PDA

View Full Version : Faction War Suggestion

Stahlrusse
10-15-2017, 12:06 PM
The Faction War as it is now is faulty in my mind.

Your faction wins a round when it wins the most territories at a specific point in time. That means a faction wins a round simply because at a point in time it had the most territories. So this basically is a lottery and nothing else.

Would it not be more representative of a faction's strength if all territories that a faction owned during a round would be added and then compared to the other faction's total territories?

gj4063
10-15-2017, 12:54 PM
I think the same executive who choose p2p netcode chose this faction war setup as well. I've found that consciously ignoring faction war makes this game more fun.

Daij.Djan
10-15-2017, 03:46 PM
Ubisoft does not earn money with the faction war. They earn money with each new content of the week.

Stahlrusse
10-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Ubisoft does not earn money with the faction war. They earn money with each new content of the week.

It'd be much more likely for people to buy steel or a season pass if the game's concepts were more thought through.

Tundra 793
10-15-2017, 04:38 PM
It'd be much more likely for people to buy steel or a season pass if the game's concepts were more thought through.

In this desert of a forum, thoughts like that are an oasis.

Stahlrusse
10-16-2017, 12:04 PM
It seems like nobody gives a crap about obvious design fallacies. well then.

Tundra 793
10-16-2017, 04:29 PM
It's not that no one gives a crap. It's that we've been giving way too many craps for way too long now.

You're far from the first to make this specific suggestion, and yes, it probably would make a lot more sense to make the faction war work like that.
But will we ever see it happen? Eh, at the rate the developers implement significant changes, I wouldn't hold my breath.

thornh
10-16-2017, 07:34 PM
I have now played this game for all days of the open and closed beta and have only missed playing it 2 days since 14Feb17. First, that makes me certifiably insane. I love the core game play and the art direction. But in all honesty this game should have been delayed until Feb 2018 and released with dedicated servers, more game modes and a functioning faction war. I feel like we have been stuck in open beta since Feb 14. AND, the single player campaign and custom PvE matches should be playable OFFLINE!!!!