PDA

View Full Version : Warlord Headbutt into stap

G0ldSt1ng3r
10-14-2017, 06:50 PM
I thought this move headbutt into stap was guaranteed

but its being block frenqeuntly even if the gaurd is on the left my enemy manages to block?

Antonioj26
10-14-2017, 07:01 PM
Should be landing everytime unless they have hyperarmor, either on wake up or from their natural abilities. Could be mistiming it too, have a vid?

G0ldSt1ng3r
10-14-2017, 07:55 PM
nope i didnt save the gameplay:( but it was a sninobi??? and warden.. i will be sure to send one to this thread when i have one:D

thanks for the quick reply ( thumps up)

Antonioj26
10-14-2017, 08:10 PM
nope i didnt save the gameplay:( but it was a sninobi??? and warden.. i will be sure to send one to this thread when i have one:D

thanks for the quick reply ( thumps up)

Could it have been during shins backflip, kick, or on wakeup after you've pulled him down from a ranged parry? Warden the only time I can think of is during a full charged sb or again maybe on wake up.

Halvtand
10-14-2017, 08:28 PM
If the enemy blocks right (your left) when the headbutt hits they will block the stab.

Antonioj26
10-14-2017, 08:50 PM
If the enemy blocks right (your left) when the headbutt hits they will block the stab.

Unless they changed it in the last patch no it doesn't, the stab is confirmed aside from the scenarios I already mentioned.

Halvtand
10-14-2017, 09:26 PM
Unless they changed it in the last patch no it doesn't, the stab is confirmed aside from the scenarios I already mentioned.

Here is a thread from the competitive for honor reddit page where they talk about it, 6 months old.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/63y5vs/how_to_block_warlord_stab_after_headbutt/
There was a video on youtube from a few months ago that talked about not just this attack but other, similar ones as well. Can't seem to find it any more though. Anyway, it's not a new thing. It's been like that since launch.

Also, I had it mixed up, it's supposed to be a left block.

UbiJurassic
10-14-2017, 09:54 PM
As Antonioj26, it would probably give us better context to the problem if you had a video of it. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread, should you post a video of it happening again. That way I can look over it and possibly send it over to the team to look over.

gj4063
10-14-2017, 10:46 PM
I've had an orochi level 1 bot block it once. It's unmistakable because that stab animation only plays on that combo.

gj4063
10-14-2017, 10:49 PM
forgot to add that I could have taken a vid and retorted it but I don't care. This game is so fubared right now after timesnap removal and they're using us to beta how the animations and coding need to be changeded to account for the timesnap deletion, that I'm just trying to havefun and just let all the incessant garbage roll off my back.

Antonioj26
10-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Here is a thread from the competitive for honor reddit page where they talk about it, 6 months old.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/63y5vs/how_to_block_warlord_stab_after_headbutt/
There was a video on youtube from a few months ago that talked about not just this attack but other, similar ones as well. Can't seem to find it any more though. Anyway, it's not a new thing. It's been like that since launch.

Also, I had it mixed up, it's supposed to be a left block.

That link you showed proved nothing, it was just 2-3 guys who don't know what they are talking about. If you could block the light after the headbutt then no one would ever be hit by it. You can't find it because it doesn't exist.

ChampionRuby50g
10-14-2017, 11:30 PM
I defs have blocked Warlords stab after headbutt as a Lawbringer, because my guard has been on the left. In saying that, I can't say if I actually blocked it due to game mechanics, or the game having a hiccup. I commented in another thread saying that how after my LB shove my light sometimes gets blocked after a In game stutter or lag.

Antonioj26
10-14-2017, 11:35 PM
I defs have blocked Warlords stab after headbutt as a Lawbringer, because my guard has been on the left. In saying that, I can't say if I actually blocked it due to game mechanics, or the game having a hiccup. I commented in another thread saying that how after my LB shove my light sometimes gets blocked after a In game stutter or lag.

Then he mistimed it or lag. this is a simple thing to prove. Just keep your guard to the left and fight against a level 3 warlord. See how many times you block it, record it and link it. If you guys are right it will be blocked every single time. It can't be done unless it's special circumstances from hyper armor or some other wierd situation. It will not happen from regular circumstances.

ChampionRuby50g
10-15-2017, 01:09 AM
Then he mistimed it or lag. this is a simple thing to prove. Just keep your guard to the left and fight against a level 3 warlord. See how many times you block it, record it and link it. If you guys are right it will be blocked every single time. It can't be done unless it's special circumstances from hyper armor or some other wierd situation. It will not happen from regular circumstances.

So, like I said. A game hiccup could be the same as "some other weird situatuon", could it not?

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 01:13 AM
So, like I said. A game hiccup could be the same as "some other weird situatuon", could it not?

Sure I wasn't saying you were wrong, I'm saying that it's not suppose to happen. My point is relying on the method of blocking to your left to defend yourself will not work 99/100 times, it's happening because the game is busted and not because you made the right move.

Tyrjo
10-15-2017, 08:11 AM
If your opponent has revenge activated it can also be blocked.

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 01:31 PM
If your opponent has revenge activated it can also be blocked.

because of hyper armor, which I've already said. I'm not going to list out every example of hyper armor, we all know just about all of them revenge being the most obvious.

Halvtand
10-15-2017, 08:51 PM
That link you showed proved nothing, it was just 2-3 guys who don't know what they are talking about. If you could block the light after the headbutt then no one would ever be hit by it. You can't find it because it doesn't exist.

First, that link proves that blocking the stab is not something "introduced in the latest patch" as it was talked about 6 months ago. Second. You can't block the stab AFTER the headbutt, it only works if you are blocking left BEFORE headbutt hits you as you will regain your ability to block just in time to block in the same direction, but not enough to change your stance.

I do have more evidence to back up my claim. Here is a quote from another thread from the competitive reddit about fighting the different heroes. 7 months ago PhaedoUltio wrote "*Block left to negate any of their light pokes. Block and stab , headsplitter leap combo, shield counter light combo and headbutt combo all end in a light stab that will always originate from the warlords right. (Your left)" (link: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/5vpnu0/5_important_tips_when_fighting_against_every/) Do pay attention to the fact that nobody on the competitive reddit page contradict this person.

This is also backed up by the video I talked about in my earlier post, the one that doesn't exist, yes? Here it is:
https://youtu.be/PSzXP520XuE To be clear, I remembered this video a bit differently, it does not actually show that the stab after headbutt is blocked by a left block. What it does show is that same attack and animation (the stab) launched from fullblock being blocked with left block. So we have video evidence of the stab being blocked with a left block.

Why doesn't this happen all the time? Who knows, these three sources are more than 6 months old, so this mechanic was not discovered yesterday. Perhaps most people just don't dig that deep about the specific mechanics of their chosen mains, perhaps people doesn't share because it's fun to get a guaranteed hit, perhaps people are a bit blind and refuses to believe that it can be a part of the game and that it must be a bug or something. Personally I've mained WL since launch, I've known about this since I saw that video sometime in March (probably), but I have yet to see any discussion about it. I even remember the first time I saw a stab blocked in the game, back when people were chatty and nice. I asked the guy how it worked and he said that he didn't know.
Do with this as you will, but I guarantee that it is all true, have been true for a long time and as far as I know it is still true.
Keep blocking left.
Cheers.

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 09:05 PM
First, that link proves that blocking the stab is not something "introduced in the latest patch" as it was talked about 6 months ago. Second. You can't block the stab AFTER the headbutt, it only works if you are blocking left BEFORE headbutt hits you as you will regain your ability to block just in time to block in the same direction, but not enough to change your stance.

I do have more evidence to back up my claim. Here is a quote from another thread from the competitive reddit about fighting the different heroes. 7 months ago PhaedoUltio wrote "*Block left to negate any of their light pokes. Block and stab , headsplitter leap combo, shield counter light combo and headbutt combo all end in a light stab that will always originate from the warlords right. (Your left)" (link: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/5vpnu0/5_important_tips_when_fighting_against_every/) Do pay attention to the fact that nobody on the competitive reddit page contradict this person.

This is also backed up by the video I talked about in my earlier post, the one that doesn't exist, yes? Here it is:
https://youtu.be/PSzXP520XuE To be clear, I remembered this video a bit differently, it does not actually show that the stab after headbutt is blocked by a left block. What it does show is that same attack and animation (the stab) launched from fullblock being blocked with left block. So we have video evidence of the stab being blocked with a left block.

Why doesn't this happen all the time? Who knows, these three sources are more than 6 months old, so this mechanic was not discovered yesterday. Perhaps most people just don't dig that deep about the specific mechanics of their chosen mains, perhaps people doesn't share because it's fun to get a guaranteed hit, perhaps people are a bit blind and refuses to believe that it can be a part of the game and that it must be a bug or something. Personally I've mained WL since launch, I've known about this since I saw that video sometime in March (probably), but I have yet to see any discussion about it. I even remember the first time I saw a stab blocked in the game, back when people were chatty and nice. I asked the guy how it worked and he said that he didn't know.
Do with this as you will, but I guarantee that it is all true, have been true for a long time and as far as I know it is still true.
Keep blocking left.
Cheers.

You're original link didn't prove anything aside from people 6 months ago were wrong and didn't know what they were talking about. They probably assumed that you can just block left to protect yourself from it because one time a guy mistimed it or they had hyper armor.

I'll make a video proving you wrong and like I said it's not hard to test this yourself. Go against a level 3 warlord and just leave your guard to the left, if you are right it will block it every single time. I promise you this won't work.

The next link you just gave is from over 7 months ago, very early stages of the game so there were enough uneducated people to spout off wrong info without it going unchecked. You don't see discussion about it because it's not true. I don't have time to watch the full video since I'm working right now so please give a time stamp.

Halvtand
10-15-2017, 09:35 PM
You're original link didn't prove anything aside from people 6 months ago were wrong and didn't know what they were talking about. They probably assumed that you can just block left to protect yourself from it because one time a guy mistimed it or they had hyper armor.
I'll make a video proving you wrong and like I said it's not hard to test this yourself. Go against a level 3 warlord and just leave your guard to the left, if you are right it will block it every single time. I promise you this won't work.
The next link you just gave is from over 7 months ago, very early stages of the game so there were enough uneducated people to spout off wrong info without it going unchecked. You don't see discussion about it because it's not true. I don't have time to watch the full video since I'm working right now so please give a time stamp.

I've spent the last two posts providing evidence and citing sources while you've claimed that everyone besides you and your yes-men are wrong and that it's not true, all without any type of substance to back up this claim.

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 09:44 PM
I've spent the last two posts providing evidence and citing sources while you've claimed that everyone besides you and your yes-men are wrong and that it's not true, all without any type of substance to back up this claim.

Your "evidence" is just showing me people saying things with nothing to back it up. In the same post I saw someone say that warlord couldn't cgb while in full block when at that one he definitely could. I'll make that video tonight, should be home in a few hours. Why would you ever try and dodge the headbutt if all you had to do was switch guards, yes I do mean before the headbutt lands before you try and correct me. If youre on playstation I'll even do the test with you.