PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator vs. Centurion Stun

Chumlonious005
10-15-2017, 07:02 AM
Why does the gladiator get stun on punches but the centurion does not get stun on kicks. The gladiator's punches are more versatile and have more mixups than centurion's kick, so why remove the stun from centurion and not gladiator? (Don't main nor have a problem with either, but just wondering)

Tyrjo
10-15-2017, 08:08 AM
I think they should have removed the stun on the punch, and left it on the kick, since the kick is much harder to land. The kick is basically not worth doing now.

Morpheus256
10-15-2017, 12:40 PM
I think they only removed the stun from his kick because it's easy to just spam it on one opponent in a gank situation. Then again, Glad can also spam his shield bash... maybe they'll remove the stun from that too.

seaners95
10-15-2017, 04:43 PM
You gotta think about how it was being used though.

a lot of cent players were just standing off to the side and waiting for an opening where they could use it and effectively stun an opponent in the middle of a Xv1. spamming effect was maximum. also the fact that pre nerf it couldn't be dodged once a cent had landed a successful attack/sequence of successful attacks, especially after a punch.

then there's also having two stun moves, the punch and the kick at the same time. it was a pretty powerful combo.

most heroes i can think of only have one stunning move, like shugo's headbut, lawbringers overhead attack, raiders top light, etc. all of which can't be spammed as easily.

so in hindsight it's safe to assume that it was removed to bring the cent down a peg to everyone elses level for the sake of balance.

it's also safe to assume that if the devs find the punch on gladiator too spammable and just plain abusive, they'll probably do one of two things:
1) increase the stamina cost for the move, and further if it misses
2) slow it down significantly

but as far as removing the stun affect, not likely, as it's the gladiators only stun move.

that's just my two cents on the issue.

Charmzzz
10-16-2017, 08:56 AM
The punch of the Gladiator can be dodged just like the Cent kick, both give a free GB to the opponent if dodged. So why does Gladiator still have the stun? Well, look, Cent can followup his kick with a guaranteed Light (into further chaining). Gladiator can only followup the punch with a Heavy which is completely dodgeable / blockable / parryable. That's why punch needs the stun effect, else it would be too inferior compared to kick.