-rename
Kill stealing is a problem within game mechanic in combination with mind-set of people who plays it. Hopefully, UBISOFT will introduce mechanic to eliminate this problem.
Obviously there will be people who will oppose just to oppose but also because they have such mind-set that is causing kill stealing. Aka no understanding what is honourable, fair and just, combined with big egoism. Basically they kill steal and think it is normal because they are above and over everyone else in this planet. Trying to reason with such people will gain you nothing but waste of your time.
Since this game is called for Honor, I hope UBISOFT will try accent on their efforts to outline what Honour is from perspectives of various warriors. Such as what we have currently, Knights, Samurais, Vikings, Celts and Roman era warriors so that people playing this game would actually feel proud of being Honourable.

Antonioj26
10-16-2017, 01:25 PM
I've outlined this kind of issue in this post: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1760140-Game-title-rename
Kill stealing is a problem within game mechanic in combination with mind-set of people who plays it. Hopefully, UBISOFT will introduce mechanic to eliminate this problem.
Obviously there will be people who will oppose just to oppose but also because they have such mind-set that is causing kill stealing. Aka no understanding what is honourable, fair and just, combined with big egoism. Basically they kill steal and think it is normal because they are above and over everyone else in this planet. Trying to reason with such people will gain you nothing but waste of your time.
Since this game is called for Honor, I hope UBISOFT will try accent on their efforts to outline what Honour is from perspectives of various warriors. Such as what we have currently, Knights, Samurais, Vikings, Celts and Roman era warriors so that people playing this game would actually feel proud of being Honourable.

Or it could be they are people who realize this is an objective base game and they should play to the objective instead of worrying about another person getting the kill or your arbitrary set of rules of honor. Stop worrying about the name of the game, its a name. If we used names to describe everything, we would call you whiny dork.

Aarpian
10-16-2017, 02:52 PM

But it's not an issue unless you're some obsessive weirdo who thinks the point of a game about capturing zones and collecting points is actually something entirely different.

When you play Super Mario, do you think the point of the game is to kill as many goombas as possible?

Also, here's a fun fact for you - whether or not you get the killing blow, it counts as a kill. Stop whining about a non-existent problem.

CandleInTheDark
10-16-2017, 03:05 PM
Also, here's a fun fact for you - whether or not you get the killing blow, it counts as a kill.

While I agree that what he is doing is not right by any stretch of the imagination, he mentioned feats which leads me to suspect he is an assassin main, finishing fights 1v1 and increasing kill chains through getting the last hit does matter to an assassin since that is where their renown gain is weighted. I've never seen myself declared heroic or legendary or whatever through someone getting the last hit in on someone I hit a short enough time ago that the kill goes onto my board. It could be that most times I have hit the 'x is heroic' chain myself was when I got the last kill and I have missed it when it has popped on sharing kills but supposing that isn't the case, then yeah the last shot matters to an assassin.

Still, like I said, no excuse for what he is doing.

ChampionRuby50g
10-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Sorry friend you are wasting your time, in my eyes you're actions are pure selfishness and Scrubery. They are playing the game with the set of rules made by Ubi and in fact are helping push the objective. Whether it's elimination, dominion, or skirmish killing the enemy faster means less enemies on the field. I would say just play with a group of friends if you don't like the way others play but you probably have trouble finding those with that sort of mind set.

For the record, I agree that anyone who leaves for Devils reasons should just grow up, but there's no reason for you to be acting so high and mighty like you've never been annoyed at someone kill stealing your hard work.

It should never be a reason to leave, but when I have damaged my opponent enough so that I can kill them, and Johhny has been standing there watching the whole fight then comes running over and slams a heavy into their back when I GB to steal my kill, says "Sorry! Thanks!" and then runs off I am well within my right to be pissed off. It's like buying a coffee on a lunch break and you have Someone run up to it and knock it out of your hand just before you can have a sip. You put in money (effort) into getting that coffee only to have someone take it away from you at the last moment.

Antonioj26
10-16-2017, 11:27 PM
For the record, I agree that anyone who leaves for Devils reasons should just grow up, but there's no reason for you to be acting so high and mighty like you've never been annoyed at someone kill stealing your hard work.

It should never be a reason to leave, but when I have damaged my opponent enough so that I can kill them, and Johhny has been standing there watching the whole fight then comes running over and slams a heavy into their back when I GB to steal my kill, says "Sorry! Thanks!" and then runs off I am well within my right to be pissed off. It's like buying a coffee on a lunch break and you have Someone run up to it and knock it out of your hand just before you can have a sip. You put in money (effort) into getting that coffee only to have someone take it away from you at the last moment.

I'm really not being high and mighty, it's a lame thing to do. Honestly I don't even think I would go as far as saying I'm annoyed, I understand why some people might be but not me personally. It's also not at all like the analogy you gave, one is a video game and the other is real life that has real life consequences. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone tolerate someone running up and stealing their coffee where it's pretty common to just shrug off a Kill steal. kill stealing is something that happens in every online pvp game and always will happen.

ChampionRuby50g
10-16-2017, 11:38 PM
I'm really not being high and mighty, it's a lame thing to do. Honestly I don't even think I would go as far as saying I'm annoyed, I understand why some people might be but not me personally. It's also not at all like the analogy you gave, one is a video game and the other is real life that has real life consequences. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone tolerate someone running up and stealing their coffee where it's pretty common to just shrug off a Kill steal. kill stealing is something that happens in every online pvp game and always will happen.

Ok, so what would the real life consequences be to this person knocking the coffee out of your hand be? Jail time, a fine maybe? Don't know how strict your cops are, but the worst consequence I can think of happening for that is this person buying the other a new coffee. On Facebook you always see people doing "pranks" than involve something similar, hell seen plenty that steal other people food. Very similar to kill stealing, having a laugh at you (if they watched the entire fight waiting for you to nearly kill) becaue what they did was cheap and at your expense. Can you not see how this would annoy a lot of people?

Antonioj26
10-16-2017, 11:56 PM
Ok, so what would the real life consequences be to this person knocking the coffee out of your hand be? Jail time, a fine maybe? Don't know how strict your cops are, but the worst consequence I can think of happening for that is this person buying the other a new coffee. On Facebook you always see people doing "pranks" than involve something similar, hell seen plenty that steal other people food. Very similar to kill stealing, having a laugh at you (if they watched the entire fight waiting for you to nearly kill) becaue what they did was cheap and at your expense. Can you not see how this would annoy a lot of people?

Waste of your time, its demeaning, its embarrassing if there were witnesses, I mean if you really think these two things are the same then just do a quick survey with your real life friends. Ask them which one they think is worse or if they are analogous, I'd be blown away if half of them think they are comparable. Those other examples aren't at all the same, for some of the reasons I gave already. Some of the examples you gave im sure you would remember for months maybe even years afterwards, are you going to remember some random roach get the final blow on a guy days from now?

CandleInTheDark
10-17-2017, 12:04 AM

Honestly for me it kind of depends on the situation as I have characters that fit all the different classes. If I am an assassin and it happens then yeah I am annoyed, you just screwed up my renown gain, I am even more annoyed if it wasn't another assassin because in terms of renown, we, as a team, are at a net loss. If I am not an assassin, then eh it goes on my scoreboard,if it was an assassin that did it, I very much get it and I will, when I am an assassin, do the same though not to another assassin when we are not in a zone.

I will also jump in without question and get why my team mates would if we are fighting in a zone, a white zone does us no good at all and I am playing the objective. Not if my ally just got a wall splat but if you are dancing around doing nothing like it is a duel, that is on you, some matches have fine margins and while I won't be all Sorry! Thanks! even if my team mate is all Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm not going to consider my team mate's feelings in that situation either.

ChampionRuby50g
10-17-2017, 01:35 AM
Waste of your time, its demeaning, its embarrassing if there were witnesses, I mean if you really think these two things are the same then just do a quick survey with your real life friends. Ask them which one they think is worse or if they are analogous, I'd be blown away if half of them think they are comparable. Those other examples aren't at all the same, for some of the reasons I gave already. Some of the examples you gave im sure you would remember for months maybe even years afterwards, are you going to remember some random roach get the final blow on a guy days from now?

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. Do you really think that the person knocking the coffee would care if it's embarrassing if they just went out of their way to inconvenience you, eg: stealing your kill.
And it's not wasting their own time if they are taking other people's hard work. Only demeaning.

If it's a one of case, no I wouldn't remember it. But In a small community, when you see the same players doing the same thing over and over again with malicious intent, of course you will start to remember them.

ChampionRuby50g
10-17-2017, 01:45 AM
Honestly for me it kind of depends on the situation as I have characters that fit all the different classes. If I am an assassin and it happens then yeah I am annoyed, you just screwed up my renown gain, I am even more annoyed if it wasn't another assassin because in terms of renown, we, as a team, are at a net loss. If I am not an assassin, then eh it goes on my scoreboard,if it was an assassin that did it, I very much get it and I will, when I am an assassin, do the same though not to another assassin when we are not in a zone.

I will also jump in without question and get why my team mates would if we are fighting in a zone, a white zone does us no good at all and I am playing the objective. Not if my ally just got a wall splat but if you are dancing around doing nothing like it is a duel, that is on you, some matches have fine margins and while I won't be all Sorry! Thanks! even if my team mate is all Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm not going to consider my team mate's feelings in that situation either.

Very much agreed on your first paragraph. When I have full health as my PK and I have a player join in, it's infuriating because it's now harder to press the advantage. On Vanguard or Hybrid, I'm only ever annoyed when it's obvious kill stealing.

On a Zone it's every man for themselves. It is absolutely more important to get that secured as quick as possible. But if my team is comfortably in the lead, on a Zone or not, I will always try and avoid attacking enemy players fighting an ally who has more than 50% health, if the enemy is low.
1. Because there would be 2 enemies at full health figuring an ally somewhere
2. I don't want to frustrate my allies by kill stealing when they are doing well enough.

bmason1000
10-17-2017, 01:54 AM
First off, the consequences of knocking over someone's coffee isn't something emotional, legal or monetary based. It's violence. That is the consequence.

Secondly, I am genuinely surprised this is a thing that upsets people. I had no idea. I'm with antonio on this 100%, that enemy being dead is beneficial to the team regardless of who did it, which is exactly why i do it. No one's smirking behind their screen plotting to "steal" your kills. Pure coincidence that i got the killing blow and you didn't. Or! There was a great opportunity for your teammate to kill that person much quicker, which is beneficial to your team. There is no time where your enemy being dead now instead of later is a bad thing.

If you're a person who gets upset about that, let me apologise now for all the kills the rest of us are going to help you with.

My bad, teammate. I thought you'd prefer your enemy not be alive anymore. Sorry.

Tundra 793
10-17-2017, 02:09 AM
The way I'm reading this thread is; we all agree Devil sounds at least twice as annoying to play with as any kill stealer could be. Now we're just arguing the technicalities of how wrong he is?

Isn't this like you're all agreeing the sky is blue, and now you're just arguing about which shade of blue it is? Surely we can do something more productive with our time guys.

Let's try clicking those links the spam bots keeps posting!

bmason1000
10-17-2017, 02:20 AM
the way i'm reading this thread is; we all agree devil sounds at least twice as annoying to play with as any kill stealer could be. Now we're just arguing the technicalities of how wrong he is?

Isn't this like you're all agreeing the sky is blue, and now you're just arguing about which shade of blue it is? Surely we can do something more productive with our time guys.

Let's try clicking those links the spam bots keeps posting!if you think it's anything other than cyan you're a centurion main!!!...maybe perrywinkle, i guess. Not everyone sees the spectrum the same, ya know? I'm fairly reasonable, i'll allow it.

CandleInTheDark
10-17-2017, 02:20 AM
The way I'm reading this thread is; we all agree Devil sounds at least twice as annoying to play with as any kill stealer could be. Now we're just arguing the technicalities of how wrong he is?

Let's try clicking those links the spam bots keeps posting!

Bravo >.> Those thread titles do sometimes send me to news sites though,

if you think it's anything other than cyan you're a centurion main!!!...maybe perrywinkle, i guess. Not everyone sees the spectrum the same, ya know? I'm fairly reasonable, i'll allow it.

Also bravo

bmason1000
10-17-2017, 02:23 AM
That post was a lot funnier in all caps...but i get why the forum changes it automatically haha

ChampionRuby50g
10-17-2017, 02:53 AM
I'm with antonio on this 100%, that enemy being dead is beneficial to the team regardless of who did it, which is exactly why i do it. No one's smirking behind their screen plotting to "steal" your kills. Pure coincidence that i got the killing blow and you didn't. Or! There was a great opportunity for your teammate to kill that person much quicker, which is beneficial to your team. There is no time where your enemy being dead now instead of later is a bad thing.

So you mean to tell me, that my ally standing around while I take the enemy down from 100% to 10% then runs over and heavy's my opponent when I had them in a GB in which I would have killed them is perfectly fine and not plotting to steal my kill? I guess this person's controller just died then. 3 times in a row... No you're right, it's a lot quicker to let me take down all the enemies health and then my ally kills them because that won't feed the enemy revenge and I am more skilled than my allies.

bmason1000
10-17-2017, 03:09 AM
So you mean to tell me, that my ally standing around while I take the enemy down from 100% to 10% then runs over and heavy's my opponent when I had them in a GB in which I would have killed them is perfectly fine and not plotting to steal my kill? I guess this person's controller just died then. 3 times in a row... No you're right, it's a lot quicker to let me take down all the enemies health and then my ally kills them because that won't feed the enemy revenge and I am more skilled than my allies.Sometimes there's not an opportunity to attack simultaneously succesfully. A lot of times it makes sense to wait. Oherwise you're just bouncing off, feeding revenge, getting blocked, parried or just being in the way. Yes, often times sitting back until you can both land a hit IS faster and safer for both of us. It's not about "oh I'm gonna let them do all the hard work and then take it from them," it just makes more sense. If someone IS doing it maliciously or greedily...i don't know, i guess that makes them rude for not contributing when they could have? I don't know, i guess it just wouldn't bother me.