PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations devs for the return of shinobi dodge spam fiesta ! We needed this !

Jarl.Felix
10-15-2017, 04:59 PM
Great job really ! Everything is far more balanced now, this game is a true jewel now.

Congrats to the professionalism for the devs for learning how to listen to the community. You can now do 4-5 dodge spams + hits and still enough stamina for a sprint run if you are so idiot and fail to do anything.

This is the true definition of balancing a game. Forget the horrible state of conquerors, raiders, kensei. orochi and so on. Please, next week give another buff for shinobi, they are still HUGELY underrated, they still need more buffs ! Thank you !

On serious note tho' : devs, do you even use your brain when you buff/nerf chars ? Or just go with the hype of whomever cries more ?

Well, I guess 1.5k players during weekend on PC platfom is the beautiful reward of your decisions ! Cheers !

Lunatriptika
10-26-2017, 02:03 PM
I must say it's very annoying but it is not a buff, it's an exploit. A glitch.

The spammy-spam double dodge is not suppose to be in his gameplay.
Problem is a lot of people using it...

Second theory (because I didn't see any confirmation) : It's because of the timesnape which has been deactivated few months ago.

Sneaky-Patches
10-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Complaining about this is hilarious.

Here’s the exact same very recent topic on reddit compedative For Honor, where all the competitive players go to discuss counters, and ask for advice to beat specific moves (don’t post salty rants there, use the other sub for that). If the devs were to listen to people about tweaking heros, they should use this forum (alongside, and primarily based on their internal data though)

https://amp.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/78bec6/smokeless_shinobi_dash_exploit_thing/

I urge you to read this and some of the comments and responses. Sorry but it’s a silly complaint.

brashtralas
10-26-2017, 05:41 PM
Complaining about this is hilarious.

Here’s the exact same very recent topic on reddit compedative For Honor, where all the competitive players go to discuss counters, and ask for advice to beat specific moves (don’t post salty rants there, use the other sub for that). If the devs were to listen to people about tweaking heros, they should use this forum (alongside, and primarily based on their internal data though)

https://amp.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/78bec6/smokeless_shinobi_dash_exploit_thing/

I urge you to read this and some of the comments and responses. Sorry but it’s a silly complaint.

So the exploiters are saying it’s not an exploit? Well damn, I guess they’re right!!

I don’t agree or disagree with you one way or another, but citing someone else’s opinion to reinforce your opinion has no actual merit.

Sneaky-Patches
10-26-2017, 08:04 PM
So the exploiters are saying it’s not an exploit? Well damn, I guess they’re right!!

I don’t agree or disagree with you one way or another, but citing someone else’s opinion to reinforce your opinion has no actual merit.

Citing others opinions to reinforce you own opinion often does give your own some merit, depending who you cite. If a bunch of experts in a given field collectively agree on something, it often makes a strong case, hence using the opinion of medical experts, engineers, and so forth. While not as useful as a “fact” it’s still a good gauge.

If all of the “experts” in this game can unanimously agree that a move is both not OP, but also of little use, on a hero the majority hate, there is some merit to that. And many of the replies have explained in much greater detail than I want to go into as to why it’s fairly useless, so I just thought that might be relevant here.

This post to me, is the same post (or thought we’re all guilty of) many of us have made at some stage in this game: “That move is so OP, this game is broken” only to change your mind a week later after you have gotten better and learnt how to counter it.

I could have just brought my own opinion to this topic, sure. Just thought I’d show you discussion the competitive community had around it, and let everyone decide if it’s still “broken OP” or not.

I mean if the post was about timesnaps removal and light spam, then I’d agree, but I just found this a really odd complaint.

ERICKSON619
10-26-2017, 09:28 PM
Citing others opinions to reinforce you own opinion often does give your own some merit, depending who you cite. If a bunch of experts in a given field collectively agree on something, it often makes a strong case, hence using the opinion of medical experts, engineers, and so forth. While not as useful as a “fact” it’s still a good gauge.

If all of the “experts” in this game can unanimously agree that a move is both not OP, but also of little use, on a hero the majority hate, there is some merit to that. And many of the replies have explained in much greater detail than I want to go into as to why it’s fairly useless, so I just thought that might be relevant here.

This post to me, is the same post (or thought we’re all guilty of) many of us have made at some stage in this game: “That move is so OP, this game is broken” only to change your mind a week later after you have gotten better and learnt how to counter it.

I could have just brought my own opinion to this topic, sure. Just thought I’d show you discussion the competitive community had around it, and let everyone decide if it’s still “broken OP” or not.

I mean if the post was about timesnaps removal and light spam, then I’d agree, but I just found this a really odd complaint.

didn't know the mass of idiots on reddit were exactly experts but anyway it is an exploit those comments/remarks they made are actually ******ed considering how on console if you don't preemptive dodge kick it's really hard to dodge on reaction and he can cancel his double dash into a ranged gb bcuz of this exploit and guess what? you dodge the ranged gb and it tracks you which is obviously a bug that enhances this exploit,so before you quote reddit to "merit" your cause try looking for a plausible source and not a site that essentially guarantees anonymity among ignorant masses

Helnekromancer
10-26-2017, 11:02 PM
I play on Xbox, Shinobis today are the same as they was on the first day. "Throw out long range heavies, parried? Well they have double dodge kick. Dodge the kick? Shinobi runs away."

That's it, it only took me one or two tries to get down the timing when they first starting spamming this on opening day, but if your reaction time isn't **** this is never a problem. I want them to double dodge kick me so I can Hidden Stance it. xD

If you dodge it, its a free gb since they are going to immediately throw our the heavy anyway or if you dodge it and wait you can parry his range heavy at close range and punish him or if you are a character with a side dash heavy/light you can dodge the kick and quickly hit him immediately after you dodge.

Once again if you don't have **** reaction time shinobi isn't a problem, I have more trouble fighting PK's with light flurries than a Shinobi with 2 gimmick moves.

ChrisTaben2017
10-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Played this game since the beta, got about 10 days solid game time on it as Warden, I have survived the centurion nightmare,

But Shinobi atm is making me want to give up on this game all together, if hes not op why is 90% of the playerbase on Duel tournaments Shinobi, gotta love that free Kick to heavy over and over. Nerf him Ubi or lose even more of your player base